• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-NeoSmithCourtYard_PS3_beta

Name: DM-NeoSmithCourtYard_PS3_beta
    Version: 1.2ps3_beta
    Compatibility: PC/PS3
    Description: This map is based on the Courtyard fight scene between Neo and the dozens of cloned Agent Smith's in the Matrix Reloaded movie and the Mobil Avenue Train Station scene in the Matrix Revolutions movie.
    Comments: Just converted this map to the PS3 platform. I finally got all of the PS3 conversion and UFE problems fixed, but am unable to test because I do not own a PS3.

I would appreciate any feedback as to the downloading, installing, and playing of this map. Thank you.

I understand that because of possible Sony copyright infringements, that I may not use any Custom Sounds or Music embedded into my map. Therefore I have removed the 2 custom "City" sounds and the custom music track from the map. They have been replaced with UT3 "City" sounds and the UT3 music track "Skyward."

The PC version of DM-NeoSmithCourtYard v1.2 still contains the original sounds and music.
    Screenshots:

Credits: To my good friend Badtrip who helped immensely with testing the PC version.

Download: DM-NeoSmithCourtYard_PS3_beta

I have been wanting to compliment on maps for some time now.
    I think so many of them are great. Fantastic .
    aim sure even the ones that are not on PS3 are also.
    Simply beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by derrickwestman View Post
      I have been wanting to compliment on maps for some time now.
      I think so many of them are great. Fantastic .
      aim sure even the ones that are not on PS3 are also.
      Simply beautiful.
      Thank you for the kind words, derrick.

I see that you are a new member of the Epic Games Forums. Cruise around and get to know the place. Welcome!

Comment

I like it! Initial indications are good, but was having far too much fun to be objective, sorry Seriously, have only given it the once-through so far & it was excellent - no slow-down, no glitches spotted - it's laid out nicely & the centre section is nicely evocative of the Neo/Smith showdown, so kudos for capturing that I especially like the teleport to the train station, another excellent nod to the film I fully intend to keep playing on the map, so if I find any problems or anything further to remark, I'll post back. Based on the initial playthrough though, excellent work, and thanks for cooking it for the PS3

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
          I like it! Initial indications are good, but was having far too much fun to be objective, sorry Seriously, have only given it the once-through so far & it was excellent - no slow-down, no glitches spotted - it's laid out nicely & the centre section is nicely evocative of the Neo/Smith showdown, so kudos for capturing that I especially like the teleport to the train station, another excellent nod to the film I fully intend to keep playing on the map, so if I find any problems or anything further to remark, I'll post back. Based on the initial playthrough though, excellent work, and thanks for cooking it for the PS3
          I really, really, appreciate it. Now I can stop sweating bullets. Thanks.

Comment

the whole code thing looked awesome. do you plan on making a map with nothing but the code?

Comment

Originally posted by silkman1103 View Post
              the whole code thing looked awesome. do you plan on making a map with nothing but the code?

You know, you could walk into a room or hallway or something and trigger the code to "turn on" on every surface. That would be real cool.

No, I am not planning anything else on the Matrix. That's not to say that I won't revisit it sometime. Shhhhh! Heres a secret. I have an identical map as this one except that there are access ways to the train station from each end of the spawn areas. No teleporter. But, it is in a state of disarray and was never my original intention. I may or may not ever revise the original to this one.

I am working on a vCTF map with Clan [SILenTLY] of Unreal World that is going to take me all summer. I'm still revising the blueprint right now.

Hey. If you get the chance go over to Unreal World and register. I believe you would still keep your current name. It is brand new. The English brother of its French site. So the English used there is a little off. They are working on it though. Whether you are an experienced or unexperienced player I think there will be some neat things there in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Comment

i have played it on the ps3 and what i have got the say about it... pure unreal chaotic frag fest of a first class this is pure awesome ness i noticed only one think that the bots arent goeing in the portal but i have only played it once so maybe that the bots just were afraid of the portal or something but other then that this is just way to cool to play if i just got the smith model and could place it 16 times i could remake the scene unreal tournament style

oh and the fps is just smooth so just to let you know

Comment

Originally posted by cyberus View Post
                  i have played it on the ps3 and what i have got the say about it... pure unreal chaotic frag fest of a first class this is pure awesome ness i noticed only one think that the bots arent goeing in the portal but i have only played it once so maybe that the bots just were afraid of the portal or something but other then that this is just way to cool to play if i just got the smith model and could place it 16 times i could remake the scene unreal tournament style

oh and the fps is just smooth so just to let you know
                  Thank you very much. The bots won't usually go through the portal unless the uDamage or SuperHealth have spawned. They may also avoid the portal if the game is set on lower skill levels.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

and now they are all running in to the teleporter now so you are right.

i played this map quite a few times and loved when i readed agent smith was here i laughed and that kind of things but there were more agent smith if i remember correctly

also dont play this with the redeemer arena mutator i am almost blind thanks to that but that is my own fault

maybe just a stair or some thing so that you can go upward to the higher floors there is another possibillity getting shot to it with low grav on

but all in all like my previous comment i like this map

Comment

Originally posted by cyberus View Post
                      and now they are all running in to the teleporter now so you are right....maybe just a stair or some thing so that you can go upward to the higher floors there is another possibillity getting shot to it with low grav on...
                      I'm really glad you like it. You have to keep an eye on the uDamage or the Bots will get it every time...but then they usually step in front of th.............Whoa! What was that...It's your good old friendly power outage. My power has been off for about 7 hours. That sucks. Anyway, as I was saying...oh yea...the Bots being hit by the train. lol. Bots are not really smart.

I actually had the map where you could get to another level higher but it just didn't feel right. The angle was all too wrong. The courtyard was real small. I did not want someone camping on spawn kills. And I really only intended it to be a 1 on 1 map but added the spawn areas on the ends to keep from being killed instantly.

Thanks again for your comments. I mean it when I say that I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X