Cylon Centurion Character BSG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Any way you can make the original/old centurion aswell?
    I think it looks maybe even cooler.
    Downloading this now... and the link appears to be broken?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Link is down... Please update. I would really love to download and use this character!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Link to this Model does not working.(Server not found). Please check it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    omega-awesome, tell me when you gonna make final version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    I fail to see how my statements are biased when I am not only telling the truth but I actually bothered to cook it in the first place and test it out? I even told him it was his decision and if he still wanted it fine and yet this is what I get? See this is why I am so done with this community and why I just won't do anything for the PS3 portion of this community any more. It just isn't worth it when no matter what I do and how sound my logic is and its clear that I am NOT the one making the model work incorrectly on the PS3 someone will still accuse me of such childish and irrational behavior. So for any model authors who I offered to cook for or give links to models I have cooked I am sorry but I am out of the loop for good now.

Good luck dealing with PS3 folks that just cannot understand logic and put their own selfish desires ahead of the vision of the artist and what platform that modder thinks is best for his/her model. I mean think about it ... here you have someone who does not care that a robot especially a Cylon would never sound like a human nor bleed and gib flesh and bones and it would look shiny like metal not flat like cloth ... which it does (I know since I cooked it. ) and yet they just want it and he thinks these are "minor issues" .. not having FPV arms, or custom ANYTHING and having someone who makes models for a living download this (or is in some way professionally involved with the game development/publishing industry) and not understand the issue possibly dismiss the model as a good effort but really all wrong and somewhat noobish. Maybe the person could have influence to you getting a development gig or two or even a permanent industry job ... we all know ... especially artists, how important first impressions are. See I think about things like this because I once led a team of modders so I really understand a lot of the issues involved.
    Well I sort of agree and disagree with you I am a PS3 user and would very much like this character for PS3, but like you said if the artist isn't comfortable with it not being as good as the PC version I completely understand and would gladly wait. I would also like to say I wouldn't mind if it wasn't one hundred percent perfect on the PS3 I would just like to play with this awesome character so again like Anub said its all up to the artist.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still nothing. It's saying it's timing out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The link still works fine. Might have been down when you tried it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Download link is dead...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work, downloading.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    have you guys done it yet for the PS3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow convos full of teh smarty pantz, Hows the progress on this cylon?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 4TX4 View Post
    You mean there's some kind of hardcoded polycount limit for player models now? In UT2K4 there were a few custom models that were well above the recommended polycount, for example the DOAX Tina which had 15,000 (= more that twice UT3's default model polycount!) or so, yet they ran just fine on a fairly average rig. If UE 2.5 and single core PCs can easily handle 15K poly models, then surely UE 3 and today's dual and quad cores should have no problems at all with even 20-30K ones. Or am I missing something?
    no, no, no. the reason for keeping poly count low is that you don't need those extra 2000-3000 polygons anymore, due to normal maps. good normal maps, from a distance or even fairly close up give you the illusion the mesh could have something around 2 million polygons worth of detail, when the mesh is only around 6000-8000 polygons. so why add that extra overhead for detail that won't matter?

so, keeping the polygon count low also means a wider audience as well (people with low-end pc's that wouldnt be able to handle 15k polygons will be able to use the new char, no problems) .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cylonkiller View Post
    High poly modeling is not possible because there are poly limits in unreal, all the detail is done by normal mapping.
    You mean there's some kind of hardcoded polycount limit for player models now? In UT2K4 there were a few custom models that were well above the recommended polycount, for example the DOAX Tina which had 15,000 (= more that twice UT3's default model polycount!) or so, yet they ran just fine on a fairly average rig. If UE 2.5 and single core PCs can easily handle 15K poly models, then surely UE 3 and today's dual and quad cores should have no problems at all with even 20-30K ones. Or am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome model, looking great so far!

Only minor suggestions... As mentioned previously, the spine comes out of the hips when ragdolling. As for the reflection texture: you seem to have one applied, but I think the model ends up looking like white plastic 'cause the reflection map has too much white/light in it. Try something with a good mix of light & dark regions in it, and it might come out looking more like metal...

(perhaps something like these....)
    http://www.findrenewal.com/images/tod/tod_420_sm.jpg
    http://www.rangerpowersports.com/tec...eral/foil3.jpg

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i mentioned a few pages back (but was misunderstood ).

to get what i would call "the best" normal maps with the most control over what the final outcome resembles, create a hi-poly version of the mesh (best idea would be to use a high-poly modelling package such as Zbrush or Mudbox) then generate a normal map from the high poly for use on the low poly model.

if you don't have either of the apps, and would like this to be done, i'd be happy to do it for you . if you do, feel free to PM me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X