Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Hyraxis [RC2][DL/Video](Soon to be released)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6 feedback

It's coming better

I like the new window between the flak celling and the bio floor. I think that you can do the same on the other building to replace the "blue bubble" floor. The "blue bubble" floor is good looking but you can't see players throught them so when I fire, I fire blindly. What I noticed :

Passing throught the wall :

About the jumpads, where you're in the buildings, can you add something that says to the player that the jumpad in front of him is to go OR coming from another floor ? I'm starting to be a little bit familiar whit the layout but still, I think that it could have a sign or anything that suit telling the player that you can or can't use the jumpads to go on another level below or above :

Bots are getting stuck near the jumpad on the upper floor where you have the lift that you activate with the hand.

THX

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too, I'm going to remove a few things and add a few arrows to direct you around the map, because players probably won't know what's going on with the jump-pads until they understand the map better, I won't do another release until that's done.

Edit: Now there are arrows to guide the players through the level, and I've found that even if it's a little darker, you can easily find your way to the weapons. I've added a lot of ambient sounds and removed a few lights to give it more contrast in the external areas as well. One major thing that I changed is now the lift is automatic, so that players just step on it and it goes. Doing that, however, forced me to move the lift further back so it ends up where the receiving end of the red tower's teleports were.

Comment

Hyraxis Beta 1.7 is here! So check it out and enjoy the changes.

Comment

Yippie, 1.7 already available Great Downloading now...

Comment

B1.7

Hey

I did give a quick play. All that I can say is that it's all better.

The only thing that I did found a little bit disappointing is that the map is so dark now that you lost some visuals details. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing.

There are some places that I got stuck, I have to jump to go forward. Here they are (the tird is principaly for the bots) :

Here, the small corridor to go to the jumpad is so dark that you don't see a thing. I fall a few times there. Please add a light and a arrow that shows that it goes up :

- I love the way you disposed the automated lift. It's better than before.
            - The blue shield is looking better and is more useful because at last I can see through !

I did not pay a lot of attention to ambient sounds and music because I focus more on visuals, flow & gameplay. In all, I really enjoy playing

Keep it up

Comment

RC1 Status, FEEDBACK DEMANDED!!!

Anyways, I felt that I was putting too much of my time into not uber-polishing the map like it should be, these next few days I will go into overdrive pushing for the final release, because I want this map in the final releases section soon.

Things changed from 1.7: Some lighting surfaces, lighting, new static meshes, lots of kismet changes dealing with trains, and post process volumes.

Comment

There is a thing that I always forgot to ask...

When you look at the teleporters (chrome-white stuff moving in pic 1 & 4), do you intend to leave it like that in the final version or it is just temporary ?

IMO, if we could see the destination when looking at it, the better.

Looking forward RC1

Comment

Well, I am going to figure out those teleports before it's final. Those are just placeholders for now. So they are just temporary until I can fix them as a custom mesh.

Comment

Rc1

Originally posted by xViperAKx View Post
                    Well, I am going to figure out those teleports before it's final. Those are just placeholders for now. So they are just temporary until I can fix them as a custom mesh.
                    Good to know that they will look much better.

I did notice some things :

1- Bots don't go for the udamage ? Maybe it's on purpose ? Anyway, I notice that some time when I go out from udamage room by the jumpad in front of the udamage that I don't get that "boost" throwing me in the building in front ? I just fall below ?

2- The "shaking effect" (just before the trains appears) is cool but it is a little bit to much. I mean, it make me feel like dancing the twist ! Seriously, it get annoying when your aiming at the opponent and you start shaking just before hitting the trigger.

3- One of the plateform with the jumpad in the center (already mention in a previous post) miss the ramp.

4- This time I did take more time to listen to ambient sounds. The only one that need a little adjustment is the ventilator that you put in the elevators. I mean the sound is really fast turning ventilator but looking at the ventilator, it turn very slowly.

Final teleporters touch + a preview screen + a good music track + a complete readme and this baby is IMHO final

The final is a keeper for me

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post

Good to know that they will look much better.

I did notice some things :

1- Bots don't go for the udamage ? Maybe it's on purpose ? Anyway, I notice that some time when I go out from udamage room by the jumpad in front of the udamage that I don't get that "boost" throwing me in the building in front ? I just fall below ?

2- The "shaking effect" (just before the trains appears) is cool but it is a little bit to much. I mean, it make me feel like dancing the twist ! Seriously, it get annoying when your aiming at the opponent and you start shaking just before hitting the trigger.

3- One of the plateform with the jumpad in the center (already mention in a previous post) miss the ramp.

4- This time I did take more time to listen to ambient sounds. The only one that need a little adjustment is the ventilator that you put in the elevators. I mean the sound is really fast turning ventilator but looking at the ventilator, it turn very slowly.

Final teleporters touch + a preview screen + a good music track + a complete readme and this baby is IMHO final

The final is a keeper for me
                      1. The bots are incapable of using the lift to go up the jump, for some reason. I think I need to do a little more research on doing professional lifts so that the bots use them frequently and correctly.

2. The shaking effect has been drastically reduced in intensity, so it's now only minor shaking only really noticeable by standing still.

3. I didn't find which platform you're talking about, sorry.

4. I fixed those ambient sounds and added a form of ambient lighting, to basically give visibility to the map.

Once again, thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by xViperAKx View Post
                        1. The bots are incapable of using the lift to go up the jump, for some reason. I think I need to do a little more research on doing professional lifts so that the bots use them frequently and correctly.
                        Well it's not a bad thing either. With humans, it's not a problem.

3. I didn't find which platform you're talking about, sorry.
                        Check on page 5, pic # 3.

Is all the places I get stuck are now fix in RC2 ?

BTW, it's a pleasure to give comments to someone with open mind I wouldn't help it if my comments wouldn't be taking seriously

Comment

I found one spot, but it wasn't mentioned in your pics. For some reason it's a little dark to see where you're going in RC1, but now that you can see...

Oh, by the way, I said I'd fix the issues with the bots using the lifts. I can, and I will, in RC3.

Comment

I love the screen shake when a train goes by - it fits perfectly with the sound and is just subtle enough to not cause annoyance. It's a pity the trains are still barely visible, though.

I can only think of two major flaws to address before calling it final - one is the darkness, and the other is ambient sounds.

The lighting is okay in most places, but some areas are so dark that I simply cannot make out the layout. Like this:

What am I looking at here, exactly?

The excessive bloom makes this worse - I just see bright white lights against a black background, which is really distracting. I know the darkness is good for hiding the background areas you don't want to decorate, but at the very least you should make the playable parts of the map clearly visible on default brightness settings.

The other, more minor problem is just the weird volume/radius settings you seem to have on a lot of the ambient sounds. Some are kind of deafening, while others just seem to turn on and off as you walk past their source, rather than smoothly fading in as a realistic sound should.

Comment

I've play RC2 yesterday. I saw that the bots issues was still there. Reading your post today, for the bots issues, it's ok since you will fix that.

Still, I get stuck near the helmet depending on the angle I try to walk toward it. I saw a odd texture alignment just between the helmet plate and the other one beside, please check it out. You can olmost see it in my previous post.

In my previous post, I comment that the jumpad access was not clear and I was falling sometime. Now, I see it better but the jumpad is accessible only by double-jump and there is no arrow that shows up. Looking at the jumpad, I wouldn't try to use it since there is no arrow like the flack room but it is not the case and I can use it.

I agree with Setheran on ambient sound radius. You choose the right sound for the right mecanics but the fading radius need some polishing.

Comment

For this final release, I don't think I was capable of fixing the bots to use the lift jump, because they're just that stupid. I set it up like every other map, they just won't use it. I apologize for the inconvenience.

However, on a lighter note, I did polish and add some more sounds like requested beforehand, I also increased the brightness a few notches, so that it should be good for even basic settings, although I would expect people to still whine a little. They always do

Comment

Working...
                                X