Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
    people like to see weird funny stuff like this
    That is not always the case and you can't speak for everyone else. So far you are the only person really being pushy about this even the issue has been decided and more work is going into the other relics to make them even better and more bug free. I know for certain I don't want to see this particular relic so it is not everyone would like it. If you want something like this so badly you can always learn UScript and make it yourself but you should respect a modder when you ask him for something and he politely says no. It is his mod after all and he is being nice enough to share it with the community and take some suggestions even. We should be thankful for the free content we get.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
      That is not always the case and you can't speak for everyone else. So far you are the only person really being pushy about this even the issue has been decided and more work is going into the other relics to make them even better and more bug free. I know for certain I don't want to see this particular relic so it is not everyone would like it. If you want something like this so badly you can always learn UScript and make it yourself but you should respect a modder when you ask him for something and he politely says no. It is his mod after all and he is being nice enough to share it with the community and take some suggestions even. We should be thankful for the free content we get.
      I too think this is a bad idea. I think it would play havoc on some maps that are sized for normal sized players. There is also a small role playing element in UT3. Giants running around would spoil the reality of the game.
      That being said, if it were included in the future, all one would have to do in deactivate that Relic.

Comment

Originally posted by IWA1 View Post
        Don't worry about it, Beta3 will fix my problems most likely.

No need to waste your time to help me, you've done enough

np I just think your problem is possibly something else.

Comment

Manufacturer:
          Custom Made
          Processor:
          Intel Core Duo E8400 @ 3GHz
          Memory:
          Geil DDR2 Ultra 2x1GB 800 MHz
          Hard Drive:
          320 GB Total
          Video Card:
          XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
          Monitor:
          21" Belinea LCD Display
          Sound Card:
          Realtek High Definition Audio
          Speakers/Headphones:
          Keyboard:
          Via USB
          Mouse:
          Via USB
          Mouse Surface:
          Operating System:
          Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)
          Motherboard:
          Computer Case:

Ripped that in a hurry from my Xfire profile

Comment

You may want to replace that 8800GTS with one based on the G92 GPU and not the G80 ... maybe that is part of the problem.

Comment

hmm... your specs look great, I have heard a lot of people having issues with the 8800gts on my server. It is 99% driver related, I am using a 8600gts by any definition a much lessor card but have not had a single issue with it. I also have a bfg ageia card helping things a bit to not suffer the lag in physix maps and stuff but otherwise it is pretty stable and lag free online and of course offline. I remember reading about some drivers specifically made for ut3. I will do a little diggin really quick and see what I can find out, as well as some tweaks some of our members have made and noted in our forums. I suspect it may possible be this but lemme see what I can find out for ya.

so you know, I have np helpin out. To me, a big part of this game revolves around us all helping each other. It is a lot more fun that way

Comment

ok it looks like epic recommends 169.28

I am on 169.21 located here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/

there is also a newer version out you may try that one.

I am not sure if you have seen ultrons UT3 tweaks, or if you are aware of ut# tweaker. here is a link to ultrons thread

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697

This is a link to the UT3Tweaker guys website: http://www.brad-g.com/index.php

beyond this it is also possible you may have a bad stick of ram or something along those lines. which is always fun to figure out and leads to a question. Did you put all your ram in at one time or in two separate occasions? are you getting the bsod or is only ut3 crashing?

I would try the ultron thread first after verifying you are running up to date drivers.

another possibility is another mute in the mix may not be playing nice, this can definately cause a crash of the game as well. I am running a lot of mutes with it and usually only crash if I load a map that is problematic otherwise it just runs.

anyways post back so we know your up and running

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  You may want to replace that 8800GTS with one based on the G92 GPU and not the G80 ... maybe that is part of the problem.
                  I doubt the graphics card is crashing kernel32.dll due to a overflowing variable caused by the mod?

This is practically the only time i've ever had UT3 crash for me.

edit;

I've checked my drivers and i'm running the latest like you suggested dave neun. I still get a Overflowing variable error thats pretty much confined to this mod. I'll have to check with another Vista SP1 computer to see if the OS isn't the problem. Pretty much Vista kills the game because of a infinite loop running, and the log practically displays the error every time a Relic is dropper or spawned

Tried running UT3 via VMWare XP Professional and it didn't crash there with this error, log output was the same still. I've seen a couple of other mods/mutators that had a similar error in the log output. But they never managed to crash UT3 before.

Comment

Awesome, is this gonna stay as pc only or will it end up getting cooked for PS3?

Great work btw!

Comment

Beta3 is available for downloads.

Changelog:
                      - Reworked overall code.
                      - Disability, Translocation and Evil new relics.
                      - Added vehicle support for several relics.
                      - Used new visual/sound effects.

[screenshot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness10.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness11.jpg[/screenshot]
                      [screenshot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness12.jpg[/screenshot]

Originally posted by Cyzmyass
                      Giant relic: Due to the large size of the player they create a gravity field around them that sucks in nearby items, would make picking up items easier.
                      That's a good one . I already thought on that secondary effect you describe for a new relic, and combining it with a giant relic would look fun.

Originally posted by Jake99
                      Awesome, is this gonna stay as pc only or will it end up getting cooked for PS3?
                      Will be cooked for PS3.

IWA1: Let me know if you still get errors; I doubt it though
                      dave neun: I couldn't test the mutator online, a Windows service got corrupted (RPC) and I can't access Internet. I'll have to reformat the OS. Btw, the relics are smaller.

Comment

This is such a great mutator.
                        One of the top 5 out IMO.
                        I hope you plan to submit to MSU.

I have a question?
                        When you are holding several Relics, are they all active at once?
                        If so, a good option (switchable on/off) would to have only 1 active relic in your inventory at 1 time which would be user switchable in game.
                        Maybe assigned to a key and an "active" outline box around the on-screen icon which moves down the screen until you stop and select that Relic.
                        This would add a bit of strategy (not too much though as this is "whack the mole" UT3).

Comment

That's a good one . I already thought on that secondary effect you describe for a new relic, and combining it with a giant relic would look fun.
                          =^_^= *kitty smile*

Comment

So now there is going to be a relic to make people giant sized? Well if you do that could you include a way not to use relics that you don't like? If so that would be cool and everyone would be pleased. I'm going to play this later tonight and give feedback like I indicated earlier.

Comment

Crashes are gone completely. Thanks alot Xaklse

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB
                                This is such a great mutator.
                                One of the top 5 out IMO.
                                I hope you plan to submit to MSU.
                                Thanks!
                                Beta2 was submitted for Phase1 (it's in the mutators list right now), I wonder if I can submit a better version for Phase2, I can't remember the contest rules.

Originally posted by MasterB
                                When you are holding several Relics, are they all active at once?
                                If so, a good option (switchable on/off) would to have only 1 active relic in your inventory at 1 time which would be user switchable in game.
                                Maybe assigned to a key and an "active" outline box around the on-screen icon which moves down the screen until you stop and select that Relic.
                                All active at once.
                                Wow, not a bad idea, but it's more troublesome than you think. Ouch, seeing the current code... I must say 'no' to that idea.

No Giant Relic guys, that's my decision.
                                Waiting for your input AnubanUT2.
                                I'm glad you didn't get crashes IWA1.

Btw, NumEVIL and ModeEVIL name settings of the .ini file were changed to NumEVI and ModeEVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X