• Show
Clear All

Hellbender Deluxe

1. Name: Hellbender Deluxe
    2. Version: Beta
    3. Compatibility: PC, PS3
    4. Description:
    -- Gunner seat works more like 2K4 - hold left mouse to charge gun,
    let go to release. Makes charging sound so you know beam is fully charged Has charge indicator on HUD in lower right corner.
    -- Increased zoom.
    -- Increased beam momentum. You can knock vehicles around like you used to in 2K4.
    -- *New Feature* - Press space or jump to lock/unlock the door.
    Only the driver can lock the door. Locking the door kicks out any passengers.
    Your teammates cannot enter when the door is locked. The door auto-unlocks
    when there is nobody in the vehicle. Yay no more n00bs driving off in your bender just as you get a good sniping position
    5. Comments:
    6. Screenshot: None, it looks like same old hellbender
    7. Credits: josh aka CaptainSnarf zenakuten at yahoo dot com, euchreplayer23 for the PS3 cook
    8. Homepage: http://hosted.filefront.com/CaptainSnarf
    9. Download:
    PC http://files.filefront.com/HellBende.../fileinfo.html
    PS3 http://files.filefront.com/Hellbende.../fileinfo.html

Thanks to euchreplayer23 for the PS3 cook!

Now this sounds like a very nice mutator. I am not a fan of the current HB so this is much appreciated.

Comment

Hey, nice combination of changes. I agree, the new HellBender offers the most opportunity for change / improvement.

That "locking door" feature is the BEST idea I've heard to keep the DAMNED BOTS OUT. I HATE it when I get sniping in a hight spot, then they snatch my Bender and drive it off the cliff.

Comment

Ugh, i won't get this, hated the shock beams that would knock any vehicle 5 meters back.

Still, the lock and unlock concept is quite cool.

Comment

awesome mod, cant wait to try it out since 2k4 twin beams rocked... thank you

Comment

This is alright but i dont mind mind the auto charging cannon. although this brings the nostalgic feeling back. I also prefer driving and skymining at the same time.

Comment

Since this mutator is supposed to 'fix' any problems with the hellbender I'm completely open to suggestions. I'll most likely make it a two seater again since not being able to shoot while driving weakens the vehicle, and it's already too weak.

Comment

Why not make it a two seater then?

Just rename this one as "UT204 Hellbender"?

Your the best vehicle coder i know, and this proves it

Comment

Here's a suggestion: Make the shockballs travel faster

Comment

Sounds really good with the beam changes and lockout feature, but i would make it so the driver can use the skymines, as this was a good change from Epic.

Comment

with that in mind, they should a lock for ALL vehicles. people who enter darkwalker turrent and goliath gunner who dont ever help lol

Comment

Eh, the lock/unlock idea sounds good, but I know that idiots would exploit it to hamper their teammates

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                          Sounds really good with the beam changes and lockout feature, but i would make it so the driver can use the skymines, as this was a good change from Epic.
                          I'd have to agree with that. Fixing the bender is one thing I wanted to do once I figured more out about coding. One other thing that I might suggest is to maybe tweak the speed and the bounciness of the suspension a bit. It seems a bit too bouncy for the top speed. I think the 2k4 bender had much better handling and speed...

Comment

Could configurable options be done? I like some features you have, but not others (the prime being the moving of the skymine to a new seat).

And I do agree that the movement characteristics of the Bender need some fixing.

While on the subject of tweeking vehicles, could you perhaps do a tweek to the Darkwalker so that it doesn't zoom every time it fires, and maybe stick that on the Spacebar function?

Comment

At least call it something else. The whole "fixing" thing just blares arrogance.
                              EDIT: that sounds better.

Comment

Working...
                              X