X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vDM/vTDM-SKYCAP-Beta 3

DM-SkyCAP

BETA3

Bringing you the First (I know that others have followed suit) Aerial UT3 DM Map

The skies are littered with shrapnel and the refueling station is under attack for control of the last remaining drops of oil. Destroy all opposing sky pirates and take hold of the fuel depot to win the trust of your commrades and the envy of your enemies.

Beta 2 Changes:
    -improved bot performance
    -added under carriage on both bases
    -added a FURY in each hangar (1 per team)
    -added collision to main props
    -ladder to roof of hangar with sniper rifle
    -invulnerability in booby trapped room (gas your friends with a pull of the lever inside or outside(press use))
    -less confusing landing lights(no more "IS THAT A BLUE GUY??")
    -sky clutter added

Beta 3 Changes:
    - Reworked Bot Pathing
    - Reworked Vehicle Pathing
    - Reverted Back to no under carriage (Increases Aerial fighting)
    - Reworked Background (City)
    - Reworked Lighting
    - Fixed Ladder (before bots coudl go up, but not down)

Credits: Created and tested by: NeoGzus and NightEye

DOWNLOAD NOW: DM-SkyCAP-BETA3
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+SkyCAP.../fileinfo.html
    New Link Up and running

nice update

Reworked Bot Pathing
    Reworked Vehicle Pathing
    Reworked Lighting
    thank you !

Comment

Thank You

I want to say something about Bots flying....

They won't crazy dog fight with you, but they will use the entire area if they need to, but if they do see another bot within their line of site on the ground, they will poach them.

It's definitely a different and fun map to play.

Comment

Wasn't this is a WAR map?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
          Wasn't this is a WAR map?
          There is a WAR version, that will be finished once this DM/TDM version is completed.

Since I personally am not a WAR fan, I had to release this in at least a game type that I love. There is no gameplay like this one with the Vehicles in DM, it totally changes the way you play.

Comment

Coool!! I am really a big fan of this level ... it shows a ton of imagination and it is so different from the majority of levels around. This is definitely a level that should be mentioned by BU when it is done. Amazing work ... better than TwistedFace to me just because the theme is so fresh and is something rarely scene. Futuristic blimps ... that is some hot stuff.

Comment

1 question, if you have sides/ bases why not have it as VCTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                1 question, if you have sides/ bases why not have it as VCTF?
                That may still occur (we have a beta around here someone on the forums to test it out to see if it is worth bringing to the final stages,) we found that with WAR the bots respond to the objectives better and make a "real" attempt at capturing them, while with VCTF........ they seem to get lost on what to do.

If there was more online play, then there would be no problem, but with the shear amount of people that play single player, we have to rely on bot pathing that isn't as reliable once air vehicles are implemented.

Coool!! I am really a big fan of this level ... it shows a ton of imagination and it is so different from the majority of levels around. This is definitely a level that should be mentioned by BU when it is done. Amazing work ... better than TwistedFace to me just because the theme is so fresh and is something rarely scene. Futuristic blimps ... that is some hot stuff.
                AnubanUT2, thank you so much. That compliment means more to me from you then anything BU does or does not say. I don't want to reign on Neo's parade because he is an amazing designer, but this level started as an idea in my head and we both just kept building upon it.

I want to throw a shout out to whoever suggested in the previous thread adding some far away background blimps because that totally improved upon the landscape.

Comment

You guys did a great job improving the bot AI for this map ... I got into quite a few good air skirmishes ... exactly what I was looking for in a level like this. I would just like to see the DM version more spread out ... not much more but for example there is a pretty big sizable space next to one of the platform and you could move it over while pulling the more centered specific blimp back and to the left side bit thus filling up that area a little better and making the level feel less congested. I hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                    You guys did a great job improving the bot AI for this map ... I got into quite a few good air skirmishes ... exactly what I was looking for in a level like this. I would just like to see the DM version more spread out ... not much more but for example there is a pretty big sizable space next to one of the platform and you could move it over while pulling the more centered specific blimp back and to the left side bit thus filling up that area a little better and making the level feel less congested. I hope that makes sense.
                    I am Glad that you Overall Enjoyed it.

I will take a look at it from an above view later and see what needs to be done.

Comment

You said it!

This is probably the most unique map that I have played on here, this is something totally different than what is out there. The game play for this map has improved so much since beta 1.

Comment

Is there another mirror that's not FileFront, becose when I try to download from it and it says this:

"There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried... "

Every time.
                        Any idea why?!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                          Is there another mirror that's not FileFront, becose when I try to download from it and it says this:

"There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried... "

Every time.
                          Any idea why?!
                          There is not at the moment, but I will fix that this afternoon.

Edit:
                          New URL Added.....

Comment

This map is fun as hell to play. Definitely unique.

Comment

Yes it is isn't it ...especially when you load up the bots ... I played with 12 bots last night and man it was crazy fun ... I even got shot down a couple of times by some bots in the Cicada if you can believe that ... I happen to hate that thing preferring the more nimble and reliable Raptor ... of course it could be that I just suck with the Cicada! Can't wait for this map to be a final. PS3 gamers better hope this cooks cause otherwise you'll be missing one of the most unique maps available for UT3.

Comment

Working...
                              X