No announcement yet.

WAR-Valhara [Screens][Download for PC][PS3 later]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed and downloaded it ... will give some feedback later this evening.

I bet people will notice when you release a download for Timberland though.

Comment

Sorry sorry, been busy with friends, i'll check i real soon.

Comment

Thanks I was beginning to feel ignored
        And Anuban, it's bloodgulch

Comment

^^^ Oh right right .. BG is the one people really can't wait to play. Duh.

Comment

Emmmm, stupid FileFront won't let me download it.
            Can full version be uploaded on 2 places?

Comment

I don't know where else to host it?

Comment

Nali City, unrealplayground...

Comment

Doesnt matter, I can see people don't really care about this map anywho.

Comment

Oh stop it ... I am just about to play this great map and see the changes you made. Give me 30 minutes to eat some breakfast man ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                      Doesnt matter, I can see people don't really care about this map anywho.
                      Not at all-- this community just seemed to die off really quickly over the last few weeks. Hardly anyone on these forums.

Comment

^^ Not a good sign I will say ... guess most of the PS3 crowd has moved onto other games on the PS3. Frontlines, Army of Two, and the upcoming Condemned 2, R6V2, and Dark Sector are really gonna test the loyalty of the true UT3 fans. I really expect to see a lot less interest over the next few weeks (heck some folks are probably playing Super Smash Brawl II over this) and then you have MGS4 and GTA IV to contend with no to mention some others that will sneak into the equation. This is why I think Epic underestimated the PC crowd ... we were loyal no matter what games came out and the forums were always buzzing with lots of activity back in the Ut2K4 days ... I think we can see what is happening now. Console users are just so used to playing one title for a little while and moving on to the next big thing ... I see this as a major issue for the PS3 users ... how much more time will Epic even invest in UT3 on either platform quite honestly if this is the way the community is going? I wonder ... but in any event we still want and need your great maps Bret so don't get discouraged and stop mapping please. We've already lost enough good modders.

Edit: I do have to admit I will be playing Condemned 2, R6V2, and Dark Sector but I will still make time for UT ... just won't have time to be on the forums as much.

Comment

That is a real shame.

Comment

Anuban, that is what is happening with PS3 players. My friends with PS3's spend about a month on one game, then dump it for a new one, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Warhawk, COD4, Devil May Cry....and so on. It's a social thing, people don't want to be seen playing "old" or "last month's" games when their friends are over. I'm still trying to convince a buddy with a PS3 and a PC to pick up UT3. They all think UT3 is some kind of underground niche game due to the lack of advertising for it. P.S.: Bret I still like ArcticStronghold!

Comment

Oh I know man ... its now just PS3 gamers to be fair ... its really a console thing ... even 360 gamers act the same way ... although with XBL titles to seem to have a longer life ... look at Halo 3, Gear, R6V, and GRAW 2. But overall console gamers get hit with so many choices and so many titles that sometimes I can't get upset ...after all I own both consoles and for a while before UT3 came out I was playing mainly on my 360 for a couple of years.

About the level .... I like the added ARViL but I wish you would place them on their own weapon stands like on most of the other WAR maps ... I just like that better ... its easy to forget that you even have the ARViL and also for a while I didn't even know I had it I was looking for it to be by itself. Also the support nodes need better weapons. At least have either the Rocket or the Flak cannon available as a choice please. When you are dealing with Heavy Vehicles the other weapons don't feel quite as good. But looks wise I like it and it is fun but some more eye candy and some pickups like the shieldbelt ... more armor chests, armor leggings, superhealth since there are both tanks and DWs to contend with etc. what about throwing in a Berserk, Redeemer, and/or Invinsible pickup just to spice things up. Add add those force field things and some depth charges or some spider or emp mines ... get creative and make this thing a real blast. It is just a bit plain now so spice it up!

Comment

I will say as a PS3 gamer who to this day is still mind blown over the sheer amount of amazing mods and maps for this game that I will continue playing UT3 for a LONG time. There is quite simply nothing else like it on the system. Sure there are some amazing games coming out like the ones Anuban mentioned...and I admit I do plan on getting GTA IV and MGS4 when they are released...but once again, UT3 is in a world of its own. As long as great maps continue being made I will continue to be enthralled in it.

Edit: Also to be fair to other PS3 users...we are still waiting for a patch to fix some crippling issues. If they fix the online play and add split screen support I predict this game will go through a "renaissance" among gamers. Oh and I still play Warhawk to death

Comment

Working...
                                X