• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Horseman Cometh [ALPHA]

1. Name: The Horseman Cometh
    2. Version: 0.40
    3. Compatibility: PC only
    4. Description: UT3 GameType and Map.
    In the later half of the year 2012, Portals to Hell began opening up all around the world. It is said that December 21st of this year is the final day of man. All that stands in the way of an Earth overrun by Hell's minions is the Order of the Secret Scrolls, an international, multi-generation secret society of military trained Monks.

Each HMC map has a portal, which starts the game at 50% strength.

Players are separated into two teams: The Demons, and The Monks.

The Monks are humans with human-like stats and are equipped with an automatic weapon. The alt fire for that weapon emits a beam, which only links to the Portal in the map, and diminishes its strength. If the Portal's strength diminishes to 0%, the Monks have closed the portal and win the game.

The Demons have an increased movement speed, jump height, and have temporary flight. Their only weapons are their claws, which they use in melee combat. When they kill a Monk, their victim's soul drops to the ground. The Demons must bring these souls to the Portal to feed it strength. If the Portal's Strength reaches 100%, the Portal is powerful enough to bring in a large army, and the Demons win.

The Monk's version of the level is like a gauntlet. The Demon's version of the level is like a jungle gym.

5. Comments:

This gametype is not yet complete, and there are some issues with it.
    - All custom meshes, animations, the HUD, weapons, etc are temporary.
    - The Claw attack uses trace instead of using a hit radius of some sort, and so instead of a sweeping type attack, imagine it more as a stabbing attack.
    - Overall, the script could use some serious polish, as right now, its just stable.
    - The Gametype still looks for DM Maps. The map intended to go with this gametype is DM-City01
    - The Bots don't really know how to play.
    - I haven't done much network testing, but I do know it loads and people can play, and everything seems to replicate.

9. Download: The Horseman Cometh

Wow what an idea!

Comment

sounds cool, I'll try it tonight

Comment

.jpg or didn't happen.

Comment

lol it happened but some pictures would still be nice.

Comment

Here are some screenshots.. Theyre late, but better than never.

Comment

Screenshots taken from gameboy?

Comment

haha!!
                These look great, to the above poster....what a jerk, if youve got anything better to contribute then by all means.

Comment

hmmm good game type crappy graphics i will download this and give you guys some beter screenshots how does tha sound

Comment

Hidef Screenshots here:
                    http://de.xfire.com/screenshots/tipxtint3nkill3r/

Comment

Thank you for taking those shots for me!

Unfortunately, my rig isn't really up to date with the newest hardware and all. Developing this mod was a pain because of that.. it took me about 10 minutes from the time i changed a line of script to the time where I got to check out the difference in game. Totally frustrating. But, I did it!

I know the map isn't really that artistically well done, but I sort of rushed it with a generic map that just gets the point across. My primary focus was the design of the gameplay.

With that said, have you guys played it with other people much? Im interested in any feedback anyone has to offer on the game play.. I'd love to get some custom meshes, hud, weapons, and so on for it.. an overall polish.. But honestly, I didn't want to waste too much effort on all that if the core game play wasn't solid or fun.

Comment

Ask somebody (not me im a ps3 user who can only texture stuff in zbrush with my poor rig) for help, i mean if you share this project with someone its an experience shared and a burden halfed etc!
                        I mean even if you just get somebody to optimise and increase the textures and stuff of your maps, or go over your characters or write codes with what you want in mind it would help you

Comment

I'm loving this!

Comment

holy **** this game type needs some series work on the bots realy are stupid all they do its stand in one spot and when i come nere they kick some series ***, another problem is well everything i know its an alpha but it could use someone elses help on it

Comment

if you get melee attacks to work then i suggest you release the source code to people then we would see some action !

Comment

Working...
                              X