No announcement yet.

WAR-Valhara [Screens][Download for PC][PS3 later]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anuban, you made since more than anything else in a past few weeks. Bret, don't worry about your map. It's excellent. But game is missing some advertisement, and community is dieing out because EPIC is not trying like it was for UT2k4. You don't need big attention around maps anyway. There are to many different tastes that they would complain too much. If you are satisfied with map you make, you don't need all the hype. There are few good people who will be here and support you and your maps. So relax, continue making great maps and community will live.

Comment

By "Eye candy" what do you recommend exactly? I already have falling leaves from the trees, running water, a waterfall, grass throughout the terrain, what else do you expect? I think it has plenty of eye candy as it is. But I could put a shield belt at the center node on top perhaps via jump pad, I don't want TOO much armor pickups because that would defeat the purpose of vehicles. It would just encourage people to use hoverboards rather than the vehicles provided. I think the nightshade would make it too imbalanced because I had tested the map with that already. But after Wail had played it, he felt that it felt like classic ONS which was what I was aiming for. Nothing too over the top.

And Serenity, I just didn't want my hard work to go un-noticed that's all.

Comment

I don't see what the PS3 gamer loyalty has to do with the amount of feedback for this map. There's no PS3 version of it to give feedback on...

I agree though that people are moving on from the PS3 version. I disagree that it's because of their "gamer ADD". This is single handedly, the most broken, least finished PS3 MP game to come out since the system's launch. After 3 months, no one even knows if the issues are getting fixed or not. Why would anyone stay loyal? If they treated the PC version as badly as they have the PS3 version, trust me that "loyal fanbase" would have gone long ago.

Comment

I understand. And that thing that you were aiming for ONS felling. I like that. ASsault is ASsault and ONSlaught is ONSlaught.

Comment

Well if you feel it is fine then release it ... I was only giving my opinon about the things you could add to make this a more exciting level ... I don't think a couple of armor pickups will discourage people from using Vehicles ... those who love using vehicles are always going to use them and folks who like the hoverboard route will usually go that way. As far as eye candy I can't think of anything in particular ... mainly I meant add something unique that sets your map apart from others that use the same theme. Even if it is one cool mesh or something.

Comment

Still loving the beta. I'll get my hands on the newest version soon, i just keep thinking of new rooms i can make for my map (lol).

Comment

I haven't seen anything unbalanced or things like that. When it's going full?

Comment

Does anyone know of any servers running the map? My play experience on it is with bots, and while bots are reasonable, they don't understand how to utilize a map or all of the strategies that a human use. If not, I'll need to see if I can get some servers to run it, because without playing against real people it's kind of difficult to get a feel for it.

Comment

The map will go full probably later today (If I can wake up that is, kinda tired right now). But I will just add minor changes like an avril weapon pickup rather than in the lockers. I'll maybe put two shield belts at the middle node and have jump pad access to them. That's all I feel it really needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                      The map will go full probably later today (If I can wake up that is, kinda tired right now). But I will just add minor changes like an avril weapon pickup rather than in the lockers. I'll maybe put two shield belts at the middle node and have jump pad access to them. That's all I feel it really needs.

That's up to you, but I do kind of feel that in some areas the map is missing that last bit of polish that really takes a map to the next level.

Some brief examples of things that can be worked on:

-Weapon locker placement and weapon/pickup availability - I think right now you basically get every weapon in every locker. Against humans I worry about overuse of the Avril and the stinger in the wide-open spaces of the level. Also, I think there's only four health pickups on the level in total. It's only something that can be discovered by playing with humans but figuring out what areas are underutilized and placing pickups there is a good way to encourage the entire map to be used.
                      -Jump pads or lifts to get to the upper parts of node structure areas
                      -Node teleporters
                      -Red and Blue base areas can still use refinement. Red base needs to have the BSP trimmed and the meshes leading up to the core structure aligned properly, and the grass removed from on top of it. Blue base should have some pavement areas and general "structure".
                      -Fixing edge-of-map sticky areas
                      -Some meshes (roots) sticking out of the ground oddly. Collision missing on some meshes.
                      -Even though I'm playing on max settings, I barely noticed the leaf falling emitter you're using. Are you using one of the leaf falling distant archetypes for your particle system?
                      -Some attention paid to integrate the tarydium crystals into the environment more. Lighting around the crystals and perhaps a glittery emitter for each crystal bunch.
                      -Maybe adding some more technological lightpost meshes to add some more variation in lighting and also tie in the technological aspect of the map more strongly.

Comment

Hi all,

First post, so hope I'm not speaking out of turn! As a UK PS3 owner, I have to agree with one of the earlier posters - UT3 has only been out over here for a couple of weeks but I continue to be blown away by the sheer volume of high-quality user-created content available.

Bret, I've so far downloaded & thoroughly enjoyed all PS3-cooked versions of your maps, & am indebted like a lot of other PS3 owners to Anuban's cooks, without which a lot of mods probably would have remained PC-only

I also have to agree with Grinchy, though - UT3 for PS3 is broken in a number of ways, most obviously (to me anyway) with the bizarre mod import system: download mod to laptop, unzip to USB memory stick, import to PS3, repeat

It doesn't bother me overmuch because I consider the experience the mods provide to be well worth the effort. I've even managed to tempt a couple of 360-owning colleagues over to the PS3 solely on the strength of this game, so I'd say interest from the PS3 community (at least in the UK) isn't dead yet

On the flip side, I also couldn't see a lot of them taking the time to import all the content, at least until Epic release this rumoured patch which is supposed to make it less painful to do so. Anyone know if that's still in the pipeline? I also heard a rumour that it may be possible to stream mod content from a PS3 serving a game to PS3s that don't have the content - anyone know if there's any truth in that?

So - the long & the short is, it'd be a shame if all the people building these stunning mods decided to stop. I appreciate it takes huge amount of hard work & dedication, and I take my hat off to the people who do it. Bret, if you do decide to cook this map for the PS3, I'll definitely be playing it

Keep up the good work

Comment

So how goes progress, i haven't check it out since the private beta.

Comment

Have completely discarded UrbanDowntown, I liked the basic map concept

Comment

Oh yeah, how is the remake for WAR-Urban going?

Comment

Bret dropped Urban Downtown, which was a shame because it was a really nice looking map....

Anyway, would love to play this map on the ps3 soon

Comment

Working...
                                X