Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heja FreEp,

Thats...very helpful . Really
    Never before I saw that kind of enthusiasm in constructive criticism!
    I will try to realize your suggestions as best as I can.

The water fits not 100% because of the patternsize I choose for the terrain. I just changed the water texture and now its much smoother on the edges as it was with the texture before but the terrains patternsize limits the look a little. I will try to modify but cant promise.

The gras is 'flying' in some areas and I will fix it, also try to make it a little more transparent or less green.

The Teleporter...hmmm...I dont agree to your suggetsion. I place it to the deepest point and near the core because thats the point where you teleport in UT2004. Deepest point because its the easiest area to reach when you want to teleport.

Original Torlan UT2004 music is still in the map. I put it inside the music arrangement that comes new with UT3. There are 4 soundtracks included for every possible situation. There is an Intro Sound, an Ambient Sound, an Action Sound (the orig. UT2004), and a victory sound (UT3 version of classic Torlan sound). If you are in combat situations the engine plays your desired music, if you just walk around or camp the ambient sound is playing.

The colours. I like it as it is but will try some settings and let you hear or post some example pictures.

You mentioned some ideas with Kismet and the HillTop Node? If you have a solution I will add it to a couple more Link Setups (with and without Orb).

Finally I start a brand new and very interesting hands-on training next week and have to prepare myself for this challenge. It could be take a little longer till next release but I will work on the map a little every day.

If you will find more glitches, let me hear please! Im very pleased with your helpful suggestions and have to thank you a lot FreEp!

Regards

Comment

Cosmix, it's very nice to hear, that your like this kind of constructive criticism. Your are a very good mapper (your maps really kicks ***) and Torlan coversion is incredible perfect. Simply the best map converted from UT2004.

Can you make a typical music soundtrack, without arrangement that comes new with UT3? You now- just one music during all level It's just my opinion, sugestion.

You mentioned some ideas with Kismet and the HillTop Node? If you have a solution I will add it to a couple more Link Setups (with and without Orb).
      I really suck in Kismet, but I saw here some people that are really good in Warfare maps and Kismet (BigDog, Sanchez, Bret Hitt)- try to ask them.

Finally I start a brand new and very interesting hands-on training next week and have to prepare myself for this challenge. It could be take a little longer till next release but I will work on the map a little every day.
      Can you tell something more about this project? Or maybe a teaser screen****?

If you will find more glitches, let me hear please!
      I'm going to test more Torlan2004 tomorrow, but I'm sure that this version is almost perfect. I'll try to play on Torlan with my friends- maybe I'll find more suggestion, becouse bots in UT3 are a bit... strange

Comment

what did you use to make the vid?

Comment

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
          Can you tell something more about this project? Or maybe a teaser screen****?
          Its real life and has nothing to do with Unreal I can tell you that I will work in an engineering office for 3 month practice. Its part of my education. Atm I have one week holidays but within the week I'll learn and study for that work. So I have only less time for mapping. Maybe next weekend I need a break and can continue with Torlan.

Originally posted by TheRalfZer0 View Post
          what did you use to make the vid?
          I make use of Cyberlink PowerDirector. Its affordable (approx. 80€) and has some good encoders included. You can directly encode and upload to YouTube from this program. Also there are a plenty of filters for the video cut.
          Within the game for the 'Actors' I use the RypleCam Mutator. Very handy thing!

Comment

Its real life and has nothing to do with Unreal I can tell you that I will work in an engineering office for 3 month practice. Its part of my education. Atm I have one week holidays but within the week I'll learn and study for that work. So I have only less time for mapping. Maybe next weekend I need a break and can continue with Torlan.
            The same here- I study tourism and I have 2 month practice- from may to june :/ Keep your time- but I really waiting for final release! If I find some more glitches- I'll post some screenshots.

Comment

Ok, I found some time and upgraded the map to a final state and probably last Beta. I fixed most located problems and tweaked the map as best as I can. Btw, thx for all suggestions. Special thanks to FreEp, you gave me great support! The whole map is small in video memory usage and amount of triangles. So it should run fine on weaker machines. Some responds in this case would be interesting.

Major changes in Beta3 are as follows:
              - Discussed Textures now fit to the StaticMeshes
              - One more Orb Spawner at HillTop Node
              - Performance tweaks within the whole map
              - Nodes now have Announcer Sounds
              - Remove of floating grass (brighter in colour)
              - Botpathing is improved
              - ReverbVolume for a hall-effect when crossing bridge in Comm-Tower
              - Music arrangement is adjusted a little
              - Some graphical enhances

DOWNLOAD BETA 3a
              WAR-Torlan[UT2004]-BETA3a.zip

Finally, if there are no big exceptions, I will release the map tomorrow evening. Have a nice Easter!

Comment

Looks like the Color Control mutator is a must for this level. Can't you tweak the saturation levels in the map settings somewhere so it doesn't look washed out?

Comment

sweet! Thanks for the continued production.

Comment

Uhh, you are right D-Hunter! Didnt make notice of that while I have tried to equal colours to original UT2004 Torlan. I will reset colours to the Beta2 state, they looked much better there.

Comment

I reseted colours and uploaded version Beta3a.

Comment

I simply love all changes from beta2 to beta3a Meshes are perfect now, even 'windows' in the top of towers in each base In my opinion you can rename it and release as final version

Nice and happy Easter!

Comment

I can't download it from F***ING FileFront!!!!!!!!!!
                          Why can't I download ANY!! files from FF?

EDIT: Forget it. I finally made it. Huh, it took me 10 minutes until he allowed me to download it.

Comment

Nice but I will release final version in 2-3 hours. You dont have to download twice then.

Comment

OK, map is final now. Please follow the link to 'Full Releases'.
                              http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607399

Comment

Working...
                              X