Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    decent VCTF beta map

needs screenshot; lighting….lighting….it’s called lighting; anyway, I guess “retro” means no color, yikes! Everything is kinda bland, but you sure can tell where the bases are. The phrase “lighting needs to be rebuilt” is still in there. There seems to be too much vehicle power in here and maybe take out the goliaths and replace them with scorpions would be better. The bots are still kinda retarded, so I guess this is more of an online map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    working link to possible working map

Kantham was nice enough to provide a link, but he says the map might not entirely work:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2vg6gzwwi9gs8pg

Use at your own risk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm still expecting a little more feedback. I am also very busy with another project.
    Just want to make sure there isn't a wall somewhere the player can go trough.

The roof collision and lifts has been fixed BTW.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When can we expect to see the final release of this? No rush! I'm just curious.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like the chronopolis map made for Halo Custom Edition. Looks cool!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I just spotted the roof Collision issue you guys mentioned. I also personally noticed the lift are quite buggy. I'll change the kismet method, right now it's on something rather stinky after I play-tested it some more for a while.

As for the lightning, it's really clear that the Directional Lights (AKA Sun Lights if you wish) are just too high. I'll tone it down for final, and add some more details and better lightning for indoor.

The brightness is really a problem for people using way-above default brightness settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its a nice map. Very playable. It is kinda bright though. Maybe its just the fact there is so much white in it? Im not sure. And yes, there is a glitch in the roofs, as Morphlex pointed out.
    Another bug however, the lifts often stop working properly after a while. I saw it happen on the blue side. But I think they are both prone to it after a while of game play.
    Keep up the good work tho

Pop!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love the lighting in this map. It's so bright, looks like Mirror's Edge (UT3 engine as well). This definitely reminds me a lot of 2004, which is a good thing. UT3 maps can be depressing sometimes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Missing collision / hiding spot

I've been playing it online and found that there is a missing collision on the roof around the Cicada. There is this light colored angled bit along the edge that you can hide in. I've skimmed through the previous posts and don't think its been caught yet. I also think there should be more weapons in the weapon lockers along with more Avril ammo. I'll agree with a few that have already mentioned how bright it looks. Perhaps the sky and directional light could be dimmed a tad. It's a bit washed out. Not that bad though.

Otherwise I think it's a great map. I really dig the tunnels. On a side note; I wish there was a way to open that little door in the tunnel and go to a "secret" room or at least some sneaky route.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have play the map offline and online but i cant find and bug or glitch

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll see what I can do for the PS3 version of it, if it ever happens it will be only released for the PS3 on final. I can technically fix the lightning at any time, the purpose of it was to make a bright level. But I will try to tone it down in the next version, and also make the interiors more interesting.

Anyone has suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would love to see this on ps3...

if you cant fix the brightness i'd say you should leave it it gives it a nice feel to it not to mention a nice look to it and like plenty of people said it does remind of mirrors edge...good job on this map looks pretty fun too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sweet at last beta 2 i like this map thx for the new beta

Leave a comment:

• replied
    See first post.

Beta 2 is here. sorry for the delay as I said it should have been ready yesterday, I had a really big headache. Please let me know if you have any issues.

The AI has been fixed, I redid the entire path network and they're less dumb. However, they still are retarded, just that they do navigate around better. Please see the changelist for a complete overview.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sweet a beta 2 soon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X