X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS-Dawn Revisited Release Candidate1 [pc download]

Version: RC1

Compatibility: UT3 PC patch 1.3

Description: After almost a year in the making this map is almost done. Based on ONS-Dawn from Unreal Tournament 2004.
    [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/dawnnode.jpg[/shot]

Comments: sorry, ps3 most likely will not play this due to the custom textures. *Note: this was not intentional

Credits Flybye for doing the bulk of the creation. Sanch3z for finishing it up. Hourences for the original 2k4 map.. Thanks to Tenebre and 5thSymphony for their testing and feedback. Also thanks to GOW PacerX, Noot, and BigDog for helping bring real ONS to UT3.

Changes from previous version(s):
    *2 node link setups to choose from:
    -----1.default is no orb
    -----2.Orb, with orb

*no mods embedded. This map is intended for use with the ONS 2.0 mutator [WIP] but will work fine in Warfare gametype.
    *fixed floating meshes
    *fixed improper collision on small plants that blocked weapon fire.
    *more decoration

I do take feedback that people give into consideration unfortunately not all things can be implemented properly.

If the only feedback you have to give is how I should decorate this map, save those ideas for your own map.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?ma0tndrlimm

Wow man this is great ... just great work. My no.1 ONS map brought to life in UT3. Thanks very much for this. I love this hi-res textures ... they really give the map life. It looks amazing. I had to post to this thread since I have been waiting for this level for months ... being patient paid off. Just like I always say to people ... be patient and the good stuff will come.

Comment

Framedrops to 36 on my rig. I have to admit, it was always in vehicles so as a player you don't really feel it in your mousemovements.

I found a bug, an invisible wall:

[shot]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/JelleMees/sshot-25.jpg[/shot]

Another high-res screeny:

[shot]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/JelleMees/sshot-10-2.jpg[/shot]

Comment

thanks.... You only had 36 fps with the system in your sig? I only have dual core, well and 8800 gtx and I was getting much better frames than that.....How many bots?

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
          thanks.... You only had 36 fps with the system in your sig? I only have dual core, well and 8800 gtx and I was getting much better frames than that.....How many bots?
          I didn't say 36fps. I sad framedrops to 36. I play on 1600x1200 16xAF with 31 bots.

Comment

ahh ok I misunderstood you.... and I took care of the invisible wall. The grass meshes had block all for collision..

Comment

Originally posted by JelleRogermees View Post
              I didn't say 36fps. I sad framedrops to 36. I play on 1600x1200 16xAF with 31 bots.
              Well no wonder it drops ... 32 bots on this level ... hah! Dawn was not designed to hold that many bots and perform well at all times. And plus you only have ONE 8800GT and while it is good card it has its limits. I run dual 8800s and I tried having 32 bots on fully maxed settings at 1680x1050 res and I also dipped into the mid 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                Well no wonder it drops ... 32 bots on this level ... hah! Dawn was not designed to hold that many bots and perform well at all times. And plus you only have ONE 8800GT and while it is good card it has its limits. I run dual 8800s and I tried having 32 bots on fully maxed settings at 1680x1050 res and I also dipped into the mid 40s.
                I play Medal of Honor Airborn on 2048x1536 4xAF with ONE GT.
                I play America's Army on 2048x1536 16xAF with ONE GT.
                I play Gears of War on 2048x1536 4xAF with ONE GT.

You say "only one", but 4 cores at 3.6Ghz boosts performance "a little bit"

I only play UT3 on 1600x1200 because the performance difference from map to map is to big. I can play many maps with 200+, most maps 100+ but many WAR and VCTF maps have lower framerates with many bots.

I will upgrade my PC once more ( graphics card ) when I am forced to play lower then 1600x1200 but ONE GT will do just fine for the upcoming year...

Comment

Well as I said I don't have those fps issues with this level and the only real difference between our systems is that you don't run dual 8800GTs in SLI. I don't why you are bringing up other games and how they run. But whatever. Anyway your choice about upgrading now or later. All I can tell you is I get really good performance running this level on my rig.

Comment

]
                    [b]Comments: sorry, ps3 most likely will not play this due to the custom textures. *Note: this was not intentional

anyway that u could post the ps3 version so i can test it? Or have u done that already. If u could i would really appreciate it.thanks

Comment

Ah ah ah ... remember what Mark Rein and Flak said about bugging people about a PS3 release. He has already stated that there is not going to be one so I think it would be best to just accept that and move on to another level that works on the PS3 for you.

Comment

there is no ps3 version. The original person that started this map put a bunch of custom textures in it, some which are at least 4096 big and will not work on ps3....

Comment

bump for new version in first post...

Comment

Thank you Sanch3z

Comment

looks and sounds nice
                              downloading now

Comment

Working...
                              X