• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrono Trigger

Name: DM - Chrono Trigger (temp)
    Version: in progress
    Compatibility: pc
    Description: A map based on the old SNES/PSone Classic Chrono Trigger. So far I have the end of time area done, the portal to the first area done, and part of the millennium fair done. Working on making portals that can be fired into though still a work in progress. Plan to have the major areas recreated with an updated unreal look.
    Comments: Any help and suggestions would be welcomed. Also I'm new and this is my first map for UT3 and only made one map for UT2004 which never saw the net. So let me know what you all think.
    Screenshot:

Edit:
    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5656/portalja1.jpg
    http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6...nesbellqx4.jpg

Credits: Me, SquareEnix for the original idea of Chrono Trigger and Epic for all those handy premade stuff.
    Homepage: none for now
    Download: when it's ready

Omg omg omg
    edit1:YES I GOT 1st Post i LOVE This ill keep it forever once made
    Ill make suggestions in a moment

Edit2: More trees around the Millenium square area a Daytime skybox and id request someone to make some custom meshes for you for authenticity
    also ummm I Hope you make That Funky zone where Lavos is, and that futuristic place (2099 AD?) where you find Robo as they will be easy to make, also the waterfal area where frog confronts magus at sunset!
    Sorry if thats too much to ask.

Comment

lol, simply amazing...this better come 2 ps3 or ill die. seriously

Comment

Well I do have a skybox for it but I took a pic like this so you can compare it to the original better. Also it would be nice to have custom meshes for this but yes I am planning to add in the zone with Lavos in it, even plan to see if I can stick together something to make Lavos itself. Yes I plan to add in where they find robo and where magus and frog confront each other. I downloaded images from the game of every single map and area I could.

Comment

well I'd be happy to see this on a ps3 if someone cooks it for me once I'm done

Comment

oh and btw here is a pic of the portal when you go "through time"

Comment

My friend That is amazing and true to the original only well updated haha!!
              youve inspired me to install some 3d programs, i only have ps3 UT3 but if i was to send you the 3d files would that be ok if i was to make them?
              What 3D files could be imported into the UE editor?

Comment

Ah I'd be glad to get some help on this, you can feel free to e-mail me and we can talk more about this though to be honest you'd get a hold of me easier on myspace, if you want to then contact me on myspace as dreamweb93550@yahoo.com

Anywho as I recall maya was supposed to be one of programs that is compatible with UT3 though I know nothing of importing and such @_@; Would be great to get a model of robo in a grey blue color ^^ then I can scatter them around a robot factory. Be also great to have a model of Epoch the time machine, oh Gato would be great too though if anything I would make him broken down a bit or simply just sitting there.

After this I am thinking of making a map based on Chrono Cross, having two worlds similar but different that you can switch between.

Comment

Interesting concept, but it looks silly with the stock assets. Some custom stuff would make this awesome

Comment

.... Oh man, I think I just came in my pants...

If I live to see this on my PS3, I'll be a happy man. This is incredible. You'll be my God if you can get this to work on the PS3. I hate to be a pessimist but I just can't see such a godly map being ported over so easily. I'm sure you'll do an incredible job on this map regardless... Keep at it! A Chrono Trigger map must be PERFECT. **** you PC players are incredibly lucky to be getting this.

Comment

Originally posted by DSKEmilio View Post
                      .... Oh man, I think I just came in my pants...

If I live to see this on my PS3, I'll be a happy man. This is incredible. You'll be my God if you can get this to work on the PS3. I hate to be a pessimist but I just can't see such a godly map being ported over so easily. I'm sure you'll do an incredible job on this map regardless... Keep at it! A Chrono Trigger map must be PERFECT. **** you PC players are incredibly lucky to be getting this.
                      Trust me I am working on this as much as I can and will only release it when I feel it is done right. I love Chrono Trigger as much as anyone else here and want to see it done justice. Thanks for all the support though
                      I know pc players are lucky though, the editor is a big reason I got it for the pc, though I wonder why they didn't make one for the PS3, I mean of course nothing as complex as the pc version but maybe something like they did with Pariah on the xbox (pc had a simple editor too but also had the UE).

Anyways I'm also here right now to ask others if I should also include not just the fair but a shortened version of the world map as well though doing so would make this a huge map (only as far as the bridge for crying out loud). But was thinking if I do do it then I can include the forest and castle maybe even the prison...I'd really like to but god it'd be a huge file! So I think I'll leave it up to all of you.

Comment

Ok My PC is a poor rig and i cant get 3d programs to work, Only Zbrush
                        My friend has a better rig and UT3 For his PC, i will take all My 3d programs to his via usb stick, I would have you request people make odd objects, the first thing i wanted to make was the teleporter in millenium square then robo, but if thats too hard then just 1 and it would be Robo, i would at least make it in 2 colour sets maybe 1 as a skeleton and one as the full robo.

Comment

Originally posted by Metatronstar View Post
                          Ok My PC is a poor rig and i cant get 3d programs to work, Only Zbrush
                          My friend has a better rig and UT3 For his PC, i will take all My 3d programs to his via usb stick, I would have you request people make odd objects, the first thing i wanted to make was the teleporter in millenium square then robo, but if thats too hard then just 1 and it would be Robo, i would at least make it in 2 colour sets maybe 1 as a skeleton and one as the full robo.
                          well actually I think the teleporter looks like a decent upgrade to me but maybe use the old one. I hear that you can also use Zbrush but you would still have to take it over to Maya and from there to UE.

Oh btw was working a little on it while in class and took this pic of what I'm working on. Enjoy!

Comment

It's looking great man. Good luck with it

Comment

nice map!

Comment

Working...
                              X