No announcement yet.

DM-DG-NecrisIsland [Pics][Download] - Beta Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange- I have the same C++ error :O Never happen before...

Comment

Originally posted by KAZUYA217 View Post
      ***EDIT*** Now is even worst... If I want to run the map on the editor it crashed and close
      Try re-downloading the map in case you got a bad zip file.

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
      Strange- I have the same C++ error :O Never happen before...
      I'm doing nothing in my map any different than Epic's maps.
      It runs fine on all of my systems here and there have only been 3 reported cases of issues with almost 400 beta downloads.
      Try re-downloading the map in case you got a bad zip file. Also make sure that you are running the latest ATI or NVidia drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
        Try re-downloading the map in case you got a bad zip file.

I'm doing nothing in my map any different than Epic's maps.

It runs fine on all of my systems here and there have only been 3 reported cases of issues with almost 400 beta downloads.

Try re-downloading the map in case you got a bad zip file. Also make sure that you are running the latest ATI or NVidia drivers.
        I know man, its sounds weird and crazy, but no matter what, if I try to use your map, I can't play it.

I have downloaded your map like 10 times and always is the same, the game crashed after 5 seconds.

The only way I can play on your map is recooking it, I have already deleted the shade cache and still can't play it as is, I also was thinking of reinstalled the whole game, but man, that will take some time and then I have to reinstalled all the maps, mutators and characters and that's even more time.

Anyway, I don't play too much on the net and if I want to, well, I'll pick another map and keep yours to solo action.

Thanks for your attention to our problem and keep going with your ideas, I will keep an eye on you and your work and don't worry man, at least I'm able to play your map with bots.

Comment

Originally posted by KAZUYA217 View Post
          I know man, its sounds weird and crazy, but no matter what, if I try to use your map, I can't play it.

The only way I can play on your map is recooking it
          More annoying than weird...

If you recook the newest copy of the map you don't get any warnings or errors?
          The original error you were getting with the shader not compiling is a UE3 or NVidia bug, not my map. If a shader can't compile on a specific platform it is supposed to use the fallback shader.

If you don't get cooking errors can you send me the log file after doing a cook? It is the same as the one you sent me before. Just delete the current logs, run the editor and re-cook and exit the editor, and send the log that it creates before you run the game. I can PM you an email address.

There has to be some bug in the engine or driver that is not being handled properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
            More annoying than weird...

If you recook the newest copy of the map you don't get any warnings or errors?
            The original error you were getting with the shader not compiling is a UE3 or NVidia bug, not my map. If a shader can't compile on a specific platform it is supposed to use the fallback shader.

If you don't get cooking errors can you send me the log file after doing a cook? It is the same as the one you sent me before. Just delete the current logs, run the editor and re-cook and exit the editor, and send the log that it creates before you run the game. I can PM you an email address.

There has to be some bug in the engine or driver that is not being handled properly.
            Ok man, send your email address in a PM and as soon as I get the log I will send it to you.

The only error I get was the very first one that I told you here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=606471&page=8 after your corrections I was able to play your map only if I recooked it.

Also, when I get the Beta Final and tried to run it on the editor, sometimes the editor crashed and won't let me run it or cook it neither save it, but this only happens sometimes, not always.

Just PM your email address and I'll send you the log file.

Comment

This map (both Beta4 and Beta FINAL) crash my UT3 to the desktop with a C++ runtime error.
              I've never seen this happen before with any other custom map. This is the first crash I've experienced from within UT3.
              It's a shame because this map looks like a real work of art.......!
              I should mention that I'm using Nvidia drivers 169.44.

EDIT:
              I tried your solution in post 72 and I can load the map in the Unreal Editor. The map also plays in the editor.
              I tried cooking it and I received a successful message with no errors, but then the Unreal Editor stops responding and crashes.
              I should also point out that I'm not using the default UTGame directory in "My Documents". I'm using the "-nohomedir" switch to allow me to put all custom content into the main game directory.
              Could this be causing problems?

Comment

works great very nicemap clearly inspired by sanctuary but very ejoyable but... also like sanctuary is quite heavy on th graphics and stutters a little bit here and there but on the whole very nice map well done

Comment

Originally posted by Software Junkie View Post
                  This map (both Beta4 and Beta FINAL) crash my UT3 to the desktop with a C++ runtime error.

I tried cooking it and I received a successful message with no errors, but then the Unreal Editor stops responding and crashes.

I'm using the "-nohomedir" switch
                  I have no idea why it should be doing this for a small number of people. I am not doing anything odd in the map, and I'll guarantee that the CSG and other layout geometry are are clean as you can get. And for custom content there is only a handful of very simple meshes and a couple of materials with proper fallbacks.
                  My main map development system is even running an NVidia 8800 with 169 drivers, that's what I'm cooking it on. My second system is running ATI video and also runs the map flawlessly. And no one with PS3's complained of any issues. Plus all of the other people I game with have not had any crashes.

The home directory should not be an issue.
                  You could check the Launch.log after doing the cook to see if it listed anything for errors before the editor crash, but I doubt that it will.

There must be a glitch in the engine or the NVidia drivers on those specific hardware setups that is causing this.
                  If it gave some sort of error message then I might have an idea what it doesn't like in the map.

Comment

Runs, looks, and plays beautiful on the ps3. Need more maps like this. They show hard work and great skill.

Thanks for this awesome map.

Comment

Working...
                    X