X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    b3 feedback

I'm not a fan of WAR type but I must say that you made a great map so far

There are small things that I found rather odd or not plausible that I want to comments :

1) This structure above the castle just seem to float. I saw after that it was linked to the space ship above but the link between them is not apparent. I was thinking that the ship above retain the structure but since it is not apparent for me I think that maybe put some sort of light from the inside dome could make the link more apparent, plausible. FTM, it look bland.

2) I noticed that the water fountain is emerging clear water but the water in the pool is black... IMO, using the Necris green water color in much more better looking than dark color. If you could apply that to others rivers to, it will look even better.

3) In this little building, the stairs use all the width of the corridor forcing the in/out to the floor above only in 1 direction. If you can shrink the with by half (show in yellow) and put a support structure below the stairs, the better the flow and the look.

THX for the map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *bump*

New version beta3 out

Changes since beta2 (thx MapMonkey for all the feedback )-

- Adjusted all playerstarts to better flow with the game
    - Made prime nodes harder to hit
    - Added avril at synapse node
    - Added shield in front of cores to make cores harder to hit
    - Added more hills and rocks to terrain
    - Added more distance blur to post processing
    - moved some of the rocks around the edges of the map to fix collision box issues
    - Added more light to the mothership in the sky. It should look much less like a black blob now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been working on it on and off for about three months I have some even older maps that look nothing like what I've released as synapse, but they still have pieces of the castles in them. It's been a long project for sure.

I haven't seen it yet but I don't think you copied me There just isn't that many necris static meshes to play with. If you don't use that much BSP and rely on static meshes like I did then we will end up with some similar looking stuff sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks good, but i have a problem?
    at first, how long did you work on it? i ask you this question, because i have created a castle like you , which looks similar. when i will release my CTF-map, than players will think that i copyed you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *bump*

New version beta2 available

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CaptainSnarf, yay, awesomenessss

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we get a few more screenshots? It looks interesting but I would like to see more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome man, I can't wait to see the final version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TAW_GuitarSlim View Post
    Snarf, the map is too dark. It's like the only lighting is coming from dynamic lights from the nodes and weapon lockers. Great map but it gives me eyestrain to play it as is it now. The gameplay and theme is great though, I love the gigantic ship hovering in the sky, and the necris tentacle look. Just need to add some lighting sources so we see the action!
    That's the #1 complaint so far. I'm gonna let it beta a little more then release a new version that's brighter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by killinya View Post
    Trying to Run this map on our server, getting VH_Kraits package not found... suspect your vehicle mod snuck into the map...
    Hmm. The kraits vehicle *is* in the map (at center node underneath), but it was my understanding that when you publish the map that all the scripts are cooked into it. If that's not the case I'll need to repackage the map with the mod .u files included. Other people seem to be playing it offline ok so I'm not sure what the problem is.

The mods in WAR-Synapse are: VH_Trickboard, VH_Mandrake, VH_Themis, and VH_Kraits. They are a part of the modded vehicles package which can be downloaded from here: http://hosted.filefront.com/CaptainSnarf

If you open the modded vehicles zip file and put the VH_Trickboard.u, VH_Mandrake.u, etc files in your published/CookedPC/script folder, it should work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Snarf, the map is too dark. It's like the only lighting is coming from dynamic lights from the nodes and weapon lockers. Great map but it gives me eyestrain to play it as is it now. The gameplay and theme is great though, I love the gigantic ship hovering in the sky, and the necris tentacle look. Just need to add some lighting sources so we see the action!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trying to Run this map on our server, getting VH_Kraits package not found... suspect your vehicle mod snuck into the map...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haven't tested your map, but if you add some custom vehicles in it make a normal version too.

Becuase if it is a good map, many people prefer normal vehicles (most of the time becuase they are in a good balance with each other)
    And i don't guess pickup server and many normal server will use a map with custom vehicles

But you other map was fun, hope that this one is smaller

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UT2004Addict View Post
    and sweet finishing sequence for the core death.
    the ending killed!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, great job! And to think this is only in the Beta stage!

Nice mix of nodes, plenty of cover and exposure for troops, and sweet finishing sequence for the core death.

Some suggestions:

* Add in some drifting patches of fog / some type of visual cover, especially around those nasty black rivers. This can help cover troop movement, ease processing load, and would look super sweet.

* Perhaps some sort of periodic level-based event, like Sandstorm? Instead of the sand blowing in, perhaps a rise in river water? Just something strange to mix things up a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X