No announcement yet.

VCTF-Retro BETA 2 [NEW 27/03/09]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also scaled down the level a whole lot, playing this made the bots completely retarded, they just kept getting out of vehicles everywhere in the map. BTW I lifted the middle street area, so the middle is entirely connected, and the main street isn't a deathtrap anymore. Well unless you're the flag carrier.

I'm still going to make the building passages entirely usable, add more health there and ETC. It's not like the middle street is going to be the only one way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
      Yes!
      I kinda wish I could have more inspiration for WarFare. I even got back to work on my DM level.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=629335

Comment

I plan on uploading beta 2 today.

But be aware the AI is completely retarded as hell. I tried everything to fix them, I'll have to delete all pathnodes and start over again.

Comment

Great news, looking forward to it

Comment

sweet a beta 2 soon

Comment

See first post.

Beta 2 is here. sorry for the delay as I said it should have been ready yesterday, I had a really big headache. Please let me know if you have any issues.

The AI has been fixed, I redid the entire path network and they're less dumb. However, they still are retarded, just that they do navigate around better. Please see the changelist for a complete overview.

Comment

sweet at last beta 2 i like this map thx for the new beta

Comment

I would love to see this on ps3...

if you cant fix the brightness i'd say you should leave it it gives it a nice feel to it not to mention a nice look to it and like plenty of people said it does remind of mirrors edge...good job on this map looks pretty fun too

Comment

I'll see what I can do for the PS3 version of it, if it ever happens it will be only released for the PS3 on final. I can technically fix the lightning at any time, the purpose of it was to make a bright level. But I will try to tone it down in the next version, and also make the interiors more interesting.

Anyone has suggestions?

Comment

i have play the map offline and online but i cant find and bug or glitch

Comment

Missing collision / hiding spot

I've been playing it online and found that there is a missing collision on the roof around the Cicada. There is this light colored angled bit along the edge that you can hide in. I've skimmed through the previous posts and don't think its been caught yet. I also think there should be more weapons in the weapon lockers along with more Avril ammo. I'll agree with a few that have already mentioned how bright it looks. Perhaps the sky and directional light could be dimmed a tad. It's a bit washed out. Not that bad though.

Otherwise I think it's a great map. I really dig the tunnels. On a side note; I wish there was a way to open that little door in the tunnel and go to a "secret" room or at least some sneaky route.

Cheers!

Comment

I love the lighting in this map. It's so bright, looks like Mirror's Edge (UT3 engine as well). This definitely reminds me a lot of 2004, which is a good thing. UT3 maps can be depressing sometimes

Comment

Its a nice map. Very playable. It is kinda bright though. Maybe its just the fact there is so much white in it? Im not sure. And yes, there is a glitch in the roofs, as Morphlex pointed out.
                            Another bug however, the lifts often stop working properly after a while. I saw it happen on the blue side. But I think they are both prone to it after a while of game play.
                            Keep up the good work tho

Pop!

Comment

Ok I just spotted the roof Collision issue you guys mentioned. I also personally noticed the lift are quite buggy. I'll change the kismet method, right now it's on something rather stinky after I play-tested it some more for a while.

As for the lightning, it's really clear that the Directional Lights (AKA Sun Lights if you wish) are just too high. I'll tone it down for final, and add some more details and better lightning for indoor.

The brightness is really a problem for people using way-above default brightness settings.

Comment

Looks like the chronopolis map made for Halo Custom Edition. Looks cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X