Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WAR-ZeroImpact Final Release (PC/PS3) Download + Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-ZeroImpact Final Release (PC/PS3) Download + Pics

Name: WAR-ZeroImpact / WAR-ZeroImpact-Day
    Version: 5.0 Beta
    Compatibility: UT3 (PC patch 1.2) and (PS3 Patch 1.10)
    Players: 8-32
    Author: brianXm

Description: This is a UT3 conversion of my UT2004 Onslaught map. This is not a strait conversion. I have made a few changes in this UT3 version to accommodate Warefare game play.

Back Story: Winter has set in on the Enidlareg plane and in this icy impact crater, factions collide for control of the most precious of commodities, Water. The reservoir has been drained and the battle lines have been drawn. Controlling the facilities power grid is the key to capturing this strategic resource..

Comments:

Features:
    • 360 degree bi-directional conveyor belt/moving walkway.
    • Hyper jumppads for the Hover Board (flying is an option)
    • Two prime nodes per Core.

Play Dynamics:
    • Whan the enemy captures both prime nodes, the gate doors in the reservoir wall and the core maintenance doors will switch to there default open positions due to an electrical interruption. This will not occure when the single prime node setup is in play (9 players or less).
    • The North standalone nodes when captured and held will spawn a Levi and Cicada.
    • The Middle standalone nodes when captured and held will spawn a DarkWalker and open the gate doors to the middle node structure.

This is the Final Release.

Download:

PC
    Night Map: WAR-ZeroImpact.zip

Day Map: WAR-ZeroImpact-Day.zip

PS3
    Night Map: PS3-WAR-ZeroImpact.zip

Day Map: PS3-WAR-ZeroImpact-Day.zip

Beta 2 Changes:
    • Went to more of a daylight/twilight setting.
    • Introduced fog and cull distances that will help with FPS.
    • Added DW and tank and then took away air vehicles from bases.
    • Added Cicada to Levi stand alone nodes.
    • Extensive terrain and lighting work.

Beta 3 Changes:
    • Map was split into Night/Daytime versions.
    • Added crystal spires for some added deco.
    • Added a air vehicle back to bases and removed the DW.
    • Tweaked lighting and Kismet.
    • Many small adjustment to numerous to mention.

Beta 4 Changes:
    • Link setup is now based upon initial player count. eight or more players will activate a two prime link setup. Seven or less players will activate a one prime link setup, with the deactivated link setups prime node being locked for the opposing team.
    • Lower prime node line of sight problem fixed. Can no longer dominate the Lower prime node from the upper middle node area.
    • Redeemer is now a little more difficult to pick up.
    • Turrets added to the lower primes and middle upper node.
    • Lower level building entry has been created at the middle node. Tanks will not be able to use this entry way.
    • Hover boards ramp boost box size adjusted. Now has a smaller foot print.
    • Standard teleporters have been placed at the Levi stand alone nodes that will transport you directly to the middle node upper level.

Beta 5 Changes:
    • Tweaked link setup, ten or more players will activate a two prime link setup. Nine or less players will activate a one prime link setup, with the deactivated link setups prime node being locked for the opposing team.
    • Changed/Added additional lighting.
    • Added some additional architectural elements.
    • Completed many finishing touches.
    • Many small adjustment to numerous to mention.

Credits: Myself and the UT3 community in general.

Screenshots: Night / Day

[shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIB501.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIDB501.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIB502.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIDB502.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIB503.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIDB503.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIB504.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3betaRC5/ZIDB504.jpg[/shot]

I like it...I like it alot. Nice work.

Comment

OMG, this map is simply amazing! Did you convert some staticmeshes from UT2004?
      Keep up the good work- I love this huuuge map!

Comment

Awesome map!!!!

In-game action screenshot:

[shot]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/JelleMees/Unreal%20Tournament%203/sshot-3-1.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it so far!

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
          OMG, this map is simply amazing! Did you convert some staticmeshes from UT2004?
          Keep up the good work- I love this huuuge map!
          The only thing I used from UT2004 were the brushes that I imported using an early version of the UT3 Converter utility found in these very forums. The first beta will be much more refined and finished than this version. This version was more of a layout check to get a sense of how people liked it.

Besides the Kismet sequences, I still have a great amount of work to complete. Such as:
          • Adding ambient sounds.
          • Core destruction end sequences.
          • Refining the terrain.
          • Improving FPS on the map
          • Balancing the Weapons and Vehicles.

Comment

Overall this map is ridicoulous!!! Im loving the size and the amount of vehicles available. We definetly need more maps like this for the ps3 community. keep up the good work bro. thanks for everything

Comment

Originally posted by NOOTSAC View Post
              Overall this map is ridicoulous!!! Im loving the size and the amount of vehicles available. We definetly need more maps like this for the ps3 community. keep up the good work bro. thanks for everything
              This map is a little "over the top" at the moment. My goal is to make this a fun map to play as well as challenging. This map will make more sense once I introduce the Kismet sequences and I refine the weapons and vehicles a bit.

Just so you know, I went out and bought a PS3 a couple of weeks ago just so I could support my map and future maps on the PS3 platform. It's a great game machine and it plays blue-ray Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by brianXm View Post
                This map is a little "over the top" at the moment. My goal is to make this a fun map to play as well as challenging. This map will make more sense once I introduce the Kismet sequences and I refine the weapons and vehicles a bit.

Just so you know, I went out and bought a PS3 a couple of weeks ago just so I could support my map and future maps on the PS3 platform. It's a great game machine and it plays blue-ray Thanks!
                thats what im talkin about! What other futeure projects are u working on? I have seen tons of custom maps on the old ut2k4 pc game and would love to see someone convert them. Some of the nicer maps come from the [UNR] clan and the (A.S.S) clan. ever heard of them? I wonder if we can get them.hmmm???i look into it

Comment

Yeah this map is pretty crazy. Different and fun for sure. You mentioned it already but there are some definite framerate drops on the map, especially while in the air. They are horrible but very noticeable. BTW this is the ps3 version I tested.

Comment

PS3 version is the only one I've tested. Horrible framerate drops, but this is one heck of a fun map to play, even with the noticably low-res textures (then again, this IS an alpha build). Just got to hate using the DarkWalker here, though. As slow as it is, it'd take forever to get to the next node. XD

Both the PC and PS3 community needs more Warfare maps.

Comment

Originally posted by NOOTSAC View Post
                      thats what im talkin about! What other futeure projects are u working on? I have seen tons of custom maps on the old ut2k4 pc game and would love to see someone convert them. Some of the nicer maps come from the [UNR] clan and the (A.S.S) clan. ever heard of them? I wonder if we can get them.hmmm???i look into it
                      I may convert my other map Bittersands to UT3 WAR, but I would rather work on something new, I'm not sure what that would be right now. The (A.S.S) clan helped beta test my ONS maps a while back. I might work on a DM map. I have never mapped DM before, so I may do that

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
                      Yeah this map is pretty crazy. Different and fun for sure. You mentioned it already but there are some definite framerate drops on the map, especially while in the air. They are horrible but very noticeable. BTW this is the ps3 version I tested.
                      I'm playing around with culldistances and replacing high polly meshes with lower meshes and removing some meshes entirely.

The problem is that this is such a wide open map, that trying to occlude areas of the map is almost impossible, especially from the air. When looking from the perimeter of the map towards the center, frame rates are bad and worse from the air. The PS3 version of this map may need to be a ground based map (no air vehicles).

Originally posted by scarslasher View Post
                      PS3 version is the only one I've tested. Horrible framerate drops, but this is one heck of a fun map to play, even with the noticably low-res textures (then again, this IS an alpha build). Just got to hate using the DarkWalker here, though. As slow as it is, it'd take forever to get to the next node. XD

Both the PC and PS3 community needs more Warfare maps.
                      The DarkWalker may need to be moved to the center node or taken out entirely.

I notice the texture resolution drop also (PS3), but only when I play against bots. I'm inclined to think that this is a memory management issue because (bot play) takes up additional processing/memory resources and therefor texture quality in the map drops during play. I need to find a way to fix this.

This map may not be a good candidate for a PS3 release because of this issue of the low-res textures.

Comment

Beta 1 version released..

Download:

PC
                        http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3/WAR-ZeroImpact_beta01.zip

PS3
                        The PS3 beta version of this map works better than the alpha version but still has some issues with dropped texture resolutions.

http://www.myfatlist.com/UT3/WAR-ZeroImpact_b1.zip

Any level of feedback is welcome..... Thanks!

Comment

PS3 players.

Please let me know of my changes improve FPS and Texture quality in some way. I will continue to tweak th map (reduce content) to improve gameplay as I release additional betas.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by brianXm View Post
                            PS3 players.

Please let me know of my changes improve FPS and Texture quality in some way. I will continue to tweak th map (reduce content) to improve gameplay as I release additional betas.

Thanks!
                            All GOW members have dowloaded and we are playing this all the time. As Nootsac said the size is perfect and the strategy behind this map is complex. I personally love the new additions and the maps look is great. I love all the vehicles at the center node and the two nodes on the lower level. Great work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_WarHoRe View Post
                              All GOW members have dowloaded and we are playing this all the time. As Nootsac said the size is perfect and the strategy behind this map is complex. I personally love the new additions and the maps look is great. I love all the vehicles at the center node and the two nodes on the lower level. Great work!!!
                              I'm glad you like it so far! The good news is that I'm pretty much done with the map. The things I have left to do is:
                              • Decrease the height fog distance and allign the cull distance accordingly. This should reduce the amount of renderable/viewable assets at any given time which will improve FPS.
                              • Improve lighting. Some lighting is still very harsh.
                              • Add togglable lights at the reservoir wall gates when the gates are raised.
                              • Terrain still needs to be more refined.
                              • Decrease the AvrIl count in the map by two and reduce the amount of available ammo.

Beta 2 should be released in a few weeks....

Comment

Working...
                              X