• Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Concave[pics][wip][updated 22/04]

Name: VCTF-Concave
    Version: Early build
    Compatibility: None yet
    Description: Too be decided
    Comments: A map that I have been working on now for some time. Decided to finaly release some pics to the public I suppose. I hope to have playable version out soon for all those VCTF fans out there Random funny fact: I actually dreamt that I made this level, so thats how it came to life
    All feedback is welcome

Screenshot:

Credits: Me, Hourences, Slainchild, Cascade, all the guys at #unrealed, RalfZer0 and my girlfriend(I had to mention her or else she will beat me! :P)
    Homepage: None
    Download: None

Update 22/04:

Here is a small update for you guys! I'm sorry for not updating earlier, I'm a busy student and working at the same time so things get kind of busy sometimes

Anyway, the map is coming along good imo. I updated the sunlight so now there is a lot better lightning with some nice shadows. I removed some of the rocks at the coast to let more light pass and tweaked it to fit with the light. I updated the cave light as well (as can be seen in the pics) so there is this smoother light there as well. Tweaked the terrain and stuff like that, added sound etc, basicly, a whole lot of small stuff done

I have begun adding bot paths and its functional atm and its kind of neat seeing the bots running around capturing the flag etc

Well I hope you like it guys!

Regards
    RenderMonkey

wtf map looks great can wait for the final great map

Comment

Visuals are jaw-dropping. Can't wait to play it.

Comment

awww how nice u mentioned ur girlfriend
        (she still gna beat ur ***)

Comment

Originally posted by Metatronstar View Post
          awww how nice u mentioned ur girlfriend
          (she still gna beat ur ***)
          Haha, man thats so true

Gotta say that I didn't expect so fast replies
          I hope to have some more stuff to show soon

Comment

Looks good, two things, in the 3rd pic it seems like you have a floating waterfall, could just be the pic though.

Looking at the red base, i think its _too_ red, maybe make it more natural but with a slight red tint.

Other than that looking great.

Comment

Looking good.

Drop the bloom quite a bit. Makes the vistas look great, but it'll white-out all the pickups when you add Pickup Lights.

Best bet to keep the blooming skydome, is alter the material adding a multiply with a 3 vector constant, something high like 3, 3, 3. With the bloom lower on the post-processing volume, you'll still get the high bloom on the skydome, but the actual play area will look better.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainsawFilms View Post
                Looking good.

Drop the bloom quite a bit. Makes the vistas look great, but it'll white-out all the pickups when you add Pickup Lights.

Best bet to keep the blooming skydome, is alter the material adding a multiply with a 3 vector constant, something high like 3, 3, 3. With the bloom lower on the post-processing volume, you'll still get the high bloom on the skydome, but the actual play area will look better.
                Yea I know. Regarding the bloom I agree that its too much, I haven't really tweaked it. Regarding the base colors, we shall see. I played around a lot with the red, all from a soft orange to well, something else But I don't know I seemed to like the current one, but thats just me

Comment

Hey I gots Kudos , seriously dude, AMAZING it's been a while since i downloaded a map, this surley be added to my collection... so, hurry up your lazy *** and give us a link or I'll tell you G/F do beat you anyways

Comment

wow! u just keep dreaming up maps like this and i'll download every map u build lol .

Comment

I reduced the bloom quite a bit today

Comment

Good man I like bloom, I really do, but when it interferes with the play area I feel it needs to be turned down. I often find once I've reduced it once, I look back a few days later and reduce it some more

Post more screen shots man!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChainsawFilms View Post
                          Good man I like bloom, I really do, but when it interferes with the play area I feel it needs to be turned down. I often find once I've reduced it once, I look back a few days later and reduce it some more

Post more screen shots man!!
                          I will man. The bloom part was somewhat of a misstake, I had reducded it before but then I made some changes that ended up bad and I went back to the backup and forgot about bloom

Comment

hou have to hurry yourself.we wanna play on this

Comment

Map is looking good, nice job so far

Comment

Working...
                              X