X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this still in production?

i love remakes!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I hope so. And I hope it's still a remake, without any layout changes and that the author makes a second map if he wants to do that. Of course, we may just have to be happy with whatever we get/got

Comment

I find the Asian theme not so cool. We already have Shrangi-La (or whatever) and Rising Sun with that theme. So here's so ideas of how to make your map cool:

- Asian theme off. More like a ruin, full of cracks, some holes on the walls.
        - The ground above (if you fall there you die) should be more distant and with a fog covering it all.
        - The fences don't combine. They should be made of (virtual) rock and with some holes and stuff.
        - No flags and no snow and a dead tree instead of the one on the yard. Also, that tree is planted on the air.
        - When we reach the Minigun, if we turn left we have a path made of rock. That could actually lead somewhere.
        - Nepal and the Nipi(on the description) aren't so cool. It should be more like Na-Pali (like the original).

Please consider changing your map. If you personally like this one, you could finish it and call it 'AsianPeak' and then make another one with the stuff I mentioned.

Still, this map looks awesome. I love the top level with that bell and the flames. Congrats.

Comment

1. - Looks pretty good

2. - DM-Peak in Asian theme? No! It isn't good idea. All classic feeling will disapear. Good Classic map need custom stuff. Unfortunatly more than 90% mappers don't know how to do it :/

Comment

Originally posted by HugoMarques View Post
            I find the Asian theme not so cool.
            Originally posted by Fartuess
            DM-Peak in Asian theme? No! It isn't good idea
            The description of DM-Peak from UT99:

"Originally built by the Nipi monks on Nepal to escape moral degradation, this serene and beautiful place once called for meditation; until Liandri acquired it for perfect tournament conditions."

Nepal is in Asia, right south of Tibet. Asian theme is not such a terrible idea for Peak kthx

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
              The description of DM-Peak from UT99:

"Originally built by the Nipi monks on Nepal to escape moral degradation, this serene and beautiful place once called for meditation; until Liandri acquired it for perfect tournament conditions."

Nepal is in Asia, right south of Tibet. Asian theme is not such a terrible idea for Peak kthx
              Really? "Nipi monks on Nepal"? Not "Nali monks on Na-Pali"? Well, in that case, so sorry. If it's really Nipi monks on Nepal and only if, then the Asian theme should actually stay. At least, its not like much of other remakes I see on this forum, I don't know why people work so hard, if you get the same result as playing the map they remake by playing the old UT that has that map. At least for me, remakes are actually "old things updated", so we have to give some credit for Syphix for his work.

Still love the fire and bell on top of the map. Not so sure about the fences. Also, more detail, some cracks and holes on the walls and some extra details and packages and stuff would make this map a must for everyone. . Consider changing, Syphix. Keep up the good work. Let me know if you liked my ideas. Thanks.

Comment

In reading the laments of some guys here, I just want say something :

first point,
                take a look to his description:
                "Based upon Peak from the original UT game."
                It's not a mentionned it's an identical remake of this UT map.

Second point,
                This section is not called "the map I want a guy make for me"

It's a beta section, it's basically make for an author can know if there are some mistakes on his map, if the layout can be improve, fix bot pathing, obtain some suggestions about minor visual change... but NOT for ask to him to totally change its visual/theme choice !!
                Do you have any idea to the involvements and works it's requiert at this stage on this map?!

For those who not agree with the theme choosed, you can alway make your own version if you can... There is the place to several and differents versions on this comunity so please respect the authors choices...

Good job so far Syphix

Comment

Any updates in this?

Comment

Somebody plz give me a working link.I lost this map after reinstalling UT3.

Comment

cool, I may pop in hear with a few comments soon as well. I know it's an alpha but whatever.

Comment

very good for an alpha

needs author name in preview shot, interesting Asian theme (I think it works fine in this map) with monastery on snowy mountain, nices decos, snow, wind sounds and slight Asian music; nice layout with some different paths and a few changes to classic Peak layout; don’t change the map closer to original Peak as it’s fine just like it is with some slight tweaks here and there. Actually, this is one of the best alphas I’ve ever played. Bot pathing could be improved a bit, but still the bots play a fairly tough match.

Comment

Great remake for an Alpha.

I like this UT3 version in winter season with different style, I believe that this is a remake from the classic UT99 map (non-winter) that I would, and it has some interesting Asian theme and music, layout, snowy mountain, lots of snow, blue/red fog zone, and loud windy sounds. Great putting the fountain, torch and bell at the top of the monastery in this version. Bots are great as this map has a great classic gameplay, I bet this is an Alpha release though. Some materials, weapon/item placement and other things in this map are slightly different from the original UT99 by XceptOne and custom UT2004 by Teddie.

Updated and added new DL links from post #40:

Comment

Working...
                          X