• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Codex-BETA (Necris)

Name: v3n

Version: Beta1

Compatibility: 1.1

Description: A reasonably high detail remake of popular ut99 map DM-Codex, with a necris twist!

Comments: few known bugs (invis door cant be shot open with flak primary, an epic bug afaik)

Screenshot: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3...ightingpv7.jpg

Credits: all the usual ppl at epic, #unrealed, prolly forgot a few will do better thx list in final version!

Homepage: #ut.evo / #unrealed

Download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Codex+.../fileinfo.html

look very promising, just make sure you get the original music in there. Nothing bugs me more than a classic remake, that doesnt use the classic music.

Comment

Yup, looks really nice so far.

Comment

Looks good from the shot. Got kind of a Vertebrae feel to it.

Ran a few matches and ran into some minor issues:

The bots get stuck in various places around the map:
        -the spawnpoint near the minigun (facing toward the lower belt room.)
        -the minigun spawn itself.
        -the corner near the lift up to the rocket, on the 50a side.
        -the rocket pack and shock core alcove, on the corner near the health vials.
        -the base of the stairs in the room with the two staircases; trying to jump up to the rocket pack from too far down, and running into the Link side of the other staircase, (facing upt he stairs, but hitting the front of the left-hand side.

-Had a bot up and die out of nowhere while standing near the base of the staircase facing the sniper/Invis area.

-Bots were running around with Enforcers mostly (though I did see them using all the weapons), and didn't seem to go after pickups very aggressively, especially not the Invis or 50a.

A couple minor collision issues:
        -If you're near the back corners of the bio lift, the lift can get stuck for a moment. Easily escaped, but can be problematic.
        The ledge with the rocket pack up in the RL spawn has some strange collision. There's a static mesh against the wall that creates a seemingly invisible ledge that allows me to "walk on air" around the rocket pack side of the edge, and pass through the little platform that the pack itself is on.

An a texture issue:
        -Default, checkerboard texture is visible through the grate in the hallway between the lower belt room and the shock spawn.

Other than those, though, it's a great map. You made it feel like the map was designed for the Necris texture set, it really feels at home with it.

Comment

Please change the texture behind the 50 armor vest. It's too bright!
          When you look from near the belt all the way 'down' to the armor through the doorway you only see the bright texture on the wall but not the armor itself.

Comment

thx for input guys, i've changed the default texture by the water and sorted out the collision issues

about the bots... there is currently no bot pathing in the map and to be honest I'm not sure I'll ever get round to adding any. Do people still even play single player on this game?

oww and the bright lighting behind the amour might get taken down a notch or two, why not.

Comment

I can't wait to see this map finished, looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by v3n View Post
                thx for input guys, i've changed the default texture by the water and sorted out the collision issues

about the bots... there is currently no bot pathing in the map and to be honest I'm not sure I'll ever get round to adding any. Do people still even play single player on this game?

oww and the bright lighting behind the amour might get taken down a notch or two, why not.
                Please, please, please add bot support! More people played 2k4 offline than online, and roughly the same is likely true for 3.
                Besides, I don't want to be entirely dependent on what some server host decides to put in his line-up, I want to be able to play the maps I want, with the mutators I want, and to do that, I need to play offline.

Comment

From what I understand its not difficult to add bot support ... you should be aware that not many servers are running custom maps and if you are just relying on online players for your map to be played then you are going to be disappointed. It would be a shame for all your effort to be wasted just because you don't add bot support. Most of the custom DM maps are being offline with bots .. just look around all these threads. And PS3 gamers won't want a map with no bot support believe me. So please reconsider and if you can't do it yourself there are a lot of mappers who would probably be happy to do that if you post the request for assistance in this area:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=351

I really like this reskinned version of Codex ... it really gives the level an entirely different feel. As much as I have played Codex ... from the PS2 version of UT all the way to the current remakes in UT2K4 and UT3 I was so thrown by the new look I actually found myself getting a little lost here and there. I really hate having to delete this from my hd but I am one of those bot only players.

Comment

Hey v3n. I really like the look of this one! I'm eagerly awaiting the release. Sadly i don't have time to beta test right now, i'll give it a shot when i get a second.

Comment

Graphical aspect is perfect. Just don't forget PIC (to map select) & MUSIC. Mayby more weapons to grab

Comment

^^^ This is a remake based on a classic level from UT99 so the number and placement of the weapons is already set.

Comment

Working...
                        X