• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Wicked I love this map!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bump for new version: release candidate 1, link in first post...... enjoy....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, the Darkwalker is an exception. I like the DW but think the main turret aim should be a bit faster and more responsive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even the holy Darkwalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks Tenebre... I have done a few things to fix up this map already. I am putting it and all other projects on hold until the expansion comes out. I'm hoping some serious changes are made to UT3 which could potentially effect my current ONS 2.0 map/mod projects..

sorry but I dont really like many of the necris vehicles too much and they will be used very sparingly in my projects...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah Dawn! <3

Exellent news to see again this map!

First, i think that gameplay is very good, its really near the UT2004 one, so the map is already more than very good!
    Very good BUT there are little details which could be improved:

- Lights of the map: i know its the dawn of the sun but it makes vehicles be very dark from red side, and really more brighten from the other with hudge shadows, it is realist but i am not a great fan of it because of the dark:

- Trees: which are really nice, but they nearly all have little blocking volumes, and have aggressive lines and corners at their base (is it possible to make them more rounded?)

- Mushrooms: in old Dawn, we could go down or up them, maybe change the mushrooms that would allow the same things:
    remplaced by mushrooms took in DM-Sporine:

- Delete foating grasses ^^ :

I hope that you will make an all necris version of this map, which could be awesome with darkwalkers and co (like all remakes of ONS maps)

Nevertheless, you did a great job, keep it up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cant wait until this comes out. One of the best ons-remakes so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the feedback, final version will have more decoration. Upldated screenshots in the first post.

I could use some feedback on the manta deluxe. I have heard that multi hoverboard towing doesnt work so well. If the tow beams of riders get crossed it causes loss of connection to the manta. I dont think thats part of the manta scripts... I have also heard that the manta deluxe may cause a server to crash?

I may end up having to reduce the # of possible towable hoverboarders..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Sanchez

I fix the prob. In fact the file "VH_Manta_Deluxe_Assets.upk" should be in the "Package" directory. I put the file there & prob solved

About the map, wich I still play in UT2004, there was things that I would like to suggest but still, I don't know if you want to stay the most faithful possible or your willing to do some changes or additions to make the map look better ?

Layout, items placements, atmosphere are fine I think.

It's more about visuals, adding other rocks & trees for cover, enhance some washed out textures like some part of the terrain, rocks, etc.

It may sound a lot but this baby deserve the UT3 level graphic treat and TBH, the look could be enhanced, more detailed.

I say that before posting pics and such because maybe you intent to make the map final soon and your happy about the way it is ATM.

If your not in the hurry and are willing to apply some changes/additions, send me a PM, I'll give you my MSN name so it will be easier to discuss.

THX

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map works for me but it did take a couple minutes for it to load up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Steve, try manually placing the files from the .zip into their proper locations... I know the map works.

dosse, you will have to direct your question about the trees to Repent, who made them:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620187

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can i have all the crysis_contents packages? i'm trying to make a natural map and i need them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    here are the trees I used, credit to Repent:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/...ld_3.1_SRC.rar

I changed them though. I exported the texture and used photoshop to change the foliage colors.

I dont want to change the map too much from the original 2k4 map... I will consider this though...
    thanks for the trees!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Sanchez

I wanted to play the map but the map didn't load (precaching), game crash going back on the desktop

I simply extract all the files in the default folders but it look like somethings are missing ? Here is the log :

Log: Missing cached shader map for material Boulder1
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material Boulder1-for_rocks
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material Dark_Dirt1
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material Ground3
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material hill_tree_large_grey_green
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material hill_tree_large_grey_green_leaves
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material redleaves_Mat
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material yellowleaves_Mat
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_UN_Terrain_Grass_03
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material Mud1
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material Mud_Rock
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_UN_Rock_BSP_Rock09_Mossy
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_UN_Terrain_Rock_07
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_UN_Terrain_Rock_07-2
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_UN_Terrain_SandRock_01-1
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material screenshotholder
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material ship3
    Log: Missing cached shader map for material talir_Mat
    Critical: appError called:
    Critical: Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
    Cannot create textures at run-time in the game [unable to find VH_Manta_Deluxe_Assets]
    Stack:
    Critical: Windows GetLastError: Seule une partie d'une requête ReadProcessMemory ou WriteProcessMemory a été effectuée. (299)
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
    Cannot create textures at run-time in the game [unable to find VH_Manta_Deluxe_Assets]
    Stack:

Any idea ???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you Sanchez

I have been bugging you to work on this map.

Dawn is one of my favorite maps.

When it goes final we will put it on the UGL Warfare Ladder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X