Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Hyraxis [RC2][DL/Video](Soon to be released)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back and ready for another attack at Hyraxis -- for this week.

I will most definitely enter it in the MSUC phase 2. I didn't do it this time because it would have been rushed. So it's all good.

Comment

Great, looking fom the next release

Comment

I'm adding more routes around the map, vertical and horizontal. What I've recently added is the thigh pads where the vest was. The vest is now located behind the amp lift on a walkway. I've also added a complex sequence to the map that enables players to reach the top levels. I'm considering doing more to the amp side of the map, such as adding networks of pathways that give more options to the player for movement, not only downwards, but upwards. This next release is going to feel very different from what I can tell. Lighting is changing from mostly ambient to mostly sourced, slowly but surely.

Sorry about the enforcers, I don't think I'll be adding them. There's two snipers and two miniguns, both on opposite ends.

Comment

Ho, a lot of changes in the way ?

Mmm... the snipers and the miniguns suit more for hitscan, the enforcer for close combat... anyway, you're the boss

Happy to know that you still working on it because I was wondering if you're still continue the dev

Comment

Well, the first of a few updates is here now. check it out!

Comment

A1.5 feedback

Hi,

I had the time to try the last release and I notice that you apply a lot of changes, additions.

Brief,

The new vest, tights pads location are better.
              The decos in rooms are now better.
              The new lift (with the hands) is a nice addition.

Things that bothering me a bit :

1- The trains pass to much often. I did not count the number of seconds between there passing but, after a while, it get annoying. By example, ATM, is the timer is set to 20 seconds between passing, you could extended to 30 seconds. Maybe if you add a fast tech music track it will help to. ATM, my ears only hear the trains instead of ambience sounds and music.

2- You put a lot of computer screen all over the map. Still, even if it fits well, you can make them animated with the blue and/or red panel. ATM, they are all like "out of service".

3- The pic here is to show the light into the wall... and the coputer screens :

4- The pic here is to show some odd lighting ?

5- Since my first comments on beta 1.3x, there was something that bothering me about the rooms celling ? I mean that I'm in a facility, it's supposed to be very techy but the rooms misses something that bothering me. And now, I found what bothering me, a lot of rooms have "flat and clean" celling. I did not talk about that before but IMHO, it is something that should be address to make this map more plausible, beleivable and prettier. I suggest that you put some circular electric pipes or something alike on the rooms celling. There are to much maps with flat celling and it is something that we should't see in UT3 since the engine is capable of rendering much higher polygons.

Continue your good work.

Comment

I'm scheduling this thing for release on the fourteenth. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by xViperAKx View Post
                  I'm scheduling this thing for release on the fourteenth. Hope to see you there.
                  I check everyday and many time per day. I can't miss it I hope that wou will take my suggestions into account

Ciao

Comment

I do all the time, my friend. All the time. However, since I've got someone else to help me, I'm bumping the release date again because we're adding custom content to the mix. It's going to seriously kick *****, when you've got a bunch of custom trains running through the level.

Changes made so far since 1.5: Trims added to doorways, small issues fixed such as fused objects that didn't go along together, fixed lift issues and added sound to lifts, not to mention modifying minor things such as locations of ammunition, modified time for trains, although they remain dangerous. Changed music as well.

Changes Planned for next update: most exterior walls fixed, some lighting issues fixed (as mentioned), trains passing by visible through windows next to snipers, to give an outside/inside containment feel, cities in the distant background, behind the trains. wiring hanging down from ceilings in some locations, other decorative stuff too.

Thanks again for replying.

Comment

Wow, talk about a "to-do-list" !!!

Just a little thing that "worried" me is that putting to much stuff in the map could make the level look & feel to much crowded, squeezed...

Also, make the custom content as much detailed as the stock material so it will look good, like it match together. I say that because I saw maps with mixed custom/stock materials that make the map look crappy in the end.

Well, I'm curious to see what the next release will look like

Comment

Well, what we're planning for the final is the custom content. I'm going to cook this sucker now for PS3 so that people can enjoy Hyraxis from their home console.

Comment

Originally posted by xViperAKx View Post
                          Well, what we're planning for the final is the custom content. I'm going to cook this sucker now for PS3 so that people can enjoy Hyraxis from their home console.
                          Yes! Been looking forward to this since you first starting working on the map Thank you

Comment

Attention PS3 Owners: I've run into a problem, if I am to release this one for PS3, I'm going to have to change the teleport types. The mesh isn't allowing me to cook it properly so allow me some time before getting to that.

Comment

So far, so good, I've added a lot of little detail lights, not to mention detail meshes. There is now a window betwen the flak ceiling and the bio-rifle floor, I've added a small exterior section inaccessible to players, just for looks, and I've added a lot of sound objects too. I honestly feel that there should be more feedback based on gameplay and looks, but there are so few people who reply to this thread, it's really depressing that all people do is look and say: "Eh, not worth downloading", but this is most definitely worth your time. I haven't gotten too many high-res, high-detail screens because of the card I'm using, but it keeps the framerate in check, so long as I don't kill myself over the detail. I think the map needs a lot more contrast, so I tried messing with the shadows and midtones, but didn't like the results. I'm changing the lighting so that there's more contrast for interior areas, as well as exterior areas, next thing I plan on doing after this release is an exterior to the map, so that you can see trains passing by through windows.

But for now, enjoy 1.6

Comment

I honestly feel that there should be more feedback based on gameplay and looks, but there are so few people who reply to this thread, it's really depressing that all people do is look and say: "Eh, not worth downloading", but this is most definitely worth your time.
                                I understand you. Sadly, people don't take time to READ in the first place and there feedback is also slim. The reality is that people download but don't bother to give there toughts.

Still, I'm happy that at least, you take my comments seriously and your map is getting better with every release.

Comment

Working...
                                X