Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Grinder[1.0][BETA][PICS][DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE!!!!]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Grinder[1.0][BETA][PICS][DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE!!!!]

Name: DM-GrinderIII
    Version:1.0
    Compatibility:Patch 1.2, PC only at this time. Contact me if you would like to cook this for our PS3 friends.
    Description:A remake of UT99's DM-Grinder
    Comments:Now entering Beta stage. Map is completely playable, lighting is still being worked on, but is improved over previous screenshots. Download has been posted, feel free to take a test drive.
    Screenshot:

Credits:Elliot Cannon (original mapper), Epic, and ME! lol.
    Download:DM-GrinderIIIBetav1

Edit: If you dl'ed and tried instant action and get the Latin screen, re dl. something went wrong with the publish, as such I've got the unpublished file up for dl now...

I am interested in ALL feedback, including any ideas, or techniques from some of you more experienced mappers out there. I don't want to leave potential on the table with this. At any rate the worst that could happen is I could learn something.

Please DO NOT rename or alter these files. Thanks, and Happy Fragging!!!

Good to see another classic map recreated for UT3. Hope it has the same kind of lighting/atmosphere as the original.

Comment

Looking really good. The lighting needs work though imo. I would personally like to see the saturated ambience of the original but in the end it's your map so make it as you want to see it. Looking forward to the realease.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatik View Post
        Looking really good. The lighting needs work though imo. I would personally like to see the saturated ambience of the original but in the end it's your map so make it as you want to see it. Looking forward to the realease.

Cheers,
        I'm with ya on this, but lighting is one place I really have a lot to learn, I will be releasing a beta dl, but I have considered this to be a work in progress, a good way to learn what I can without having to worry about the design of the map too much.

Comment

Sweet! I really liked this map in UT99. Glad to see you're doing a remake. Will keep my eyes open for updates...

Comment

Looking good, though the lighting could definitely be a bit more dynamic. I don't really remember this map from '99. Looks like I have an excuse to go play that again.

Comment

Bump for download!

Comment

Plays right nicely. The lighting looks better than what was in the original screen by a lot, but could still do with a bit of contrast. That's really just nitpicking, though.

Comment

Awesome map. Can't wait untill someone releases this one with beatifull graphics. I have to say, eaven though the maps looks oldschool, it still looks pretty good.

I think this one is already ready for final, just don't forget map-preview for menu's

Comment

I remember this map! I'd completely forgotten about it until now! So glad you've done a remake, such a hectic map, especially with 8ish players!

Comment

It looks very much like the original. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing. Some people loved it and some loathed it.

I'll have to give it a try, but from the screens you made a very faithful map. Good work.

Comment

Add some ambient lighting and background music

Comment

Looks really bland. Needs alotta work. I will keep working on my version though.

Comment

Thanks for making this, good to have in the collection

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
                              Thanks for making this, good to have in the collection
                              Yeah but mine'll be better

Comment

Working...
                              X