X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Retro BETA 2 [NEW 27/03/09]

Beta 2 is now available!
    Screenshots:

[screenshot]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5753/retroshot01z.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/739/retroshot02.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6983/retroshot03.jpg[/screenshot]

Compatibility: Patch 2.0 / Titan pack.
    Note that you shouldn't need titan to run it, but it may be a problem if you don't have it since the map was cooked using titan. Let me know.

Changelist:
    • Scaled entire map down to about 30% (that was hell.)
    • Changed lightning.
    • Improved AI. Sorry, the layout is just too complex for them to work correctly.
    • Improved visuals, changed a lot of textures.
    • Changed PP effect - 0% desaturation. (Was 30% before)
    • Replaced Raptor by Cicada
    • Added a few more items around
    • Replaced jumpads to get to roof by lift
    • Other changes not really worth mentioning like rotated hellbenders for better facing and ETC.

If you have any issues with this beta, please do post them. Also note that the map is really bright, you will probably have to change your brightness, sorry for the annoyance this may have caused.

Download - MediaFire
    My Website

C:\Documents and Settings\*User*\My docs\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
    NOTE: If the directory doesn't exist, you'll have to create it manually.

This looks like it could be a lot of fun I remember a map in one of the 2K4 bonus packs (unfortunately don't remember the name of the map, but it was included with the pack that added a bunch of extra vehicles) - that was a somewhat similar theme, and it was a blast!

Comment

I only have ps3, but if this where on it id definately have it, i mean the word Retro Reeks of the 80s, something i heavily love.

Comment

this reminds me of haven city from Jak and Daxter.

Comment

hi nice you make good maps

Comment

Anyone else is getting it all bright like this screenshot here?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...nShot00321.jpg

Comment

Yeah, notice the top left corner says: "Lighting needs to be rebuild"

Comment

Ha the color reminds me of Portal

Comment

Ah, I remember the 2004 version. Nice job.

Comment

The lightning is build. It must have been an invisible in-game static mesh that I moved, thus asking me to re-build lightning.

Comment

I simply rebuilt the level and I don't get that message about the lighting ... but some points about this level I wanted to make:

- The Goliath seems to really overpower this level until you get the hang of it so for the first little bit people may get owned a lot ... don't know if you are planning to address this by having more AVRiL ammo closer to the bases or on the upper parts since a lot of time is spent staying off the ground and avoiding the Goliaths and Hellbenders.

- I think it would be better to have Raptors ... Cicadas are just a pain in the butt to pilot and really use effectively comparatively speaking of course. I admit though this is definitely more of a personal thing

- Are you aware that the garages still require some textures?

- Any possible way to lose some of the yellow poles ... man do they ever slow down progress on the hoverboard sometimes. If not that's fine ... I just think it might speed up gameplay.

The inside of the bases is a bit barren ... maybe you could add some tv monitors ... actually I was wondering if it would be possible to add several at key locations that are actually doing real-time monitoring of the battlefield which will help folks to pick better escape routes and also help clue folks in to where the flag carrier is.

I like this level but not as much (yet as your previous two VCTF levels). I am interested to see how the final turns out but somehow the gameplay is just as fun as your other work. Hopefully tweaks here and there will improve that though.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                        I simply rebuilt the level and I don't get that message about the lighting ...
                        Yeah, again, the lightning is build. It must have been a non-visible in-game mesh that I moved thus, asking me to rebuild entire lightning for that. If the lightning wouldn't be build or nedded rebuild, it wouldn't look like this.

The Goliath seems to really overpower this level until you get the hang of it so for the first little bit people may get owned a lot ... don't know if you are planning to address this by having more AVRiL ammo closer to the bases or on the upper parts since a lot of time is spent staying off the ground and avoiding the Goliaths and Hellbenders.
                        The tank was not overpowered in the first retro. The map is complex, you have to know that the alley near the flag is guarded by the tank so if their tank is up, take another. Like the roof or the left side catwalk.

I think it would be better to have Raptors ... Cicadas are just a pain in the butt to pilot and really use effectively comparatively speaking of course. I admit though this is definitely more of a personal thing
                        You may be right, I'll consider that. Personally, I find the Cicada to be efficient against the tank, and i thought it was fitting this level quite well.

Are you aware that the garages still require some textures?
                        Screenshot please.

Any possible way to lose some of the yellow poles ... man do they ever slow down progress on the hoverboard sometimes. If not that's fine ... I just think it might speed up gameplay.
                        I never had that problem, but okay.

The inside of the bases is a bit barren ... maybe you could add some tv monitors ... actually I was wondering if it would be possible to add several at key locations that are actually doing real-time monitoring of the battlefield which will help folks to pick better escape routes and also help clue folks in to where the flag carrier is.
                        Sounds like a nice idea. I have no clue how to apply a real time camera to a material.

I like this level but not as much (yet as your previous two VCTF levels). I am interested to see how the final turns out but somehow the gameplay is just as fun as your other work. Hopefully tweaks here and there will improve that though.
                        Okay, the map is meant to be played online. It's probably why you don't like it as much. It's always the same anyway. Thus the reason why this is my last VCTF map for UT3.

Thanks for the Feedback.

Comment

nice map too bad this is your last map for vctf the maps you make are great and there is a adre problem how you get online the map is big long downloads

Comment

Yeah Kantham WTH? What do you mean that's why this is your last VCTF level? Dude you make fantastic VCTF levels and this one is no different. I just pointed out some things that would make it even better imo. Dude you know I told you that Atlas City is the best VCTF I have played ... it is still my fav of all. And what did you mean by its always the same anyway? I just hope you reconsider man ... I would miss your VCTF maps a great deal.

Comment

I suppose that Warfare has more potential for offline play. That's what I'll be aiming for, again.

Comment

Working...
                              X