Relic Madness [Beta5][Pics][Updated 2.1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROS_DukeMaster View Post
    My cofig settings stay the same way I set them. And the properties of a picked up relic leave when the player tosses it away. But I config the game type and Relics through the ini file, not through the game itself.
    But thanks for you input I will look at it to see all these concerns.
    I also set the relics properties within the ini so that kills that theory. The author of this mutator set his config file the same as mine and low and behold he saw exactly the problems I am. So yeah still not done but thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet Otter
      I dont know why people are expecting a final with this. It still crashes everytime in DM and in CTF. Once in ahile it crashes in war and vctf, but those are very rare.
      Well, the mutator is pretty stable on my PC, so you should tell me which configuration do you use (and gametype, and mutators...).

Don't worry people about the version status of this mutator, I know it's not perfect enough for a final release.

Comment

Great mod but generate manys errors online (hundreds of lines in server.log):
        Code:
        Error: Objects Package PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Mesh and MaterialExpressionVectorParameter PICKUPS.Materials.M_Pickups_Ammo_Shader_Medium_Fallback:MaterialExpressionVectorParameter_0 have duplicate NetIndex 7511
        Error: Objects Package PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials and MaterialExpressionVectorParameter PICKUPS.Materials.M_Pickups_Ammo_Shader_Medium:MaterialExpressionVectorParameter_5 have duplicate NetIndex 7510
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionAdd PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionAdd_7 and Material PICKUPS.UDamage.Materials.M_UDamage_LightCone have duplicate NetIndex 3070
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionAdd PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionAdd_5 and Material PICKUPS.UDamage.Materials.M_Pickups_Udamage_Base_Fallback have duplicate NetIndex 3068
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionAdd PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionAdd_6 and Material PICKUPS.UDamage.Materials.M_Udamage_Flare01 have duplicate NetIndex 3069
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionAdd PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionAdd_8 and Material PICKUPS.UDamage.Materials.M_UDamage_Lightning have duplicate NetIndex 3071
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionAdd PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionAdd_9 and Material PICKUPS.WeaponBase.M_Pickups_WeaponBase have duplicate NetIndex 3072
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionComponentMask PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionComponentMask_1 and MaterialExpressionComment PICKUPS.Materials.M_Pickups_Ammo_Shader_Medium:MaterialExpressionComment_1 have duplicate NetIndex 3755
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionConstant PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionConstant_11 and MaterialExpressionConstant PICKUPS.Ammo_Link.Materials.M_Ammo_LinkGun:MaterialExpressionConstant_7 have duplicate NetIndex 3920
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionConstant PICKUPS.Armor_ShieldBelt.Materials.M_Armor_ShieldBelt:MaterialExpressionConstant_12 and MaterialExpressionConstant PICKUPS.Ammo_Link.Materials.M_Ammo_LinkGun:MaterialExpressionConstant_8 have duplicate NetIndex 3921
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionTextureSample PICKUPS.Invis.M_Invis_01:MaterialExpressionTextureSample_0 and MaterialExpressionTextureSample PICKUPS.Flag.Materials.M_Flagbase_Lightcone:MaterialExpressionTextureSample_16 have duplicate NetIndex 7158
        Error: Objects MaterialExpressionTextureSample PICKUPS.Invis.M_Invis_01:MaterialExpressionTextureSample_1 and MaterialExpressionTextureSample PICKUPS.Flag.Materials.M_Flagbase_Lightcone:MaterialExpressionTextureSample_2 have duplicate NetIndex 7159
        Dunno if these lines come from your mod really.

Comment

I really doubt it's a problem generated by my mutator; it doesn't use materials of other standard pickups.

Comment

Xaklse: I finally got this to work on the PS3. If you want it, check your mailbox for the link that I sent you. Only thing I had to change was removing the infancy relic (it caused major crashes). Here is some ideas for further relics Doomsday - A relic you hold for 30 seconds and if you don't kill someone in that timeframe you will explode (possibly invulnerablity during 30s). Telekill - You kill someone you are teleportered to where they died. Weapondrop - If some one shoots you they drop/throw their weapon. 1shot1kill - 10 seconds of intagib fire on any weapon

If you dont want it I'll delete it.

Comment

I've been useing this mutator purely for the extra colors.

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23
                I finally got this to work on the PS3. If you want it, check your mailbox for the link that I sent you.
                If you dont want it I'll delete it.
                Ok, I won't forbid this. You should post here which amount of relics did you choose to implement.

[PlayStation3] Relic Madness Beta3 HERE

Will update 1st post later.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaklse View Post
                  Ok, I won't forbid this. You should post here which amount of relics did you choose to implement.
                  [PlayStation3] Relic Madness Beta3 HERE
                  Will update 1st post later.
                  List of changes from PC to PS3:
                  Infancy Relic removed - caused crashes
                  # of each relic will always be 5 - PS3 is not configurable as easily as PC
                  each relic has its own mutator so that you can pick and choose which relic or use all the relic mutators at the same time. (they work with each other, overlap)

[PS3] Relic Madness Beta3 HERE

Comment

First post updated.
                    Thanks for your effort euchreplayer23.

Comment

Great mutator, but we've discovered a pretty serious exploit.

As has been previously mentioned, when set to one relic per player (I didn't try with more than one relic, though), you can toss a relic and pick up another while still retaining the abilities of the first. However, the issue is even worse than this, I fear. If you run up to a wall and toss your relic, it will bounce off the wall and you will pick it up again. Keeping doing this, and you can keep accumulating over 30+ times the benefit of a single relic. This is especially broken with Haste, Agility, Ammo, Strength...

The clincher is that it only works online, if you are not the server host. I was hosting a server, and was not able to replicate this exploit, whereas everyone else was flying around the map at the speed of light, shooting machine-gun sniper rifles that dealt thousands of damage per hit. The reason you can't reproduce it in singleplayer is the same reason you can't reproduce it if you are the server host.

Great work though, and I'm hoping this major exploit can be fixed

Comment

doesn't work relics don't appear in game
                        log says this
                        Code:
                        ScriptLog: Mutators RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics
                        Warning: Failed to load 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics': Failed to find object 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics'
                        Edit: config doesn't work too

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMadDeath View Post
                          doesn't work relics don't appear in game
                          log says this
                          Code:
                          ScriptLog: Mutators RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics
                          Warning: Failed to load 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics': Failed to find object 'Class RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics'
                          Edit: config doesn't work too
                          Have you considered the fact that many others here have the mutator up and running just fine and maybe you've done something wrong? You know there is always that possibility. Afterall you seem to be the first to say it doesn't work. The only problems I see with this mutator are the ones I mentioned earlier which the mutators author and Rhykker have confirmed. I mean think about it for a second. Do you really think there would be 15 pages in this thread of people saying what a great mutator this is if it didn't work at all? Take that as a hint that possibly you need to do something a little more constructive than come in the thread and claim the mutator doesn't work because it certainly does.

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
                            List of changes from PC to PS3:
                            Infancy Relic removed - caused crashes
                            # of each relic will always be 5 - PS3 is not configurable as easily as PC
                            each relic has its own mutator so that you can pick and choose which relic or use all the relic mutators at the same time. (they work with each other, overlap)

[PS3] Relic Madness Beta3 HERE
                            before this thing was fixed it worked but now it doesn't not even earlier betas

I have re-installed patch and it still doesn't work

By the way this is one of my favorite mutators it would be nice to get it work again

Comment

Xaklse: Here is some code for a relic that I got to work for relicMadness. See below for relic of InstaKil. Gives the player an instaGib rifle with unlimited ammo, can't use other weapons. I also got a Relic of Explosion to work. If you grab it (1 sec delay) a explosion will appear at the place you picked up the relic. It gives you enough time to get to a safe distance. The source for that is longer so PM me and I will forward it to you. I also tried to make a magnetism relic and a teleport (when you kill someone) relic both failed. Here are the pics I used. I tried to get stuff that matched the existing theme.

Relic of InstaKil
                              Code:
                              class RelicPowerupKIL extends RelicPowerup;

function GivenTo(Pawn NewOwner, bool bDoNotActivate)
                              {
                              	local UTPawn P;

Super.GivenTo(NewOwner, bDoNotActivate);

P = UTPawn(NewOwner);
                              	if (P != None)
                              	{
                              		if ( UTInventoryManager(P.InvManager) != None )
                              		{
                              			UTInventoryManager(P.InvManager).CreateInventory(class'RelicMadness.Instagib');;
                              		}
                              	}
                              }

defaultproperties
                              {
                                 IconMaterial=Material'RelicMadnessContent.Icons.KILicon_Mat'
                                 TexMaterial=Material'RelicMadnessContent.Materials.KILtex'
                                 RelicColor=(R=1.000000,G=0.000000,B=0.000000,A=0.000000)
                                 PowerupStatName="RELIC_INSTAKILL"
                                 PickupMessage="You got the Relic of InstaKil."
                              }

/**
                               * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                               */
                              class Instagib extends UTWeapon
                              	HideDropDown;

var array<MaterialInterface> TeamSkins;
                              var array<ParticleSystem> TeamMuzzleFlashes;

//-----------------------------------------------------------------
                              // AI Interface

function float GetAIRating()
                              {
                              	return AIRating;
                              }

function float RangedAttackTime()
                              {
                              	return 0;
                              }

simulated function SetSkin(Material NewMaterial)
                              {
                              	local int TeamIndex;

if ( NewMaterial == None ) 	// Clear the materials
                              	{
                              		if ( Instigator != None )
                              		{
                              			TeamIndex = Instigator.GetTeamNum();
                              		}
                              		if (TeamIndex > TeamSkins.length)
                              		{
                              			TeamIndex = 0;
                              		}
                              		Mesh.SetMaterial(0,TeamSkins[TeamIndex]);
                              	}
                              	else
                              	{
                              		Super.SetSkin(NewMaterial);
                              	}
                              }

simulated function AttachWeaponTo(SkeletalMeshComponent MeshCpnt, optional name SocketName)
                              {
                              	local int TeamIndex;

TeamIndex = Instigator.GetTeamNum();
                              	if (TeamIndex > TeamMuzzleFlashes.length)
                              	{
                              		TeamIndex = 0;
                              	}
                              	MuzzleFlashPSCTemplate = TeamMuzzleFlashes[TeamIndex];

Super.AttachWeaponTo(MeshCpnt, SocketName);
                              }

defaultproperties
                              {
                              	bSuperWeapon=true    ///Need this so it is the only weapon available to use
                              	ItemName="InstaGib Rifle"   
                              	PickupMessage="InstaGib Rifle"
                              	MuzzleFlashSocket=MF
                              	MuzzleFlashDuration=0.33;

WeaponColor=(R=160,G=0,B=255,A=255)
                              	FireInterval(0)=+1.1
                              	FireInterval(1)=+1.1
                              	InstantHitMomentum(0)=+100000.0
                              	FireOffset=(X=20,Y=5)
                              	PlayerViewOffset=(X=17,Y=10.0,Z=-8.0)
                              	bCanThrow=false
                              	bExportMenuData=false

// Weapon SkeletalMesh
                              	Begin Object class=AnimNodeSequence Name=MeshSequenceA
                              	End Object

// Weapon SkeletalMesh
                              	Begin Object Name=FirstPersonMesh
                              		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_ShockRifle.Mesh.SK_WP_ShockRifle_1P'
                              		AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'WP_ShockRifle.Anim.K_WP_ShockRifle_1P_Base'
                              		Animations=MeshSequenceA
                              		Rotation=(Yaw=-16384)
                              		FOV=60.0
                              	End Object
                              	AttachmentClass=class'UTGame.UTAttachment_InstagibRifle'

InstantHitDamage(0)=1000
                              	InstantHitDamage(1)=1000

InstantHitDamageTypes(0)=class'UTDmgType_Instagib'
                              	InstantHitDamageTypes(1)=class'UTDmgType_Instagib'

WeaponFireAnim(0)=WeaponFireInstigib
                              	WeaponFireAnim(1)=WeaponFireInstigib

WeaponFireSnd[0]=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_InstagibFireCue'
                              	WeaponFireSnd[1]=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_InstagibFireCue'
                              	WeaponEquipSnd=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_RaiseCue'
                              	WeaponPutDownSnd=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_LowerCue'

AIRating=+1.0
                              	CurrentRating=+1.0
                              	bInstantHit=true
                              	bSplashJump=false
                              	bRecommendSplashDamage=false
                              	bSniping=true
                              	ShouldFireOnRelease(0)=0
                              	ShouldFireOnRelease(1)=0
                              	InventoryGroup=12
                              	GroupWeight=0.5

PickupSound=SoundCue'A_Pickups.Weapons.Cue.A_Pickup_Weapons_Shock_Cue'

ShotCost(0)=0
                              	ShotCost(1)=0

IconX=400
                              	IconY=129
                              	IconWidth=22
                              	IconHeight=48
                              	IconCoordinates=(U=722,V=479,UL=166,VL=42)

TeamSkins[0]=MaterialInterface'WP_ShockRifle.Materials.M_WP_ShockRifle_Instagib_Red'
                              	TeamSkins[1]=MaterialInterface'WP_ShockRifle.Materials.M_WP_ShockRifle_Instagib_Blue'
                              	TeamMuzzleFlashes[0]=ParticleSystem'WP_Shockrifle.Particles.P_Shockrifle_Instagib_MF_Red'
                              	TeamMuzzleFlashes[1]=ParticleSystem'WP_Shockrifle.Particles.P_Shockrifle_Instagib_MF_Blue'
                              	CrossHairCoordinates=(U=320,V=0,UL=64,VL=64)
                              }

MegaMaddeath: I never did anything to the original PC version, just to the PS3 version. The PC 1 is working fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMadDeath View Post
                                before this thing was fixed it worked but now it doesn't not even earlier betas
                                Works for me and everyone else. It would be really nice if you gave a little better description than "it doesn't work" Because it does work and that means you either have it setup wrong or it's conflicting with another mutator you have running. How about you show us what you have in your command line and tell us where you put the mutator files. Then someone could help you figure out what you did wrong. With this mutator running on so many servers there's more than enough proof to show that "it doesn't work" is a complete falsehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X