Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-SPORINE beta (CUSTOM content) + Poll

No longer available.

Thanks for the first ones who helped me.

It reminds me of the game folklore... Cant wait to try it when the ps3 version is released.

Comment

What a neat little theme you have here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
        What a neat little theme you have here.
        Yeah, those mushrooms freak me out... In a good way!

Comment

Thanks for those first feedbacks. I hope this mushroom forest will please many of you.

It reminds me of the game folklore... Cant wait to try it when the ps3 version is released.
          Be sure I'll cook it for PS3 as soon as people who tested this map will tell me to do so. At least the two minor problems I've mentioned don't really matter to the gameplay, but it would be cool if any solution could solve it (Mostly the missing description). As usual, while working on a map, there's always things you don't see and that's why comments are so precious

Have you the same strange event I had when you die (the camera flying ten thousand miles in the sky for unknown reason) ?

Gimme gimme gimme commeeeeennts after midniiiightt

Comment

The map is a little let down by the indoor areas. Outside is stunning and original. Inside is too much bare BSP and relies too much on portals to be reachable (that is too say, it's just doesn't feel connected with the rest of the map)

IMHO this map could be fine with just the outdoor areas. Maybe a separete lite version if you feel like keeping (and improving the inside). Seriously though, I love the outside, even if it eats my computer alive.

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
              The map is a little let down by the indoor areas. Outside is stunning and original. Inside is too much bare BSP and relies too much on portals to be reachable (that is too say, it's just doesn't feel connected with the rest of the map)

IMHO this map could be fine with just the outdoor areas. Maybe a separete lite version if you feel like keeping (and improving the inside). Seriously though, I love the outside, even if it eats my computer alive.
              Yeah, it's true the inside is light. That is because the outside already eats a lot of ressources. I originally wanted to create more corridors with highspeed running (more ressources again) but I thought portals would easy the gameflow. After all, this is an unknown civilization so.. Why not ?

Deleting the inside makes us loose some great upgrades, and some great places for tricks. But if the majority of people wants me to de so, I'll see how to reworking the map. One of the solution is to supress the huge purple and yellow room and place a portal instead of the hexagonal corridor. I'll make a poll for that.

Thanks a lot for your feedback though, and I'm very happy to see the outside is as pleasant as I wanted it to be

EDIT : An other idea is to supress the rooms for this Sporine and use it with improvements for another Dm-map. (Choose "supress the 2 rooms" in poll)

Comment

This looks great! The only problem I notice is the low-res textures on the tower in the top screenshot. I haven't downloaded yet to test, but I will in the future.

This is what brings the feel of Unreal 2k4 back, I love the idea.

Comment

Man this looks trippy, downloading!

Comment

Here is the point :

I've let this map tested in other forums. It appears clearly the rooms are interesting because of the colours, but are too simples - and the game play isn't as well thought as I wanted it to be (My brain must be on holidays, somewhere in the Indian ocean )

Two solutions now :

1 - I really rework the rooms, adding things and BSP here and there
                    2 - I suppress the rooms.

The first solution gives many new problems : Too much ressources are already used for this map (10min to rebuilding all - ARGHH) + There's a problem with the dead characters in thoses rooms I cannot fix + The map is already too huge for a DM-map.

I think I'm gonna suppress the rooms (simply) - that will allow me to rework on the dark towers a bit.

I'll maybe use the rooms in another map. Or just create a colorfull CTF map (I wanna try it ) - a kind of "Evil vs. Paradise".

All help for a CTF map (links, tuts, experiences are welcome)

See ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X