Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-AS-433-le101_BETA3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-AS-433-le101_BETA3

Name:Ctf-AS-433-LE101 beta3
    Version:3
    Compatibility:UT3
    Description:Remake of old ut-99 ctf-map. It's my favourite.
    Comments:Added a camera and monitors to view the central hall. Speeds up gameplay and tactics. Please try out and enjoy and let me know how it can be improved....

Thanx and see ya
    Psycho K

Screenshot:
    Credits: The unknown maker of ut-99 433 and myself Psycho K ;-)
    Homepage:
    Download:http://files.filefront.com/CTF+AS+43.../fileinfo.html

wow nice looks very interesting if i played CTF i would try it out for ya but i dont but from the pics wow well done

Comment

Wow, those are some seriously bright LED's.

Comment

stand in front of em and you have a nice camping spot...

Comment

Freaking AWESOME

Comment

looks nice, but it needs some improvement It already has potential, but work on adding 1. a heightfog, every map should have one and 2. the lighting, give it a more realistic feel with the lights. Don't just use white, experiment with colors, with the radius and brightness. Thats what can make or break a map - the lighting of the enviroment. So work on that a bit and just experiment. When i make my maps, i delete all lights, and redo them about 5 times til i get the look i want. So just play around

-EJon

Comment

I wouldn't change a thing. Gameplay and graphics are ok.

Comment

Map is installed on this Server

Name: Vulcanion.com powered by clanserver4.u.de
                IP: 195.13.62.22:27700
                MoD: ZeroPing Instagib Capture The Flag

Comment

My opinion...

-All lighting needs to be re-vamped.
                  -Blue and red glowing thingies need to go or be changed.

Your level design is very solid looking! No errors to speak of...but i'm not a hardcore gamer.

Again...just my opinion.

Comment

Hi Epicjon,
                    Thnx for ur comment, but this thing about the colours...I thought I had that covered using red, blue and yellow and yello/white lights. But still I will look to make those lights better. I know this is up for improvement. ty.
                    I aim to have a good overview of the map to get old ut-99-players to like it. How can I obtain a good overview with a heightfog. I agree it looks a bit more realistic, but I ask myself what it would do for the gameplay.
                    How did you get that gears of war look in ur map btw. I think it's very special.

Psycho K

Comment

Hi Hideinlight.
                      Difficult to stand in front of those fluorescent lights. The only places are the side entrances. Then you need to much players to cover those spots. I guess every map has spots where camping is possible. Can't avoid that.

Psycho K

Comment

Hi Vulcano,

Thnx for installing my map on your server. I will visit your server today and play with ya guys.

Psycho K

Comment

Hi Spectre,
                          Thnx for your opinion. It is as good as any. This is my first ctf map so I have to learn a lot still. What do ya mean with "re-vamped"? btw, Red and blue thingies give this map a face. I would have to find a good replacement for that. I tried using real cloth flags but this is killing for the performance. I had a red flag and got it flapping on a light breeze.
                          Perhaps you know how to add real cloth flags in red and blue to replace thes bright lights and keeping performance good?

Comment

Hi Jellerogermees,

Thnx dude

Psycho K

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoKillaaah View Post
                              Hi Spectre,
                              Thnx for your opinion. It is as good as any. This is my first ctf map so I have to learn a lot still. What do ya mean with "re-vamped"?
                              Putting aside the red and blue glow sticks....

Decrease brightness, radius, and fall-off on the "area" lights. Make the corners a little darker and the surfaces less washed out. And you don't need to have a light on every glowing piece of a mesh. As for the colored halls, etc.....give them more of a hint of color. Rather than the flood of color.

In my opinion...your best screenshot is the fifth one. (still a bit much aqua for my taste)

As I mentioned earlier....It looks like a great map for proof of design skills. Lighting needs help.

Comment

Working...
                              X