• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Peak [Alpha] [Pics] [Download]

Name: Peak Monastery
    Version: 1.1
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: Based upon Peak from the original UT game.
    Comments: Is my first map for UT3 so go easy I have been playing it a while now and have tried to iron out as many kinks as I can. AI may have a few issues but the majority have been sorted out. It seems a little empty at the moment so in later version I may add more static meshes.
    Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6797/peak1on8.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6766/peak2am1.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8141/peak3or9.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/166/peak4ez9.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits: Syphix, Epic Games for the resources and tutorials, and Juan Pancho 'XceptOne' Eekels for the original map
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Peakrar/;10045904;/f

Download, enjoy and comment.

EDIT: Package issue should be sorted now - new download link in place

This looks really good First map you say? certainly beats mine. Definately need to add those staticmeshes though. Anyway good work.

Comment

It has quite a few static meshes but it certaining isn't as busy as the maps that come with the game. One of the drawbacks that I noticed with the Tibetan theme is there isn't a lot of static meshes for it. After working on my second map though I have been given a new spur of life to go back to this one and add more and make it look fuller.

Comment

I like the map,reminds me of a 2k4 map that I can't remember the name,peak wasn't it though.Plays great on ia,but when I loaded on server it tries to pull this file from server instead of redirect and then the error.

Comment

Ok I think I know why that has happened. Accidently I saved a shipped package and it caused me a whole load of problems - I have managed to isolate and delete the copied package. Ill go back to that map in a bit and change the material references and see whether that fixes the problems, then Ill recook and reupload

Comment

Cool,will upload to server as soon as you get done.

Comment

New download link in place - the package issue should be sorted.

Comment

All fixed,runs great on server.Thanks for the quick fix.GJ man.

Comment

This level is a classic. Still not sure how I feel about the Asian theme this time around(like the egyptian theme in ut03-04), but its starting to look phenomenal. If you find the time, dont just limit yourself to stock assets.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
                    This level is a classic. Still not sure how I feel about the Asian theme this time around(like the egyptian theme in ut03-04), but its starting to look phenomenal. If you find the time, dont just limit yourself to stock assets.
                    Well in theory for the location it was initially set in this is the most ideal theme for it. It was only the lack of meshes in the original that limitted most maps to being themeless but the original description does say its based within the tibetan mountains

Comment

Oooh yeah!
                      Finally! My favourite map from UT 99!
                      Great job man!
                      Looking forward to the beta and final release!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Syphix View Post
                        Well in theory for the location it was initially set in this is the most ideal theme for it. It was only the lack of meshes in the original that limitted most maps to being themeless but the original description does say its based within the tibetan mountains
                        Actually you have a good point. I just played through your beta the othe rday, looking pretty good. THe theme doesnt feel forced like alot of the asianesque maps out there. Aside from a few missing audio cues which Im sure will be taken care of(fountain,lifts,etc) the only thing that I found that needed some tweaking was the snow. While at a distance the effect looks great, up close the sheets become apparent though.

In any case, I cant wait for the final release. Looks like this version will not disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
                          Actually you have a good point. I just played through your beta the othe rday, looking pretty good. THe theme doesnt feel forced like alot of the asianesque maps out there. Aside from a few missing audio cues which Im sure will be taken care of(fountain,lifts,etc) the only thing that I found that needed some tweaking was the snow. While at a distance the effect looks great, up close the sheets become apparent though.

In any case, I cant wait for the final release. Looks like this version will not disappoint.
                          Unfortunately the snow needs to be that way - my first attempt was with emitters but that is just too performance heavy. You will notice that in many of the rain maps that epic have made they use sheet rain rather than emitters. I thought I had done the audio cues for everything - if it is not working for you I don't know why? :S

Comment

Thanks for updating this for UT3! This has been one of my fav UT maps in the past.

I tried it out and it seems to play pretty well. My only request is to open the inner hallways a bit, it does seem a bit cramped there. I realize that it may not be the easiest thing to do though.

Comment

This is brilliant. The aesthetic is perfect, especially so since this was how it was meant to be originally.

The one issue I have is that knocking someone off into the void doesn't give me credit for a kill like I get on other maps. I didn't think that was something that had to be added (or not removed) specifically but it works on all the remakes of longest yard and morpheus I've played. Anyone know how that works?

Comment

Working...
                              X