Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xaklse View Post
    It's a shame the new ChaosUT got cancelled
    yeah that does suck thats why it would be awesome if he or maybe someone else could do a ut3 version of UTchaos would be extremly awesome

Comment

First off, I'm a bit of newb to server adminstration, so please forgive my ignorance. Trying to install the mutator on a web hosted UT3 server and can't seem to get it working. I found the installation instructions slightly confusing... If I extracted the Config and Localization folders to the UTGame folder wouldn't this overwrite the folders already there? So instead I copied the files within these two folders to the folders already present. Didn't have a Published folder so I did extract that folder directly. I copied and pasted the mutator line to my commandline. I opened the .ini file and changed the "Active Relic Life" to 20. The mutator is listed in the mutator window of the main UT3 server listing, but I don't see anything once in game... Also it's not listed in the mutator window of the server vote page. help please!!!

here's a sample of the .ini file showing what I've edited:
      NumRelicsLimit=50
      IdleRelicLife=20
      ActiveRelicLife=15
      RelicsPerPerson=2
      bHideSymbols=false
      bDontAllowToss=true

here's my current cmd line startup:
      server vCTF-Necropolis?Game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Con tent?mutator=RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics,Battle RPG.BattleRPG?GameMode=3?maxplayers=16?numplay=16? botskill=1?bShouldAdvertise=True?bUsesStats=True?b AllowMapVoting=True?gamepassword=xxxxx?AdminPasswo rd=xxxxxxx-multihome=63.211.221.13 -port 7777 -unattended -login=xxxxxxxx -password=xxxxxxxx -log=GameServers.log -nohomedir

here's what the log says:
      ScriptLog: Mutators RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics,BattleRPG.BattleRPG
      Warning: Failed to load 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics': Failed to find object 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics'

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. The mutator looks awesome and we're eager to get it up on the server!

Comment

Akstylish said that relics don't work with BattleRPG, I don't know really.
        Did you try to setup the server with relics only?

When the object 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics' fails while loading I think it means that the .u file can't be found. Check if RelicMadness.u is there:
        ...\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script

Comment

I am lovin' this mutator.

I am currently playing this mutator with MrEvil's Sentinels and Galtnor(sp?)'s invasion mod. Nothing beats setting up a line of sentinels at a choke point and letting them do their thing.

I noticed however that with the Ammo Relic (Relic of Ammo: Replenishes your ammunition counters.) the sentinel ammo is not affected. Is this due to the Relic code or Sentinel code?

Comment

Originally posted by romanmir
            I noticed however that with the Ammo Relic (Relic of Ammo: Replenishes your ammunition counters.) the sentinel ammo is not affected. Is this due to the Relic code or Sentinel code?
            It's due to Sentinel's code; looks like the sentinels don't count as weapons, they aren't affected by the AllAmmo command of the UTInventoryManager.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaklse View Post
              It's due to Sentinel's code; looks like the sentinels don't count as weapons, they aren't affected by the AllAmmo command of the UTInventoryManager.
              I could be wrong, but I think Sentinals are bots not weapons.

Comment

Relic Madness Beta 5 is OUT.

Changelog:
                - Remade the configurable menu.
                - Reduced relic updates in netgames.
                - At end of round or match all relics are destroyed.
                - Fixed relic of vengeance with vehicles.
                - Evil relics now affects vehicles.
                Notes:
                - The bug about getting duplicated relic pickups on netgames (addressed by JD8) is fixed, not 100% sure though as I didn't code anything specifically for it.
                - About the new menu, if you type the numbers manually remember to press the Enter key each time so that the corresponding numeric box accepts and validates the new amount; not my fault.

Things to add/fix for next releases:
                - Balance the Relic of Translocation so that it's not sooo annoying.
                - Add colored visual effects for relic carriers.

Until next time...

Comment

The sixth and first non-beta version of Relic Madness mutator has been released, with the following changes:
                  - Configurable options are now available through the commandline.
                  - Polished the Relic of Translocation behaviour.
                  - Relic of Equilibrium now affects to vehicles aspect.
                  - Fixed an exploit with Relic of Infancy.

I wanted to add coloured visual effects to all relic carriers, even the code is ready for them, but I don't have the motivation nor the knowledge to draw the textures and create the emitters with the Unreal Editor.

Download links and any discussion HERE.

Comment

First, I want to say that this is a great mutator, and I'm very grateful that you took the time to build this for the community. I can't imagine why the UT developers dropped Relics from UT2K and UT3 in the first place. There were a number of DM and CTF levels where the old relics just made the game a lot more exciting.

Second, one question/comment. I read everyone else's comments (at least I think I did) and didn't see this one, but I'm just wondering if sometime down the road you had any interest in modifying the icons for the relics so that they appeared more uniquely? In other words, more like the original relics in UT where (a skull, for example) floated in the air rather than appearing inside of a (sign?) mounted on the ground. This isn't a criticism, just a question, as I think the original visuals made it easier to spot the relic type from a distance, and also added some realism.

All the same - fantastic and fun mutator. Thank you.

Comment

hi great mutator we're using it on our invasion server, just 1 bug to report which only happens occasinally when a player tosses his relics and tries to pick them up again quickly
                      Code:
                      DM-fktrth-TrainingGround.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.RelicPowerupHEA_0 (Function RelicMadness.RelicPowerup:DisplayPowerup:0051) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)
                      also just FYI

Akstylish said that relics don't work with BattleRPG, I don't know really.
                      Did you try to setup the server with relics only?
                      We found while making RBTTInvasion mutator compatible with battleRPG anything that messes with the hud screws up rpg so we ended up using a interaction to display screen information dunno if the relic write to the hud but could be a reason for compatability issue

Comment

Working...
                      X