Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-Reinforcement - Construction Halted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sry for the late response, had to go find the file from my backups.

Anyways, for those interested, I PMed the link to the unpublished file.

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Duragesic View Post
    Please PM this to me as well and I'll double check with him on what parts he plans to work on. I'd like to simply optimize and cook for PS3....
    If you can get this done & the creator's happy, I'd be interested in a copy of the cooked file, please ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!

Please PM this to me as well and I'll double check with him on what parts he plans to work on. I'd like to simply optimize and cook for PS3....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So are you pm me a download link?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I took the dl link down.
    Don't have the time for the map anymore, I have other stuff going on. I have an unpublished file for anyone to use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really promising Can't find the download link on the Filefront site

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, you are right, I have decided to make it low gravity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Found a few bugs:
    http://www.faclanhosting.be/UT3-Movi...nforcement.wmv

1. Jumppad that doesn't work.
    2. Weaponlocker that doesn't work and makes bot fly. ( happened more then once at the same locker! )

Suggestions:
    1. Add low gravity because there are a lot of jumps where you get to much damage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea, I should have the next beta within the next week.
    Trying to finish up adding lighting and sound effects.
    Then I'll start optimizing for performance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE=jayoplus;25332229]WAR-Reinforcement

Also, the PS3 version will be cooked on later releases. I haven't done any optimization yet, and I wouldn't want to bother when it may not run smoothly and have people complain about it. Please, Bear with me, thanks.

Any update on when the ps3 beta release will be? I promise i wont complain about it. hehe keep up the good work man.thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Poker View Post
    Quite good in many ways. It definitely echoes PowerSurge but it's plenty unique too ... the retractable bridge is a pretty clever design, and the missile strike is a cool twist on the usual core-drain thing.

FPS can drop pretty low when at the edges looking back toward the center, so maybe toss in some more height fog and trim down the culling distance.

Also, at some nodes, on the bottom levels, there's something interfering with collision because you can't hit pickups or enter vehicles.

As a rule I'm not a fan of WAR/ONS maps without terrain since they're heavily dependent on flyers, but this is a nice map overall, with a neat and original design.
    Thanks for the comment.
    I actually havent added any heightfog yet and I haven't optimized, so there is actually no cull distance yet. Ill look at the collisions again. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EpicJon View Post
    can you please post more pics?

-EJon
    I would but like I said, Lighting isn't done yet.
    It wouldn't be any good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Quite good in many ways. It definitely echoes PowerSurge but it's plenty unique too ... the retractable bridge is a pretty clever design, and the missile strike is a cool twist on the usual core-drain thing.

FPS can drop pretty low when at the edges looking back toward the center, so maybe toss in some more height fog and trim down the culling distance.

Also, at some nodes, on the bottom levels, there's something interfering with collision because you can't hit pickups or enter vehicles.

As a rule I'm not a fan of WAR/ONS maps without terrain since they're heavily dependent on flyers, but this is a nice map overall, with a neat and original design.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can you please post more pics?

-EJon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I should mention, the map initially started as a low gravity map where there was an extra node in which if it was captured made it normal gravity for the controlling team.

That worked to an extent, but then it became unbalanced in gameplay. So I scrapped that.
    Also, I personally dont like low grav. I just thought since the map was located in a tunnelling mothership of some sort.
    Anyways, yea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X