• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Awesome dude, that's dedication.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, I fixed it so you can't see out of the level, I made it so the teeth aren't floating, I added some lines of health vials, changed the texture in the tunnel part, and fixed the bridge hitbox (I ran back and forth over it thirty times to be sure, I didn't get stuck once). I smoothed out some of the terrain edges too - the most that is possible, as any more would deform the terrain unless I was to increase the number of polygonal iterations, which I don't want to do for performance reasons.

I'm going to upload it once it's built and published, will post back here when it's up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If chaosUT3 can ever get some coders to help then, we'll hopefully have the chaos armor-shards again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One thing I will say from a map-maker's perspective, I wish Unreal Tournament 3 had Armor Shards, similar to Quake III. I seem to often find myself putting vials of health everywhere, it can get a bit monotonous.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not a huge online guy, sorry. I would ask some of the guys over at BU.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I actually want to get it online, on a custom map server. Are there any major ones I could ask? I can't search myself; I'm in the far east at the mo and for most online games, server pings timeout.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lol yay! This map will be in my regular rotation if you do that!!! I'll give it to all my college buddies as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Screw that, I'm a perfectionist. I'm going to try and fix all those problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its stuck as in, I can't run forward, I have to jump over invisibleness,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DeathRabbit View Post
    EDIT: After playing a bit more, I noticed that the bridge has a tendency to get you stuck, I didn't notice at first cuz I pretty much jump everywhere, but it's pretty much impossible to run straight across it.
    Really? Do you get "stuck"-stuck, though? Like you can't move?

It might just be that the collision info for the bridge is a little off.

In any case, thanks for the comments. I don't know if I'll do another revision, as this was just to try out editing for UT3. The other thing is I've been stamping out minor bugs for over a week now and I think sooner or later you have to draw a line and say "finished", or you'll be editing forever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Asura, it's Zennex from BU. I have a couple of remarks, first of which is that I love the sort of desert/antalus thing you've done and I really like the bridge. A few things:

1) The mesh over the passages to the underwater cave/grotto could be more detailed, it looks kinda ugly up close.

2)The horns on the armor side of the big rope bridge appear to be floating.

3) Some of the mountain terrain decorating the level comes to sharp points, but would look better if more rounded.

4) It feels a tad empty. I think some small items/ammo would work good on thos long paths like the rope bridge or the dirt path that winds up to the top of cave/grotto thingy.

5) (nitpick)-not far from the floating horns spot, theres a place where you can jump up and see over the mountains and its all garbled, I assume cuz nothing is there. Maybe make higher mountain there to cover that up.

All in all a pretty good map tho, gj man.

EDIT: After playing a bit more, I noticed that the bridge has a tendency to get you stuck, I didn't notice at first cuz I pretty much jump everywhere, but it's pretty much impossible to run straight across it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hope you think so. It does have set-up AI paths, and I've watched the bots in a few matches to make sure they don't get stuck on the terrain or anything else. They seem to navigate everything ok though, including finding some routes I hadn't considered myself!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I might have to give this a try, looks pretty decent(IMO). Hope it works good with bots

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM-Maw [beta/final][pics][video]

DM-Maw [beta/final][pics][video]

Moved to "finished" folder now that the map is complete.
Working...
X