• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Let's see.
    I put it where I have put every other mutators, models & maps
    D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
    D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\config
    D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization
    and yes they works fine. (my C is almost full)

tested other new mutators that I have installed after last beta 3 fix version no help.
    checked all .ini files for config folder and tried different code lines no help.

that is all I can remember for now.

Edit: Got it work. I just put it at my games folder but last time when it worked it wasn't there it was in D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMadDeath View Post
      Okay Let's see.
      I put it where I have put every other mutators, models & maps
      D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
      D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\config
      D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization
      and yes they works fine. (my C is almost full)

tested other new mutators that I have installed after last beta 3 fix version no help.
      checked all .ini files for config folder and tried different code lines no help.

that is all I can remember for now.

Edit: Got it work. I just put it at my games folder but last time when it worked it wasn't there it was in D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame ??????????
      It is highly recommended that you never put custom content in D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame. I believe the only thing that you should put in there is the Bonus Pack from Epic - and I'm even starting to have my doubts about that.

All custom content should go into your Games folder.

It makes things slightly confusing to have this two-folder system; however, the main advantage I see is that as long as you never touch anything in D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame, you can never screw up your game. In UT99, it would frequently happen that I'd downloaded so much custom content that my game would no longer function properly. My only option was to delete the game and reinstall it, because the custom content was mixed in with the stock content. Now, all you need to do is delete the contents of your Games folder, and voila, back to the basics.

Comment

You mean in your "User Directory" not the "Game Directory". Right??

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
          It is highly recommended that you never put custom content in D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame. I believe the only thing that you should put in there is the Bonus Pack from Epic - and I'm even starting to have my doubts about that.

All custom content should go into your Games folder.

It makes things slightly confusing to have this two-folder system; however, the main advantage I see is that as long as you never touch anything in D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame, you can never screw up your game. In UT99, it would frequently happen that I'd downloaded so much custom content that my game would no longer function properly. My only option was to delete the game and reinstall it, because the custom content was mixed in with the stock content. Now, all you need to do is delete the contents of your Games folder, and voila, back to the basics.
          so you Didn't read that "my C is almost full" part
          My C: has Windows XP, anti-vir programs and Sound & graphic drivers. So it´s not going to happend
          D: has all the games and other stuff

Comment

so you Didn't read that "my C is almost full" part
            My C: has Windows XP, anti-vir programs and Sound & graphic drivers. So it´s not going to happend
            D: has all the games and other stuff
            Then good luck to you.

Comment

doesn't work relics don't appear in game
              log says this
              Code:
              ScriptLog: Mutators RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics
              Warning: Failed to load 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics': Failed to find object 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics'
              Edit: config doesn't work too
              Same problem..

"Warning: Failed to load 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics': Failed to find object 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics'"

I tried with -nohomedir option to use main ut folder, but it doesn't work.

If I don't use -nohomedir option, everything works well.

I would like to load relics files in original game folder on my dedicated server because I would my server tidy, without some files in other folders...

Could you fix relics to use them with original game folder?

There are also other bugs using some relics:

- guns, haste, agility seem not to reset your status when relic is tossed... so if one take haste, toss it, take agility, toss it, take guns, toss it... he becomes a "god"

- relic of infancy also suffer of this bug, when relic is tossed the guy remain shrinked, he will not notice it but other players see he small

- relic of ghost instead hiding guys makes them "darker"..

I appreciate your work and I hope to see these bugs corrected with version corrected .

Regards,

Rubberick

Comment

Today I decided to get rid of the MyDocuments' UT3 folder, mainly because I have few disk space in that partition too. So I cut-pasted all the stuff there to the game's folder and tried the -nohomedir option; maps worked, Relic Madness didn't.
                Code:
                ScriptLog: Mutators RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics
                Warning: Failed to load 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics': Failed to find object 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics'
                Which means that the game doesn't find the core mutator files. Ok Epic, "thanks"!

This is what I did to make Relic Madness work:
                1. Create a folder ...\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script\RelicMadness and put there the .u and .upk files.
                2. Remove the LocalShaderCache file generated for my mutator in \UTGame\Published\CookedPC.
                3. Boot game, create match, add mutator, config it and wait until the screen is showed.
                It worked! Weird, yeah...

About the new relics euchreplayer23, I won't use them unless more people ask me to include them; they are clearly unbalanced.

I hope to get motivated some day and try to fix all those bugs, let's see how new official updates change/improve the game.

Comment

Has anyone checked v2.0 Compatibility?

Comment

yeah... relic works on 2.0

but we have the same problems... haste, berserk, agility, infancy and others works bad..

Comment

The background of the config screen is sort of messed up now.

Comment

Relic Madness Beta 4 is done
                        The file is currently awaiting authorisation, but by the time you check this LINK you may be able to download it (PC version only).

Changelog:
                        - Remade the netcode part of the relics.
                        - Improved Relic of Infancy code, owners can't be ragdollized but can't use hoverboards.
                        - Added TossKey variable to .ini file which allows users to configure the toss relic key.
                        - Remote redeemers doesn't count as vehicles for relics.
                        In short: all relics should work now on netgames and the toss relic key can be changed.

Things to fix for next releases:
                        - Remake configuration menu.
                        - Duplicated relic pickups on netgames, bug addressed by JD8.
                        - Crashes caused when picking lots of relics at once.

Regards, and btw any bug report is welcome.

Comment

Finally, one of the best UT3 mutators receives a much needed update!!
                          Thanks.

Comment

wouldn't it be better if you can only have one relic at a time just like in ut99 since having every relic would be kinda unfair....dunno if thats just a pic showing the relics when you pick them up or u do have those settings.....but just letting you know...i still have ut99

Comment

Originally posted by Xaklse View Post
                              Relic Madness Beta 4 is done
                              The file is currently awaiting authorisation, but by the time you check this LINK you may be able to download it (PC version only).

Changelog:

In short: all relics should work now on netgames and the toss relic key can be changed.

Things to fix for next releases:
                              - Remake configuration menu.
                              - Duplicated relic pickups on netgames, bug addressed by JD8.
                              - Crashes caused when picking lots of relics at once.

Regards, and btw any bug report is welcome.
                              excuse me but i can't understand... the bug of haste, agility, berserk (when taken then tossed effect continue) is solved? (Remade the netcode part of the relics) the problem was netcode or fix is related to another thing?

by the way: thank you for your work !

Comment

You're welcome, MasterB & Rubberick.

Originally posted by Death_Angel
                                wouldn't it be better if you can only have one relic at a time just like in ut99 since having every relic would be kinda unfair....dunno if thats just a pic showing the relics when you pick them up or u do have those settings.....but just letting you know...i still have ut99
                                No problem, just change the maximum amount of relics a player can carry at once to 1.

Originally posted by Rubberick
                                excuse me but i can't understand... the bug of haste, agility, berserk (when taken then tossed effect continue) is solved?
                                The bug is solved; this time I tested the mutator many times on my LAN and fixed that problem. It was a silly mistake in the netcode.

Comment

Working...
                                X