WAR-Spires RC 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    On the ps3 the ground is rainbow textured.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hard to play 64 servers, becuase they make you lag, and it isn't more than a killing festival :S

/me hates maps with leviathans in it, becuase they're most of the time not good and only have overpowered with heavy vehicles..

But zerofrag has very good mapper, i am only now to lazy to test this map :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks and will do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First i must say what an amazing job Bigdog has done on the maps he has created .I did get the okay from bigdog to post the ps3 cook for this map.
    So here it is:www.UT3GOW.com
    Hey big remember any future progress or newly released map version that u come out with please send me an email at UT3Gods@gamil.com or send me a pm, whatevers easier. If u dont have time dont worry about it. Keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is a large map. Since there's very few maps out there for 20+ people and with the latest patch allowing up to 64 players on a server I thought I'd at least throw out one huge map should someone actually have a need.

I threw the levi in at the last minute, I'll probably take it out. The thought process behind it being in the map was that if you had enough patience to get it somewhere it could be of great use holding down one of the choke points. The rest of the vehicles graduate from the faster ones further from the center of the map to the slower ones closer to the center of the map.

There are some dead/empty places on the map, still trying to figure out what to do with those, more nodes is a possibility.

More detail for sure, but want to make sure that I keep relatively good performance so I'll have to be careful.

Yeah, the base and the power cores is tight, need to work on that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like large war maps but this one seems a little bit to large.
    It takes way to long to drive a slow vehicle to the next battle.
    Air units and fast units are the way to go.
    I do like the looks of the map for the most part, there are some areas that need more detail and some of the terrain could use some tweaking, smooth out some of the hills, make narrow paths wider for the big guys to get thru.
    The base buildings could use some more room around the power cores.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should add a core or something near the side bridges, cause really theres no point in using said bridges cept for the Levi.

Another thing, you should add some more AVRiL's cause i only ever found them in the bases.

Also, maybe switch the Cicada for a Raptor, same with the Necris fllyer (i forget its name).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice Warfare map, finaly something big. But its kinda lacking some detail i would say, for example the bridges could look a lot better if you would put some railing on them, or some sort of "posts" at the ends (just one example from many).

Also, i think optional bases should be moved a little closer to the middle, because at the end of the match it takes ages to drive Leviathan from one map corner to another.

I think that you should make crossings more streched, because leviathan hardly fits there, not to mention mantas, hellbenders and scorpion hopelessly trying to outdrive that beast in these narrow canyons.

Also, i think its good idea to link optional nodes to power cores, because if the same team is holding both, thats two leviathans rolling to your base. (that is to make them team-bound, capturable from the match start)

But thats just my opinion, apart from that map plays great, bots behave like they should. With some touches there and there this might be one of the best user made WAR map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    screenshot not showing can't download

Is the zerofrag site down or something? Can't access it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So what did you guys think? How about the vehicle count? Is 20+ vehicles per side too many?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    that looks freakin awesome! d/ling!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy **** man, thats a nice looking War map, i'll have to try this out in a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic WAR-Spires RC 1

WAR-Spires RC 1

Name:WAR-Spires
    Version:RC 1
    Compatibility:PC
    Description:My first original map. Wintry and frigid with LOTS of vehicles. Ideal player count would probably be 20+.
    Comments:
    Credits:Thanks to all the guys at ZeroFrag who tested and provided me with input on this map.
    Homepage:www.zerofrag.com (visit for more Warfare maps)
    Download:http://www.zerofrag.com/maproom/b1gd.../spiresrc1.zip
    Screenshots:

Working...
X