Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-TeamLifts [Beta][Pics][Updated 4-16-2008]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-TeamLifts [Beta][Pics][Updated 4-16-2008]

Name: TeamLifts

Version: 1.1

Compatibility: Latest Patch (1.2)

Description: A 3v3 CTF level, taking place in a run-down mining complex. After grabbing the opposing team's flag, you must call on the help of a teammate to send the lift back down to you by standing on the nearby pressure panel.

Comments: Please post your comments and any suggestions below. Thank you for helping me beta test the level!

Screenshots:

Credits: Jan Gonzalez, Level Design

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/108113397/TeamLifts.zip

Features that I might or might not include in the next release:
    - Adding a volume that will slow down players who are crossing the stream
    - Making the conveyor belts accelerate/decelerate the player
    - Adding crates, barrels, etc. to the ground floor
    - Creating a particle smoke effect for the broken pipes at the bases
    - Disabling the Translocator
    - Adding sound effects to the lifts
    - Making the lift trigger panel light up when triggered

Comment

cool great idea and way to incorporate teamwork

Comment

Well seeing as how you are leaving out folks who don't play online I wonder how many downloads this level will get and how much feedback it will receive on these forums. It always bothers me when a person releases a map for online play only when at least 50% of the Unreal community plays the game offline and all the best maps (looking, playing, most popular) are all made for both online and offline play. I guess what I am saying is you definitely need to consider adding full bot support for this level.

Comment

Wow. I just played two rounds of this map, and it needs a lot of work.

1) As of right now the ramps leading up to the rocket launcher should be facing the other direction so that a spawned player is able to run up them without having to run around a corner and expose their backsides to the other team.

2) The Stinger is overpowered because of the lack of cover
          3) I can get to the enemy flag in two Translocator jumps, this isn't for 3v3 it's fro 2v2 if anything
          4) Why place ammo in those little alcoves? so an easy to fire rocket can kill me in one hit?
          5) I don't need to take that lift, so much for your forcing gameplay
          6) What's the point of the FlakCannon being where it is? It's so far out of the way i'd rather be running directly towards my flag (like the other bots do) than going up the lifts.
          7) People spawn too close to the flag.
          8)This map is too **** quiet. Needs ambience, music, SOMETHING, but I shouldn't be able to figure out where my enemy is by not firing my weapon.

There's bot support but not alot. Needs more.

Fix these problems and it might be a decent map.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
            Well seeing as how you are leaving out folks who don't play online I wonder how many downloads this level will get and how much feedback it will receive on these forums. It always bothers me when a person releases a map for online play only when at least 50% of the Unreal community plays the game offline and all the best maps (looking, playing, most popular) are all made for both online and offline play. I guess what I am saying is you definitely need to consider adding full bot support for this level.
            I agree. I play more offline that online. The online offer just isn't good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              I'm pretty sure you can't tell the bots to go stand on pressure panels to summon an elevator when a player is on it. Unless you can tell the bots to go to a certain pathnode via a kismet sequence when a player enters a volume with the flag. But AFAIK you can't do that.

Edit: Brilliant concept btw.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

Thank you all for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I will do my best to include most - if not all - of your suggestions into the next Beta build.

Originally posted by SAHChandler
                As of right now the ramps leading up to the rocket launcher should be facing the other direction so that a spawned player is able to run up them without having to run around a corner and expose their backsides to the other team.
                This is a great suggestion, and I will definitely implement it.

The Stinger is overpowered because of the lack of cover
                Agreed. Would replacing the Stinger with, say the BioRifle, be a viable option to fix this issue?

I can get to the enemy flag in two Translocator jumps, this isn't for 3v3 it's fro 2v2 if anything
                Yeah, that can be a problem. Do you think the Translocator should be disabled in this level?

Why place ammo in those little alcoves? so an easy to fire rocket can kill me in one hit?
                Good catch. Would you rather see the ammo lying outside the alcoves, or add some cover so the rocket cannot go inside them?

I don't need to take that lift, so much for your forcing gameplay
                What if going through the middle part slows you down considerably, would you then opt to use the lifts?

What's the point of the FlakCannon being where it is? It's so far out of the way i'd rather be running directly towards my flag (like the other bots do) than going up the lifts.
                Would moving the FlakCannon closer to the base, in the ramps outside the buildings, work?

People spawn too close to the flag.
                Good one, I will spread the spawn points around the base/ramps area.

This map is too **** quiet. Needs ambience, music, SOMETHING, but I shouldn't be able to figure out where my enemy is by not firing my weapon.
                Thanks, I will definitely be adding more effects to help with the ambiance of the level.

There's bot support but not alot. Needs more.
                Originally posted by AnubanUT2
                Well seeing as how you are leaving out folks who don't play online I wonder how many downloads this level will get and how much feedback it will receive on these forums.
                Originally posted by Zubren
                I'm pretty sure you can't tell the bots to go stand on pressure panels to summon an elevator when a player is on it.
                What Zubren says is correct, I was unable to find a way for the bots to operate the lifts using teamwork. Being an offline player myself, I never intended to exclude offline players. I will definitely have better bot support in plance on a future release. Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.

Comment

1) yes a biorifle would be better
                  2) Perhaps. It all comes down to a personal preference
                  3) A little bit of both
                  4)Definitely would use the lifts unless I wasn't in a hurry to get away or to someplace
                  5) I think the Flak Cannon is unneccessary in this level. Replacing it with the linkgun may make teammates work together better

Comment

Map is installed on this Server

Name: Vulcanion.com powered by clanserver4.u.de
                    IP: 195.13.62.22:27700
                    MoD: ZeroPing Instagib Capture The Flag
                    MapVoting: Yes (BiaVote)
                    Installed Maps: Show Forum Thread here
                    Map Alternative Download: CTF-TeamLifts

|| »Vûlçåñø« || Download UT3 Stuff || »RaiDen« Clan (UT2oo4/UT3) || Download UT2oo4 Stuff || »Vûlçåñø« ||

Comment

Current Version:
                      Version 1.1

Download Link:
                      http://rapidshare.com/files/108113397/TeamLifts.zip

Changes for this Version:
                      - Improved bot support
                      - Added background music and ambient sounds
                      - Added sound effects for the lifts
                      - Added a light effect for the lifts
                      - Added a mud volume that slows players down
                      - Added player movement acceleration effect for conveyor belts
                      - Added decoration meshes to ground floor
                      - Added particle effects to several objects
                      - Removed Stinger, replaced with BioRifle
                      - Removed Flak Cannon, replaced with LinkGun
                      - Moved ramps leading up to center platform so they point towards the bases
                      - Modified the location of the spawn points

Please update your version of the map to 1.1, or download this new version if you don't have the original one. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edit: a big thank you to all who have helped me so far with improving the map. And a big thank you for hosting my map, Vulcano.

Comment

First post updated with the v1.1 link.

Comment

Ahhhhrggg, please rename it to "CTF-TeamLiftsv11.ut3" in the future
                          v1.0 and v1.1 cant be the same file name. thats ****
                          thank you

updated on my server

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll keep that in mind, and I apologize for the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                            X