• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Garden of Dreams [PC] [PS3] Final version out

Name: DM-Garden of Dreams

Version: FINAL VERSION OUT.

Compatibility: PC, PS3 .

Comments:

Many thanks to everyone who participated in BETA testing, really apreciated!

Medium sized deathmatch map located on floating islands. Aim was to create atmospheric, colorful, team play based map with large open areas, yet filled with cover. I was kinda bored of those dark maps crawling with space goths (a.k.a. Necris), so i decided to make something new.

Since I dont have PS3 I`d really like to hear from PS3 users about all aspects of the map. I hope you enjoy it.

Link to Full Release forums:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607209

Screenshots (updated):

Additional screenshots:
    Screenshot 5
    Screenshot 6
    Screenshot 7
    Screenshot 8

Comments and criticism are more than welcome.

Theme and name inspired by band Kataklysm

Dante

Your map looks great, I must say this is probably the best first post I've seen. You did a really good job on nailing that vivid look, can't wait for the beta

Comment

Looks cool from the pics ... I noticed you threw in some floating islands ... cool. Any chance there will be a teleport to one of them so I can snipe some bots?

And if you want more comments we need a beta that has bot pathing in it.

Comment

Well, the map is on a floating island, which is surrounded by 5 small accesible island, so yeah, it is possible.

Comment

This looks brilliant!! Can't wait for the beta!!!xDxD

Comment

i think the lighting doesn't look right but i like the idea with the floating islands. looks cool
            also, the third shot kind of reminds me of fable ^^

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

beautifull and nice !

I cant wait to have this map !!!

Comment

Looks great, although I must say the bloom is a little much. Just IMO.

Comment

The cobblestone textures in the first pic appear to repeat too often...might want to play around in the terrain editor to rough up the "neatness" factor going on with the path...

Comment

Nice work.
                      Style reminds me of one of the later Myst games. Can't wait to give it a burl!

Comment

If this maps name wasn't Garden of Dreams I would say that it's too bright, but since it is, I think it was pulled off pretty good. Nice work.

Comment

Yeah, you are right with cobblestone texture Luv Studd, gonna try to fix it.
                          Talking about bloom, i think it looks too bloomish from screenshots, but actualy close bloom ammount isnt that big, yet FarBlur is quite big, its to make clouds look more "distorted", because im using quite low Sky texture resolution in comaparison with stock maps.

And the brightness. From the begining I was not sure if its not too bright, because none of the maps were close to this brightness and colorness, but whenever I try to lower it atleast a bit I feel map looses its feeling, because shadows become too dark and solid, and this way it looses its unique looks.

And beta coming soon, stay tuned.

Dante

Comment

I'll wait for the beta before commenting on the brightness of the level from pics. It's not a bad thing to actually see your opponent once in a while.

Comment

this looks sweet, like the whole look.
                              beta please

Comment

Working...
                              X