• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Serenity_Nightf1re Edition V3 [pc download]

WAR-Serenity_Nightf1re Edition V3

Version 3
    patch 1.2
    Comments: the original Serenity was modified to this version in an attempt to make it feel a bit more like 2k4 ONS...

If this version works well on servers this will be the final version

changes from original Serenity:
    night theme
    added 1 additional node per side creating dual primary node link (see screenshot minimap above)
    no levi or levi node
    DD removed from each side of map, single DD on sniper perch above middle
    removed 1 scorpion from each side that spawns near tank
    the pipeline in screenshot 2 runs across map directly above where levi was
    no orb

changes from V2:
    tweaked rotation of custom nodes
    added UI screenshot
    other minor tweaks
    fixed floating rock bug

download pc version: http://zerofrag.com/maproom/Sanch3z/...ghtf1re_V3.zip

Thanks to BattleMode and UT3 fixer time has finally come to put some custom maps on servers........

Ps3 cook coming too...

Looks cool. I will download and tell you what I think.

Good remake and nice theme change. Found one problem, it's a seam in the water. Here is a pic:

Comment

thanks balloons, thats one flaw you will also find in the stock Serenity since I didnt do anything with the water...

Comment

Hahaha. No problem. Interesting that Epic missed that. Oh well. I just spotted it as I ran by.

Comment

updated first post with new version, ready for server play..

Comment

1st I wanna say its a nice idea for this map, good job!
            I played it today and found this

Closer shot of the same place

You can walk under this rock

Comment

ahh thanks, I guess a V3 will be coming out soon....

Comment

No problem.

Comment

updated first post with V3

Comment

Nice Sanch3z, love it. Great Link setup. No more Levi i odn't mind, but why remove the deemer?

Also i found a set of steps that has no collision:
                    [screenshot]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6489/nocstepsot3.png[/screenshot]

Also it's on the Multiplay server for the WAR Marathon Night tonight.

Comment

Liking this map a lot, it's good idea to get rid of the Levi. That lets us focus on playing the map as a whole, not just battling for control of the Mine Node/Levi. But I agree with post about the Redeemer, why remove it? It is a source of much hilarity and craziness.

Comment

Very nice map, i love the setup. I think this one is better than the original, the leviathan was just overpowered and terrain around that node was to open, so one vehicle could fully control it.

That the deemer is removed isn't bad. With the deemer it was to easy to shoot the prime down, without losing time for taking it. Makes it more fair in clanmatches?

But you could change the location of the deemer, maybe at one of the sniper places?

Comment

thanks. It was my personnel preference to remove the deemer. I think it slightly takes away the need to "work" to win when you have a 1 shot(can be remote too) node kill weapon.

I will fix the stairs collision and release a new version soon..

I'm also working on a new version of WAR-Islander which will have more nodes and be more balanced(vehicles on both sides) and play a bit more like ONS rather than assault/warfare..

Comment

new version will feature CaptainSnarfs HellBender Deluxe: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613868

Comment

Uh, rehost?

Comment

Working...
                              X