No announcement yet.

DM-TokarisForest RC 3 (DM-TokaraForest Remake) *Updated 10-04-08*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, haven't really done any mapping in the last couple of months. Busy with RL. I'm hoping to maybe someday get back to this map and get a few others that I'd been working on out the door too.

Comment

Like to see the final soon.

Comment

This is still called "NecrisForest" in game.
        Also, please do not add overlapping text to the screenshot. You can put all of that info in the Readme and the Map Ini

You are also missing some cover compared to the 2K4 version, especially in the big round platform. In 2K4 there were Gen Mo'Kai lamps (Four of them), yours is empty. You also need some fences and some lights around the catwalks, just like the original.

Last thing: avoid renaming your map like that, just call it DM-TekarisForest and it will be fine. You can indicate that it is in Beta stage elsewhere (File archive, ReadMe). This way there is no need to go back and erase previous versions, and it prevents any errors that could possibly happen in the editor with the associated packages, as it is no longer called "Mylevel" but has the name of the map

Fine job otherwise on the remake, I will show this to my friend who likes Tokara Forest in 2K4.

Comment

Thanks! I'll take you input into consideration if I start mapping again. ;-)

Comment

Get this flippin' map released already. Just fix the music that doesnt loop, stick a preview image on it, and get it out

Comment

Hi BigDog feel free to priv me with any issues your having with this and ill D/L latest version and see if i can suss any of it for u... No promises but the looping music I should be able to figure out if nothing else..

Comment

Sorry guys, haven't gotten this deep in the forums lately w/o being distracted. Anyways, I've had a later version sitting on my hard drive for a few months that I think was pretty close to final, just never got around to posting it up until now. I think I've got everything tweaked and fixed in it.

I updated the first post with the download link and some new pictures.

Comment

BigDog!! !nk$linger here. Awesome port Bro. It is exacly what I would have imagined for UT3. I cannot think of any way it could be any better. A+++. Been playing it ever since you told gRiM and I about it earlier this afternoon. Thanks heaps for sharing this!

Comment

nice! but that terrain needs some lights i think

Comment

awesome map!
                      it really brings back the UT2004 feeling :P
                      to be honest, i dont know why it isnt the final version yet :P

i love the map!
                      good job!

Comment

Inky! Good to see you buddy!

Coreper... I actually did final out this map and submit it to MSUC Phase 2, just never got around to posting a thread in the Final Releases section.

http://www.fileplanet.com/192774/190...-TokarisForest

Comment

ah cool!
                          thanks!
                          did you change much since this version? [RC3]

Comment

I honestly wish I could remember exactly, but I don't think there were too many changes. Mostly cosmetic from what I can recall.

Comment

Can't believe I never picked this one up before! Gonna dl after work!

Comment

Me too - It was mentioned in another topic and I've been away an missed this beauty.

Off for 3 days on a local holiday and this will be the first map I play on return.

Thank you BigDog.

Comment

Working...
                                X