Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Citadel-UT3[BETA][Pics][PC & PS3 Download][Updated 3/5/2008]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Citadel-UT3[BETA][Pics][PC & PS3 Download][Updated 3/5/2008]

Name: CTF-Citadel-UT3
    Version: Beta2
    Compatibility: PC UT3 Patch 1.2 ; PS3
    Description: CTF-Citadel was originally authored by James Schmalz and released with the retail versions of UT2003 and UT2004. This is my attempt to recreate the map using content from UT3. The material used on the flagroom floors was imported from the UT2004 version. The portal above the tower has the original UT2004 static mesh buried inside it - I cheated a bit as I am still learning how to make my own content. Everything else in the map can be found within the retail UT3 packages.
    Comments: I wasn't trying to duplicate the UT2004 Citadel. I have attempted to give the map a slightly different feel.
    Screenshot:

Credits: Original author James Schmalz, www.hourences.com, forums.epicgames.com, www.google.com, & the QA team of Sonik, CROM, R33P, & diGi.
    Homepage: http://www.atomicrage.net/forums
    Download:
    PC -
    PC-
    PS3 -
    PS3 -

I remember playing this on on my original X-Box in Unreal Championship.

I'll have to check it out once it's uploaded, see if It's still as fun as I remember it.

Comment

It looks great, but i remember it being much darker. Can you make it darker a bit? Other than that, nice job.

-EJon

Comment

Yeah this is look pretty good hey , I agree with EpicJon it could certainly be alittle darker. Perhaps some fog volumes as well, maybe some volumetric lights as well since the tech is there now

Comment

I think you guys should play the map first and then make suggestions, screenshots are nice when they are nice and bright so you can see the map. if screenshots were darker, then you couldnt see anything.

Comment

Thats not the point, you don't need to play the map inorder to see that it needs some lighting modifications/fog editing. Simple as that.

-EJon

Comment

Good job, except the hallways are WAY to large and wide, more confined was how it was in Ut2k4 and a bit TOO bright, need some darkness on this dreary map!

Comment

No worries folks. I didn't try to completely regurgitate the original map. I tried to put my own spin on it slightly...a little "Necrification". I'll have the link up shortly and you guys can give it a looksie. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Skybox is a little empty. Perhaps an ocean down below? Or more floating islands off in the distance? Thunder and lightning?

I also agree with the others that it could look darker. Seems nice otherwise though, will post later with more impressions.

Comment

Download link is up guys, enjoy.

Comment

won't let me download

-EJon

Comment

link is slow, give it a few seconds

Comment

I was also thinking darker... and some snow...

Comment

Just judging from the screenshots, the lighting in the map is very washed out and makes everything look very flat and dull, try to angle the skylight some more perhaps so you get some interesting shadows across the terrain.

The map looks very true to the 2k3 version, props for that!

Comment

Originally posted by DaZ View Post
                              Just judging from the screenshots, the lighting in the map is very washed out and makes everything look very flat and dull, try to angle the skylight some more perhaps so you get some interesting shadows across the terrain.

The map looks very true to the 2k3 version, props for that!
                              Agreed. I have much to learn with regards to map lighting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X