No announcement yet.

VCTF-Retro BETA 2 [NEW 27/03/09]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice map! You know if there's any possibility of a PS3 cook?

Comment

Hi there, we noticed you have been working hard on this beta, and we would like to feature it in the vctf bbq II, which is Saturday and Sunday, August 9th and 10th.

Do you think you have enough time to get everything polished up by the 3rd of August, so we could get it in the map pack and feature it in the event?

I don't know if you made it to the last one but it was awesome, and full of all types of players from the community. Everyone had a great time, and we would like to make you a part of it.

So if there is anything (server to beta on, people to beta for you, mirror, whatever) we can do to help out, let us know! We want this map in the bbq II !

Here is the thread for the NEW bbq II:
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=618410

Here is the thread for the last bbq:
      http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615150

Comment

Originally posted by theJ View Post
        Hi there, we noticed you have been working hard on this beta, and we would like to feature it in the vctf bbq II, which is Saturday and Sunday, August 9th and 10th.

Do you think you have enough time to get everything polished up by the 3rd of August, so we could get it in the map pack and feature it in the event?

I don't know if you made it to the last one but it was awesome, and full of all types of players from the community. Everyone had a great time, and we would like to make you a part of it.

So if there is anything (server to beta on, people to beta for you, mirror, whatever) we can do to help out, let us know! We want this map in the bbq II !

Here is the thread for the NEW bbq II:
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=618410

Here is the thread for the last bbq:
        http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615150
        retro is right ut2004 is retro and retro is good

Comment

hey Kantham, did you ever publish this? We were really looking forward to getting this one included :/ Its pretty sweet as it is, but I was wondering if you ended up making any major changes or implementing any of the suggestions

Comment

Kantham - My opinion, paint the **** thing grey and ship it!

Comment

Hey. I liked this map, and I'm still hopeful for a full release. It's nice in size and ambition, I like the setting.

Any chance of a Final version appearing??

Comment

Well the good news is that I looked at it last night and figured that I might give this one final a shot, I got back to UT3 level design and when opening it to get some assets I figured it would be such a waste to drop it. At least it looks much better the way it is now.

Comment

sweet you gone work on the map again that map is fantastic i mean its great

Comment

Glad to hear it may make a Final appearance I ended up rebuilding it myself, not much work just rebuilt the lighting and had to fix the tunnel material (the normal texture was empty). I really like the setting Thanks for returning to it.

Comment

Am i the only one that is reminded of Mirrors Edge?

Comment

wuhey the Great and wonderful KANTHAM Is back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChainsawFilms View Post
                          not much work just rebuilt the lighting and had to fix the tunnel material (the normal texture was empty).
                          Yeah seems like I moved something after building the lights. But I'm not sure what you mean with the tunnel normal texture being empty.

Originally posted by LtClifff View Post
                          wuhey the Great and wonderful KANTHAM Is back!!!
                          Yes!
                          I kinda wish I could have more inspiration for WarFare. I even got back to work on my DM level.

Comment

I loaded your map in UE3, then saved it as VCTF-Retro-beta1-LIT. Cooked it and just got a few standard node warnings, went to Publish and got a load of errors with TunnelTexture (not sure the exact name). Took a quick look in the tunnel of the map, and sure enough, it was chequered / untextured. The ground was fine, as it's a different texture. Looked in the static mesh properties and opened your customer material, and that was chequered with a Missing Texture error. The texture box going to Normal was empty. So I looked at the other texture in the material, followed that and got the matching normal map.

Don't know why I had that issue and no-one else apparently has. I didn't even touch the map. Strange. Nevermind, looking forward to the proper version now

Comment

Future release screenshots:

The problem is going to be different brightness settings from one PC to another.

Comment

Looking good. I think the road texture could do with being a little brighter. I like the contrast transition between the dark road -> grey lower building -> bright upper building, that's a cool idea. I think the dark road makes it look dirty which doesn't sit right with the gleaming buildings.

Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X