WAR-Valhara [Screens][Download for PC][PS3 later]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Eh I think this map would be better if I took out the blue primary node, sealed it up, made the blue base a little less open, make the base just like the red one's architecture. Re-design it a bit and make it a VCTF map.

And steve, where did you get the idea that I'm ungrateful of your suggestions or support? That's not the case at all, I don't know where you got that from.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    ^^ Not a good sign I will say ... guess most of the PS3 crowd has moved onto other games on the PS3. Frontlines, Army of Two, and the upcoming Condemned 2, R6V2, and Dark Sector are really gonna test the loyalty of the true UT3 fans. I really expect to see a lot less interest over the next few weeks (heck some folks are probably playing Super Smash Brawl II over this) and then you have MGS4 and GTA IV to contend with no to mention some others that will sneak into the equation. This is why I think Epic underestimated the PC crowd ... we were loyal no matter what games came out and the forums were always buzzing with lots of activity back in the Ut2K4 days ... I think we can see what is happening now. Console users are just so used to playing one title for a little while and moving on to the next big thing ... I see this as a major issue for the PS3 users ... how much more time will Epic even invest in UT3 on either platform quite honestly if this is the way the community is going? I wonder ... but in any event we still want and need your great maps Bret so don't get discouraged and stop mapping please. We've already lost enough good modders.
    I agree at 100% with you. For the reasons you're mentioning, UT3 phenomena is absolutely nothing compare to all his predecessor.

Speaking for my community support, I was very active in the forums because I was in vacation. They're finish. I begin to work tomorrow, so I'll be here much less often than before.

And honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. Surely, the community don't give a **** neither. The "old" community is almost dead and the new players / mappers as turned to be ungrateful of whatever support you can offer. Shame, UT is a good game but...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Angel_4021 View Post
    Hey Bret, I still have this Beta 1 on my hard drive, pm me and I can give you a link to download it if you need it.
    That would be very helpful thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Bret, I still have this Beta 1 on my hard drive, pm me and I can give you a link to download it if you need it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anybody still have this map? I want to convert it to VCTF...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No you aren't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map didn't really turn out the way I had hoped. I guess I'm losing my touch latley.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He's not working on Valhara either... what the heck has happened Bret?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
    Oh well it doesn't truely matter. til Bret updates us we can't be blamed, PLUS Urban was his map... okay, so DOES ANYONE have the PC version of WAR-Urban.
    Yes, although I'm kind of confused about why this is all taking place in the Valhara thread.

I guess on a related note, I may ask for permission to finish up work on Valhara. Not sure if I will or not, but it's pretty close to being done...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh well it doesn't truely matter. til Bret updates us we can't be blamed, PLUS Urban was his map... okay, so DOES ANYONE have the PC version of WAR-Urban.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He did. I have the ps3 version but not the pc

btw, we've made this topic way off-topic lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did he have a release for Urban? I just was around when he made it and when it was taken down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At least some of us can still experience it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The comments in the topic only really complained about how easy it was to assault the core and the lack of z-axis action, I don't think that was enough to scrap the whole project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well he was trying to find a highway mesh for the elevated highways so maybe he never found any.

I agree, it looked like all his other remakes, amazing.

Urban, along with Alganto de something were my favorite maps, along with Crossfire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X