DM-Virtuanreal Beta Release 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Maybe I'm blind so correct me if I'm wrong but, no PS3 cook yet, right?? I'm going through TRON withdrawals. Please...........help........I'm dying.........

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks funny, gotta download this right now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I saw that map months ago and I thought that it was just ended

It still very promising but I can't play it ATM due to HDD problem but I'll give it a try when time come

What is coming to my mind is : originality & creativity

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just played. Here are my thoughts.

Firstly, this is a beautiful map and a wonderful tribute to the style of TRON. It could play a little faster, but that's probably because I should have added more bots.

Secondly, I have some suggestions.
    1. The killzone should be WAY higher up. I fall for about 30 seconds every time.
    2. Where is the linkgun? There's link ammo, but no gun as far as I can tell.
    3. Putting the bio rifle and the rocket launcher so close might be worth another look, as their relative powers are so weak that the bio rifle is virtually never used on this map. A sniper rifle might be in order, as that is a high place with a direct shot at the rocket launcher, one of the most contested weapons.
    4. A UDamage or Berserk in the shockrifle place?

Also, I have a couple of questions:

How did you kill the jump-pad mesh and add your own? I'm making a map, also in a TRON-like style, and the weapon pickups and jump pads are going to kill the styling.

Is there a trick to getting the white outlines easily, or did you do them all by hand?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ghozt, sent you a pm. Map looks great, I was kind of hoping you would show up and finish/release it. Really cool!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cant wait for a ps3 cook great looking map reminds me of playing WipEout

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol cool a donwload of the map[ thanxs great that you sti;;; work at this map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh wow, though this was one of those tragicaly abandoned projects. Fantastic that you've returned and released the map. *Downloading

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *cough*release-bump*cough*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
    Have you guys ever stopped to think that he might be busy with real life stuff?
    what he say SO STOP BUMPING THE TREAT lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow thaT IS ONE HECK OF A MAP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you guys ever stopped to think that he might be busy with real life stuff?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks very pretty... I was working on a Tron map... Several actually, because it pretty much means that I can get away with making maps without being able to model or texture too well. It's crazy fun. We really do need Tron models. I've been thinking about teaching myself a bit of modelling, it'd make a neat project if I ever get around to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I guess (reading from this authors own comments) that some mappers have moved onto more fertile scenes, or other commitments have got in the way and the project is permanently shelved.. Its a tragedy with a project as special as this tho. With other maps, what has been completed could perhaps be released to the community, but with this map, I don't know if anyone but the origonal author could complete it anywhere near the way it was origonaly intended..
    Its a real shame..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X