Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-Reinforcement - Construction Halted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Reinforcement - Construction Halted!

WAR-Reinforcement

Before I start, please note, I didn't add the Beta string to the actual file name but it will be in the next release.

Also, the PS3 version will be cooked on later releases. I haven't done any optimization yet, and I wouldn't want to bother when it may not run smoothly and have people complain about it. Please, Bear with me, thanks.

This is my first Warfare map.
    Honestly, I haven't played warfare other than in the single player campaign. Haven't played it online but I have seen it been played so I think I have some idea. For the record, I really only play CTF. Map design inspired by War-Powersurge.

Anyways, so I decided to make a map that had to do mostly with aircrafts. This was the primary focus when making this map, as such there are mostly aircraft vehicles in the map. All axon vehicles.

NumPlayers: 16-32

All vehicles are:

2 Goliaths and 2 Paladins (One for each team - Spawns when bridge node is controlled)

2 Cicadas (One for each team - Spawns when bridge node is controlled)

10 Raptors - 2 located at each base, 3 spawn at each prime node controlled.

4 Minigun turrets - 2 each located on the base roof top.

There is one link setup -

(R) Red Core
    (B) Blue Core
    (C) Countdown Node - Stand Alone
    (P1) Red Prime
    (N) Bridge Node
    (P2) Blue Prime

I hear for aircrafts, avrils are important so there are a lot of Avril weapon pickups as well as ammo.
    Powerups - Redeemer, UDamage, Berserk, Invisibility.

Node control objectives

Of course the countdown node does damage to the core. Countdown is 60s.

The bridge node gets more complicated. And this is why there are land vehicles (for those who may have been wondering why there are land vehicles in an airborne oriented map).
    Of course control of this node raises a bridge to the enemy core, in doing this, shorts some circuitry which opens up the roof of the enemy base and raises the core, exposing to aerial attack.

Now, if a team controls both the Bridge node and the countdown node, the core takes twice the damage. Logical since the core is even more exposed.
    I figured this may add some dynamic to the play.

I am open to suggestions on how much damage the extra damage should be for control of both nodes. When play testiing with Godlike bots, it seemed balanced.

I expect to see a lot of dog fighting on the map Hopefully.

At the moment, I am having serious issues with bot pathing, working on it. Most of the Kismet is done. There is no sound or music yet. I always do that last as I don't like the music playing whenever I want to play test maps.
    There is absolutely no lighting done yet. There is only one sky light powering the level.

Screens (These are low res.) As I get more into lighting and optimization, I'll get better ones up.

Download. http://hosted.filefront.com/jjppzz/

I should mention, the map initially started as a low gravity map where there was an extra node in which if it was captured made it normal gravity for the controlling team.

That worked to an extent, but then it became unbalanced in gameplay. So I scrapped that.
    Also, I personally dont like low grav. I just thought since the map was located in a tunnelling mothership of some sort.
    Anyways, yea.

Comment

can you please post more pics?

-EJon

Comment

Quite good in many ways. It definitely echoes PowerSurge but it's plenty unique too ... the retractable bridge is a pretty clever design, and the missile strike is a cool twist on the usual core-drain thing.

FPS can drop pretty low when at the edges looking back toward the center, so maybe toss in some more height fog and trim down the culling distance.

Also, at some nodes, on the bottom levels, there's something interfering with collision because you can't hit pickups or enter vehicles.

As a rule I'm not a fan of WAR/ONS maps without terrain since they're heavily dependent on flyers, but this is a nice map overall, with a neat and original design.

Comment

Originally posted by EpicJon View Post
          can you please post more pics?

-EJon
          I would but like I said, Lighting isn't done yet.
          It wouldn't be any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Poker View Post
            Quite good in many ways. It definitely echoes PowerSurge but it's plenty unique too ... the retractable bridge is a pretty clever design, and the missile strike is a cool twist on the usual core-drain thing.

FPS can drop pretty low when at the edges looking back toward the center, so maybe toss in some more height fog and trim down the culling distance.

Also, at some nodes, on the bottom levels, there's something interfering with collision because you can't hit pickups or enter vehicles.

As a rule I'm not a fan of WAR/ONS maps without terrain since they're heavily dependent on flyers, but this is a nice map overall, with a neat and original design.
            Thanks for the comment.
            I actually havent added any heightfog yet and I haven't optimized, so there is actually no cull distance yet. Ill look at the collisions again. Thanks.

Comment

[QUOTE=jayoplus;25332229]WAR-Reinforcement

Also, the PS3 version will be cooked on later releases. I haven't done any optimization yet, and I wouldn't want to bother when it may not run smoothly and have people complain about it. Please, Bear with me, thanks.

Any update on when the ps3 beta release will be? I promise i wont complain about it. hehe keep up the good work man.thanks

Comment

Yea, I should have the next beta within the next week.
                Trying to finish up adding lighting and sound effects.
                Then I'll start optimizing for performance.

Comment

Found a few bugs:
                  http://www.faclanhosting.be/UT3-Movi...nforcement.wmv

1. Jumppad that doesn't work.
                  2. Weaponlocker that doesn't work and makes bot fly. ( happened more then once at the same locker! )

Suggestions:
                  1. Add low gravity because there are a lot of jumps where you get to much damage.

Comment

Yes, you are right, I have decided to make it low gravity.

Comment

Really promising Can't find the download link on the Filefront site

Comment

I took the dl link down.
                        Don't have the time for the map anymore, I have other stuff going on. I have an unpublished file for anyone to use.

Comment

So are you pm me a download link?

Comment

Thanks!

Please PM this to me as well and I'll double check with him on what parts he plans to work on. I'd like to simply optimize and cook for PS3....

Comment

Originally posted by Duragesic View Post
                              Please PM this to me as well and I'll double check with him on what parts he plans to work on. I'd like to simply optimize and cook for PS3....
                              If you can get this done & the creator's happy, I'd be interested in a copy of the cooked file, please ...

Comment

Working...
                              X