Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-Torlan[UT2004] - UT2004 Torlan to UT3 Total Conversion -

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    WAR-Torlan[UT2004] - UT2004 Torlan to UT3 Total Conversion -

    Name:WAR-Torlan[UT2004]
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT3

    Actually Im working on an UT2004 classical map, ONS-Torlan.
    In the beginning I only wanted to learn the new Editor and started to sample something but the map plays funny with that old-style look and I decided to complete it. My goal is a 1:1 conversion with old-style graphics and original UT2004 static meshes. There are only two exceptions, the Node near CentralNode upside the hill is a StandaloneNode now. Both teams can capture it at anytime. The other exception is a SpiderMinePortable near this Node, because there are no more SpiderMineLaunchers. At last there is no Orb within the map.





    I made a video you can watch at YouTube or download HQ version from FileFront.

    YouTube
    HighQuality@FileFront

    DOWNLOAD BETA 3a
    WAR-Torlan[UT2004]-BETA3a.zip

    #2
    This looks sweet... can't wait

    Comment


      #3
      omg if can all maps of UT2004 to UT3 I can uninstall UT2004

      are you going to convert all maps too ?
      looks like very fun ! cant wait

      Comment


        #4
        It looks incredible!!!
        Just like Buffy said- convert all maps from UT2004 Torlan looks identical

        Comment


          #5
          ZOMG I Wanna play this one

          Comment


            #6
            thank you i never love ut3 version this one looks great

            Comment


              #7
              please tell me you're gonna put the real torlan music into this, and not the music from lavagiant (skyward fire)

              Comment


                #8
                I think this map would be complete with an orb used in it in both bases. People can always use the noorb mutator.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thx for reply. Many UT2004 converts are actually in process and I saw some really good maps. So there will be nothing left after a while.

                  Originally posted by Andeh View Post
                  please tell me you're gonna put the real torlan music into this, and not the music from lavagiant (skyward fire)
                  Nice idea! Done

                  Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                  I think this map would be complete with an orb used in it in both bases. People can always use the noorb mutator.
                  If its possible I will include different Node Setups, also one with the orb but in my opinion the map is too small to use the orb wise.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    When the beta version will be ready for download? Can't wait :P!

                    If you can- covert one of the best map from UT2kX- DM-Aristocracy (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6295)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by FreEp View Post
                      When the beta version will be ready for download? Can't wait :P!

                      If you can- covert one of the best map from UT2kX- DM-Aristocracy (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6295)
                      DM-Aristocracy is a 9-Scorer @ Nali
                      Map is beautiful but a bit too much work doing this alone. Also this should be done by a DM guy because of best rescaling for all the jumps and so on. My favourite gametype is ONS (now Warfare). They will kill me if I finger this map

                      Beta is ready now for testing.

                      DOWNLOAD:
                      WAR-TorlanUT2004-BETA1.zip

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                        I think this map would be complete with an orb used in it in both bases. People can always use the noorb mutator.
                        you dont even need a mutator. Map creators can have multiple node linksetups with or without the orb.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
                          DM-Aristocracy is a 9-Scorer @ Nali
                          Map is beautiful but a bit too much work doing this alone. Also this should be done by a DM guy because of best rescaling for all the jumps and so on. My favourite gametype is ONS (now Warfare). They will kill me if I finger this map

                          Beta is ready now for testing.

                          DOWNLOAD:
                          WAR-TorlanUT2004-BETA1.zip
                          I can help with converting this map- I just have no idea how to convert meshes from UT2kX to UT3 Ofcourse first I will ask for a permission from TAZ (author of this map .


                          Torlan2004 is almost perfect- 10 thousands better than UT3's Torlan. I found some bugs- mainly with the graphic.

                          All textures are in "medium" quality- I'm sure that in UT2004 are better :/

                          You have to retexture this mesh in the centre building, here are some screenshots:



                          This grass on the hill-top is dissapearing (sorry for my English :P) :


                          You should also check again this tubes. They looks a bit strange :P



                          I'm not sure about the new node in the hill-top. Everybody should disscus it. In my opinion old node setup from UT2004 was perfect.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            This plants from UT2004 are also full of graphic errors- check them.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              After playing UT2004 I saw big diffrence lighting and colour scheme :


                              Original Torlan was very sunny, UT3 version is very dark and I see lack of colours. Can you change it?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X