No announcement yet.

Morpheus-beta2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job so far. I love what you did with the inside of the buildings.
    A few problems are that the stars look like wallpaper, and the city is too small. If you want a reference to how the city should look, check this map: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=605040

Comment

Looks awesome - can't wait for the final cook!

Any update?

Comment

its coming slowly its been finished for a while now but i cant add the menu preview and its doing my head in grrrrr...

RTS: On previous versions of morpheus you were not able to see the buildings so your lucky that you can see them at all lol the concept of this map is that the tower are the new breed of skyscrapers that are hugh and tower over 500ft in the air... so the city of morpheus below would look like this or maybe even further away...

thanks for the interest guys i am trying my hardest

Comment

I like what I see so far.

Morpheus was by far the most original map ever created for UT. Its simplistic design; three towers makes for amazing game play. Interestingly enough, this was actually the first map I ever played on the UT99 demo, which pretty much started my UT "career".

What I like about this map:

1. Good textures.

I really like what you've done here. The map itself has a really dark quality to it, and that's something I've liked about Morpheus.

2. Original Gameplay

Playing this map brings me back to the old days, where I would play online with a few friends. Whenever I asked what map to play first, it was always MORPHEUS! I'm glad I can feel like that in this map too.

3. Lighting

Again, it's dark, but areas are still well-lit. It's subtle, and gives it a really spacey quality. I like the reflections off the windows on the buildings.

1. The skybox wasn't properly used. I haven't mapped much, but I know that you're supposed to make the skybox elsewhere on the map in UED, then add some kind of actor to make the player see that box as a sky.

2. The city below doesn't look like it's very... far away. If you could increase the height of the towers by... A LOT, it would give a better appeal.

3. If you do make the city higher, make sure you use that blur-effect thing, so you get a better depth of field on the whole city. For reference, look at DM-Gateway.

4. Make the towers higher. From what I remember, the distance from the jump pad to the top of the first tower wasn't so little. It was actually a lot higher.

Overall, this is a good map, and I will be playing it much in the near future.

And now, time to study for some English test or something.

Comment

thx for news avit m8 and waooo ....nice comment kuldeep : )

Comment

Originally posted by Kuldeep View Post
              1. The skybox wasn't properly used. I haven't mapped much, but I know that you're supposed to make the skybox elsewhere on the map in UED, then add some kind of actor to make the player see that box as a sky.
              Wrong. That's the way it used to be done. Now you put the sky dome mesh and all the other background elements physically around the playable area.
              If you take a look in the editor at some of the stock maps , you'll see that's how Epic did it too.

Comment

yes thank you for your comment Kuldeep constructive thanks and fortunately most of them issues are solved now if not all lol... your the type person that this map is being made for I have tried my best to get the gameplay as close as i can and when theres a few people playing this map it completely changes for the better i hope im still working on this **** screenshot its just mot happening anyway will keep you posted

Comment

still no success on the map preview pic im affraid would you all mind if there was not a screenshot as i really want to get this map released

Comment

I hope this will help:
                    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ht=preview+pic

Comment

looks very nice!
                      im looking forward for the final version!

Comment

Originally posted by bn_avit View Post
                        still no success on the map preview pic im affraid would you all mind if there was not a screenshot as i really want to get this map released

Well, seeing how I will be playing it on the PS3, the screenshot will not matter for me.

Are you cooking for PS3, by the way? I just assumed by the blue/red thread icon.

Comment

yes i hope to release morpheus for PS3 in the near future

Comment

Any success on the screenshot yet?

Comment

Downloading now, hope this is better than the terrible rip off of Morpheus 99' that is Phobetor

Comment

Great gameplay, perfect size, but lacks polish....
                                If you do a future version:
                                1.Add a dull light that doesn't accept shadows and make it a colour to suit the level (orange maybe?) just to give the level a better colour, as it is there is too many diffrent colours.
                                2.Make a bigger killzvolume at the bottom - several times I fell through the map I was using deemer.
                                3.Perhaps add some very light heightfog
                                4.Maybe use a little scene destauration - 0.2 maybe?
                                5.Make those ambient sounds in the 'rooms' quieter.

Just some of my ideas

Comment

Working...
                                X