No announcement yet.

Vash's Gun [BETA 0.2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God this does look good. please someone step up.

Comment

Hmm the polygon is bit too high for the weapon. I am currently working on the mesh to reduce but it taking time to finish and look for errors. It took a while to import the skeleton mesh. I might remove some polygon and put it in texture to worry about the detail that to hide part of the mesh.

Need to reduce some polygon, so it would not lag the game. What do you guys think?

Comment

Except isn't each UT3 weapon 10,000+ polygons? Isn't that in the range of this gun?

Good stuff, darknet.. cannot wait to see what happpens.

Comment

looks like a good replacement for the boltock in gears

Comment

I covert most them to quads. I am fixing the see through polygons.

It will take while to get all the mesh to be mirror both with the same texture that will reduce the load in the uv layout.

Once the clean up the weapon model I might do work out the uv layout but I am not good at textured.

Comment

Horah! I am so happy someone has picked this up again. Very glad I revived the thread now. Thank you very much darknet.

Comment

Here update for the weapon model.

I been merging some vertex point and cleaning up the mesh up a bit. I almost clean up the visitable area. The last part of the image is need fixing up. Once that done that I am going to double check if there any see through holes before doing uv layout.
                ----
                File Link:---

This weapon model update for clean mesh and uv clean. Work In Progress.
                ----
                Here a question what are two fire mode for first and second mode of weapon fire?

Comment

about time this project picked up -.-

Comment

I have not yet fix some area yet. Getting a lot errors when trying to export them to unreal. Creating backup files and testing for export take a lot of time out of me. Trying to clean up much as possible without any getting errors.

Here a release of the gun version, it partly stable.

This is Alpha Release.
                    File [Vash Gun 0.1 Alpha]:
                    ----[<- Download][Work In Progress!]

Information:
                    There is no animation yet. I haven't work out the texture layout yet. I am working it. It not really clean version, but it is an start.

Credits to the ppl who work on it and need work on the readme.txt file later.

Comment

Im guessing it is going to be smaller. handgun sized? Please?

Comment

I will make the hand gun smaller. I am almost finish fixing the mesh error. I been working on mirroring the weapon, just the UV layout is not done yet. The mesh is almost clean.

[UPDATE]

Here the update still work in progress going be working on the UV LAYOUT texture for a while.

Comment

Great! Looks like a handgun now! A very big handgun... but still a handgun!

Comment

Here is another release. This some what little stable. I have not learn how to code the fire stuff. It need a delay to do the animation to fire when the trigger is pull. Been busy with other work.I might not have enough time to finish with some detail work.
                            [version 0.2]
                            http://files.filefront.com/VashGun+0.../fileinfo.html <[Download]

Information: This has animation and texture. This include the blender model files. This is some what working model in the game a bit.

Comment

Thank you very much. This is everything I hoped for. I know it is beta but anychance of a PS3 cook? It's all I have UT3 on. Anyway thanks for finishing my request.

Comment

I don't have a ps3 test it out. There the src folder and files if you want to cooked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X