X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any progress? Needs music to be looped

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggles View Post
      Really nice job! I love this level. If it means anything, I definitely prefer the trees to a tech look.
      Couldn't agree more!

Originally posted by desan476 View Post
      I did not like this map in UT2004 but I love your UT3 version! Lightning is great - its dramatic and i have very good feeling about atmosphere. I love "atmospheric" maps like this! Gratz and Thanx :P
      These guys have said it all! If there's a more visually impressive map available then I must've missed it The only complaint I'd make is to Epic - they need to let us PS3 players go at it with higher player counts! Thanks for taking the time to cook this for the PS3, definitely a keeper Now if only I could play Sentinels on my PS3 ...

Comment

Hi, I was looking around for a remake of this one imho Tokara Forest was the most valuable map from UT2003/4, really love it. As for this version, it shure looks and plays great, but again this style thing
        It's kinda funny UT3 versions of CTF-Face, which always was this alien free-space map became a slightly asian style map with a lot of grass (!) and pretty nature effects at the same time Tokara Forest was this cool, original nature/chillout map, but in UT3 version it suddenly becomes high-tech one
        Anyway I really like your map, but if some n00b makes a direct rip of the old Tokara Forest for UT3, I might switch to the older original, for the warm, relaxing nature feeling

Comment

Thnx guys. Haven't had much time for mapping lately, but I might just whip up a more "natural" version of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
            Thnx guys. Haven't had much time for mapping lately, but I might just whip up a more "natural" version of the map.
            That would be most awesome. This map is one of the few custom ones I've downloaded, because it brings back memories. Myself, I'd like the columns to be replaced with trees like the original, but the shiny lights in the fog I like.

Comment

Love this map, Tokara was a map I used to entice some peeps to play UT2K4, this Version is pretty **** good, only downer is the jump pads when you use, you kinda fly where the jumpads send you, you loose all control over direction.

I'd have to give it an 8 (9 if jumpads weren't so annoying)

Thx so much for this map

Comment

Dont forget about this one man!

One other issue. I already highlighted that the music doesnt loop. Well, it appears as though you dont have it set as music - its the ambient volume that turns it up and down, not the music volume.

Comment

Didn't forget about this one, was actually working on it this weekend. Converted back to "natural" theme and hopefully have the music fixed.

This version isn't PS3 compatible as I've also added some custom materials that from what I understand are above the size limits for the PS3. PS3 players will have to play the old "tech" version of this map.

If I get positive feedback on this more "natural" theme, this is the one I'll final out the map on.

Here's some new pics.

Download link http://www.dogsofwarusa.com/dow/b1gd...sforestrc7.zip

*edit*

Apparently I didn't fix the music not looping. Dang.

Comment

I'm a ps3 user and if it doesnt work due to the limits I'm fine with that. I was wondering though if you could maybe recook the version we have now to see if it cooks at a normal size. Right now the file size is huge, which is weird as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Regardless, even with the tech version its still a good and fun map.

Comment

For some reason, the music can't be heard unless you turn up the ambient volume and not the music. Maybe you didn't put it into a sound group?

Comment

CAN U PLEASE MAKE THIS A VCTF this map is sooo badass!!! i want it wth more tho n i think vctf would work perfect!

Comment

Love it.

I think there is room for both the tech & the nature versions

My only faults are :

1. Music still comes under 'ambient' sounds though.
                          2. It would be nice to have a little air control when using the jump pads.
                          3. There are areas of terrain that are a bit 'sharp' - could do with some smoothing. And in some places the terrain stops you moving even though it doesnt look like it should (ie go and get the sniper gun on the floor from the shock rifle, going to the right of the tree it is behind - very awkward to get up).

Atmosphere is superb!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewofDoom View Post
                            For some reason, the music can't be heard unless you turn up the ambient volume and not the music. Maybe you didn't put it into a sound group?
                            That's where I'm being thrown for a loop. From what I recall, I imported the old music and just changed the references from the UT3 music I was using to the music I imported.

Comment

Is this still being worked on? Did it already go final... Im a big fan of this level.

Comment

Same here - get it released properly man, with preview shot and all!

Comment

Working...
                                X