• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylon Centurion Character BSG!

Name:Cylon Centurion
    Version:1.0
    Compatibility:PC
    Description:Battlestar Galactica the new series Centurion
    Comments:I am still working to improve the textures even more. Has first person arms and custom family. Centurion located under the Liandri Faction.
    Screenshot:
    Credits:Thanks for the help with the tuts from Caminik, Geodav, and EvilEngine. Thanks to Busyman and all that helped on the forums.
    Homepage:
    Download:http://www.skinshack.dyndns.org:83/d...x?download=180

Very nice. Do you think you will have a PS3 version ... do you even want this to be cooked for the PS3? Just curious. Big thumbs up for releasing it with the FPV arms already working, that should be standard for all PC models. Hopefully at some point the PS3 version will have support for custom families. Thanks again.

Comment

Very cool. A great addition to UT3. Thanks for the contribution.

Comment

Wow looks awesome gonna try it...

Comment

that so freaking awesome, please say there is going to be a ps3 cook.

Comment

looking awesome! must... d/l...

Comment

Looks even better in-game,... Well done, indeed!

My only suggestion would be, as you have already stated, improve the textures to include more detail. The following link is to a great reference shot for the Centurion's textures: http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/5/53/Centz.jpg

Thanks again, and good luck on finishing this one up, as well as your work on future projects.

Comment

Amazing work Cylonkiller!

Comment

I have no idea how to cook anything for PS3, or what that would entail. I am happy to provide this for PS3 cooking, if there is a "Cook" who knows how!

Oh, and I agree on the texture improvement, I am working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cylonkiller View Post
                    I have no idea how to cook anything for PS3, or what that would entail. I am happy to provide this for PS3 cooking, if there is a "Cook" who knows how!

Oh, and I agree on the texture improvement, I am working on it.
                    Well I will send you a link later on ... it does cook with no errors and it shows up ... I just need to test it and then sometime later in the week I will have it for you (I also owe another dev a PS3 version of their mod ... I am just really pressed for time these days but both should be done and to the respective authors no later then Wednesday). It looks good now but with the proper texturing this is going to be one kick azz model.

Comment

yay another new model !

I love TV show and character too !
                      screenshot is my feedback

Comment

After spending some time testing this on the PS3 I think you should wait for the final version or the next beta where his body looks more metallic like in the series. ATM he just looks like a character wearing a white body suit or something than a robot. Its a good looking character though but yeah I do think that PS3 gamers will appreciate it more when he shines like the Cylons are supposed to. Its your call though.

Also I have to do some more testing but this model will probably only work correctly if it is part of one of the human families and not the Liandri family ... If you use the Liandri family I believe the model will not look correct but I need to test this. Only problem is that if you can't use Liandri then it really will lose its authenticity on the PS3 since when you shoot him and he gibs he will gib flesh, bone, and blood and will speak/scream with a Human voice.

So yet another thing to keep in mind when you make robots for the PS3 version of UT3. This is the issue that EE had with his Axon and Xan models on the PS3, and why I don't believe a PS3 terminator was ever attempted (though I tried it and using the Liandri faction the model's arms and head are lower than they should be resulting in the model looking fubared and in game (action) it looks really bad ... I haven't tried it using either the TWIM or IRNM family properties).

Edit: Yeah I hate to say but I really think you are going to have to scrap this particular model for the PS3 at least until Epic has a patch that fixes the custom family code support issue. Without that this model will never look like the PC version let alone act like it in almost any respect. Besides the issues I mentioned above which I just confirmed with a recook of the terminator model as a member of a human family and the cylon model as a member of the Liandri family.

The T-800 now looks correct in the screen selection area but suffers from gibbing like a human and sounding like a human and looking like **** since the shader materials are linked to the family code (the script file) and without this being compiled it looks bad and with the shader materials being compiled due to the PS3 not knowing being capable of handling custom family code it looks downright horrible.

And the cylon has the same exact issues since you also use a script file which contains all the stuff that is specific for that "family" of character models. So it is definitely your call but it seems to be a huge misrepresentation of what you intended this model to be ... I would wait for the patch but I know how non sympathetic many PS3 users are to this problem for artists so again let me know what you want to do.

Comment

Wow thats a great model...and being a fan of BSG you created the likeness very well...good job!

Edit-I gotta go back to the PS3 patch 2 wishlist and post this info for Epic,its horrible not being able to use PC quality content models.

Comment

Yes, we all know the ps3 has its faults, problems etc... but 90 percent of maps, mods, mutators, characters work flawlessly and fine.

The author has stated he wants a ps3 version of his character, but yet Anuban's statements are biased towards avoiding ps3, why is this? and why do I also notice this in other threads too?

The very vast majority of users are ps3 users, so by not possibly doing a ps3 version very much restricts enjoyment of the authors work, the only real question to ask the author, is that by doing a ps3 version it may be flawless, it may have very minor issues, thats all.

Which all the ps3 users do not mind in the slightest and are very greatfull for such a wonderfull character, and very much appreciative for the work of the author.

As for a similar comparison to this situation, all platforms (consoles / pcs) have restrictions, but does this stop anyone including game houses such as epic to not release on varying platforms, each with their own individual faults / problems? No it doesn't stop mappers / modders / gamehouses, because the issues are very minor only to none at all.

Please release for the ps3, thanks.

Comment

Wow really great work, I hope you'll keep on perfecting it (high-res textures, char-select pic, maybe custom sounds)
                              Btw why are my teammates are IronGuard instead of Liandri robots?

Comment

Working...
                              X