• Show
Clear All

Relic Madness [Beta5][Pics][Updated 2.1]

EDIT: 1.0 version is HERE.

========== Old post: ==========

1. Name: Relic Madness
    2. Version: Beta 5
    3. Compatibility: UT3 PC 2.1 Patch

Make Something Unreal Contest finalist for Best Mutator category.

4. Description: Do you remember the relics?
    The relics are items that move around the map and give you special powers when picked up.
    There are 18 types of relics:
    - Relic of Strength: Doubles the damage that you do.
    - Relic of Defense: Reduces all the damage you take by half.
    - Relic of Health: Regenerates your health.
    - Relic of Haste: Multiplies your speed by 1.5.
    - Relic of Redemption: Gives you a second chance at life.
    - Relic of Vengeance: Creates a big explosion after your death.
    - Relic of Agility: Provides you a powerful jump.
    - Relic of Ammo: Replenishes your ammunition counters.
    - Relic of Disability: If you get hurt, your enemy will be forced to feign death.
    - Relic of Guns: Makes you shoot faster.
    - Relic of Equilibrium: Distribute damage you take amongst nearby players.
    - Relic of Infancy: Decreases you in size.
    - Relic of Invisibility: Makes you invisible.
    - Relic of Momentum: The momentum of damage is increased.
    - Relic of Radiation: Gradually decreases the opponents' health near to you.
    - Relic of Translocation: If you get hurt, your enemy will be teleported away from battle.
    - Relic of Vampire: Grants you the ability to drain opponent's life damage.
    - Evil Relic: Gives you a rare illness.
    You can choose the amount of relics of each type to place into the scenario, hide the relics' symbols, allow to toss the relic you carry, and other features.

5. Comments: This is a public beta version of the mutator. Post here feedback, doubts and all bugs you find, please. It's cooked for PS3 too, check below.

6. Screenshots:
    [screenshot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness08.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness09.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness07.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness05.jpg[/screenshot]

7. Credits: Dekrayzis for his relic model
    8. Homepage: HERE
    9. Download Mirrors: FileFront / ModDB

Originally posted by euchreplayer23
    [PS3] Relic Madness Beta 3 -> HERE

List of changes from PC to PS3:
    - Relic of Infancy removed, it caused crashes.
    - Amount of each relic will always be 5, each relic has its own mutator so that you can pick and choose which relic you want or use all the relic mutators at the same time (they overlap).

this relics seem beter than the previes relics ill try them out btw they look good

Comment

Some of these seem real powerful, i'll let some other ppl comment on the balancing of this.

Comment

What you read is the short description of each relic, read the Readme file for a detailed description.
        For instance:
        - Relic of Invisibility (ghost):
        Makes you invisible. If you change your weapon, will make you visible for 1.5 seconds. If you fire a weapon, will make you visible for 2.5 seconds. If you land on floor, will make you visible for 1 second. If you hurt anyone, will make you visible for 1 second.

Comment

Very nice, will try out when I get home from work

Comment

omg... HAPPY SATURDAY!... cannot wait to try..

Originally posted by Xaklse
            This is the first public beta version of the mutator. Not tested in netgames :/ Post here feedback, doubts and all bugs you find, please.
            I have been doing a lot of testing of my own mutes lately online so I will put these in the mix next time I swap builds on mine and give some feedback about weather or not they do.

Comment

Xaklse: Could you take out the configurable portions of this mutator so that it can be cooked for the PS3. Configs that you added don't cross over at all. If not oh well.

Comment

They are running on my server and doing fine just need a bit of adjusting... thanks for allowing that.

two bugs I could find
                -radiation does self damage if in vehicles(by that I mean it does damage to the vehicle). I didnt stay in long enough to die though sorry
                -agility jump properties need some tuning, it is as if you jump twice instantly causing a jerking.
                -I forgot to test the jump boots. I have them replaced with a bandage I made to give you speed instead because i was running mmrelics and if you picked up the jump boots with the agility relic it would give you 249 jumps. so you may wanna throw in a couple extra if statements to cancel that out.
                -only due to the games white arrows I recommend you change the relics color to gold or some alternate color to be cool to the players.

Things that are really really cool
                -infancy
                -ammo
                -lol actually they are all pretty dam cool but I missed those a lot.
                -the timed pickup portion of the configuration

tested with
                pbg_ArsenalV3RC1
                pbg_PhysXTweak
                pbg_SUVs
                Sentinels of EVIL
                uberboard
                Gibolicious

Just got done checking my logs and nothing major to report there either

well done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23
                  Could you take out the configurable portions of this mutator so that it can be cooked for the PS3. Configs that you added don't cross over at all. If not oh well.
                  Will do. Which default configuration option values do you want?

Originally posted by dave neun
                  Radiation does self damage if in vehicles(by that I mean it does damage to the vehicle).
                  Lol, funny. Just tested and you're right. Fixed

Agility jump properties need some tuning, it is as if you jump twice instantly causing a jerking.
                  Hmmm, that's a weird problem. Just modified something, hope it works better.

I forgot to test the jump boots. I have them replaced with a bandage I made to give you speed instead because i was running mmrelics and if you picked up the jump boots with the agility relic it would give you 249 jumps. so you may wanna throw in a couple extra if statements to cancel that out.
                  That's confusing, I don't touch the multi jump charges.

Only due to the games white arrows I recommend you change the relics color to gold or some alternate color to be cool to the players.
                  I'll see what can I do, I have to modify the icon materials anyways.

I'm glad you loved the Infancy Relic.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaklse View Post
                    Originally Posted by euchreplayer23
                    Could you take out the configurable portions of this mutator so that it can be cooked for the PS3. Configs that you added don't cross over at all. If not oh well.
                    Will do. Which default configuration option values do you want?
                    All this stuff can't to be configurable, if it is then when it gets cooked the default is Zero. So when i cooked it zero things showed up.
                    [RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics] NumSTR=5 NumDEF=5 NumHEA=5 NumHAS=5 NumRED=5 NumVEN=5 NumADR=0 NumAGI=5 NumAMM=5 NumDIS=0 NumEQU=5 NumGUN=5 NumINF=5 NumINV=5 NumMOM=5 NumRAD=5 NumTRA=0 NumVAM=5 NumEVIL=0 NumMUTANT=0 ModeSTR=0 ModeDEF=0

Comment

Originally posted by Xaklse
                      Which default configuration option values do you want?
                      I mean, you want hidden symbols, multiple relics, no tossing... ? Which values?

Comment

The visable symbols are fine (being seen in the left column of the screen), multiple relics is also cool, (i don't know what no tossing is). What i mean specifically is the configuration in the *.ini as displayed below. This stuff needs to be in your .uc (whichever one) as a default value (so there will a value for the PS3 to check). Right now your .uc tells to look in the *.ini for a value (I believe). Unfortunately this portion of the *.ini doesn't cook. ex:
                        [RelicMadness.UTMutator_XRelics]
                        NumSTR=5

Comment

I can't seem to hold more than 1 relic at a time. I just show 1 on the left of the screen.
                          What am I doing wrong???

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                            I can't seem to hold more than 1 relic at a time. I just show 1 on the left of the screen.
                            What am I doing wrong???
                            In the config-screen you can set >Relics per Person< !
                            Max. is 15.

Comment

I did that I believe.
                              I will give it another try as I set it through MapMixer.

Comment

Working...
                              X