• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Acquisition [Beta]

Name: DM-Acquisition
    Version: Beta
    Compatibility: UT3 v1.2

Description: This is the beta version of DM-Acquisition, test the **** out of it.

Comments: There are a few (lack of) collision issues, but nothing that will harm gameplay at the moment. If anyone can find any real problems with collision, sticky areas, whatever, let me know. There are no sounds in the map, will get to that next. Bots still don't use the lifts correctly, I totally overlooked that, but otherwise they should be fine. Menu integration will obviously come later when its final. Any feedback welcome as usual, thanks.

Screenshots:

[SHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/acshot1.jpg[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/acshot2.jpg[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/acshot3.jpg[/SHOT]

Credits: Everyone at BuF, everyone at Epic's forums, everyone at Unrealnorth and anyone else who gave feedback on the alpha versions. Everyone at #UnrealEd on Quakenet for... stuff...

Homepage: www.slainchild.com

Download from Filefront: DM-Acquisition_beta.zip (33.89mb)

First way...Downloading Now!!!

Comment

Awesome man, I love your lighting. The map look outstanding I really like the design I saw from the images - dling it.

Comment

This is the official first comment. Good job sc, and now the official PS3 comment. Please cook for PS3 please.

Comment

Originally posted by crucial View Post
          This is the official first comment. Good job sc, and now the official PS3 comment. Please cook for PS3 please.
          I'll do that at work early next week, where I actually have access to a PS3 to test it.

Comment

bump for lazy people who only check the first page

Comment

This is a very well done level, definitely near retail level quality so far ... one thing though, you are going to have to replace some of the materials you used for this level if you are going to have a good PS3 version. It won't cook correctly properly for the PS3 as is so a PS3 version is going to take some real additional work. And it won't be the exact same ... especially if you add in any custom sounds as well.

The materials that didn't compile are NoBumpyCrap, Nolightpipe, rosetintedglasses, WALLorsomething ... the game then looks to use the default materials and that is what causes the cook to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                The materials that didn't compile are NoBumpyCrap, Nolightpipe, rosetintedglasses, WALLorsomething ... the game then looks to use the default materials and that is what causes the cook to fail.
                So maybe setting a fallback material will work for those? Don't think I did that...

Thanks

Comment

Good!!!

qoq, one of the best maps i've seen until now, the thextures, the mood and almost every graphical aspect is excelent, plus an extremly frantic and fluid gameplay!

keep the good work

Comment

It's a slainchild map, you can't expect any less from this guy. He's gotten so used to the editor he can basically make a map on his own and have people like it without any feedback. By the way, great job!

Comment

I love those Color

nice map
                      thank you !

Comment

This is my new favourite DM map. Really outstanding work.

I didn't encounter any problems at all during the matches I played, although it seemed like there should be some reward for getting in the vents shown in the top screenshot - some health vials, maybe? I hope you'll make the nearby fans spin at some point, too. Some movement would be a nice finishing touch for a beautiful looking map.

Comment

excellent meshwork and lighting here.
                          I recognize the assets but its like I'm looking at something totally new.

Comment

Incredible and one of the best DM maps. Maybe a bit "overmeshed" for my eyes, but I simply love this layout, colours, everything!
                            Thank you Slainchild for this map!

Comment

groovy... checking it out now...

One bug:

Other than that, I really like the feel and look of the level. Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                              X