• Show
Clear All

WAR-Infiltration: Assault-Style Warfare! [BETA][PICS]

Name:
    WAR-Infiltration

Version:
    Beta 1

Compatibility:
    Requires a script package (included in archive with map).

Description:
    A map that requires one team to infiltrate an enemy forward supply facility and destroy that facility's Power Core.

When attacking heavily fortified remote installations, Assault Respawners are used to provide the attacking team with a more stable respawning lattice than the more temporary FLaGs, enabling them to overcome their enemies under even the most dire of conditions. Time is their only enemy in scenarios like this...the team must simply wear their enemies down.

Recommended Time Limit: 10 Minutes
    Recommended Goal Score: 3
    Recommended number of players: 10+ (supports 16).

Comments:
    You guessed it...this is an Assault map! It will function almost exactly like a 2k4 AS map, but I had to make some room for the Warfare rules. For example: The winning team still gets 2 points, or 1 point for an OT win. However, it is impossible for the defending team to destroy the attacking team's core. Their goal, of course, is to prevent the attacking team from destroying the two controlling nodes that keep their Power Core from overloading.

If the attacking team succeeds in destroying the core before time runs out, the teams switch and the former defending team has to beat the attacking team's time to also secure a 2-point win. If you fail to beat the original time, you'll only gain 1 point, and you will effectively lose the match.

If the defending team successfully defends their core until the time runs out, they will have to keep defending until the enemy Assault Respawner depletes it's energy reserves, and they will get a 1 point OT win, as well as a chance to win the whole match when they're attacking by destroying the enemy power core before time runs out.

On a side note:
    While there is pathing for bots...they don't do too well because of the way the gameplay works. If you want to get an idea on the flow of combat in the main areas, they're good for that..but don't expect them to hop into turrets or blow shaped charges.

Screenshot:
    Destroy the Bridge Node to extend the bridge and render the enemy turrets uesless.
    [screenshot]http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/b/berto628/129333/neavttdbhb.jpg[/screenshot]

Destroy the Security Door Node to open the Blast Doors.
    [screenshot]http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/b/berto628/129333/rengcfgqgw.jpg[/screenshot]

Blast your way into the control room through the side doors if you don't want to face the frontal defenses.
    [screenshot]http://static4.filefront.com/images/personal/b/berto628/129333/rjrfrocxtv.jpg[/screenshot]

Destroy the Core Regulation Nodes to overload the Enemy Core!
    [screenshot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/b/berto628/129333/vpwjxrtfnm.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits:
    Epic for an awesome game, and everyone who helped with scripting insights and concepting.

Download:
    http://files.filefront.com/WAR+Infil.../fileinfo.html

shameless, selfish bumpery! I must have feedback!

Comment

YES MEN !!! Looks so awesome!

also 1 little well famous question : PS3 cook?

Comment

Looks like an awesome idea!

it looks like a cool beginners map, but from the screenshots i can see there is a LOT of BSP and minimal static mesh. more static mesh = more detail = looks cooler .

i really like the idea however, so il give this a d/l.

expect feedback soon

Comment

Brilliant!!! Assault!!! will definately check this out!

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
            Looks like an awesome idea!

it looks like a cool beginners map, but from the screenshots i can see there is a LOT of BSP and minimal static mesh. more static mesh = more detail = looks cooler .

i really like the idea however, so il give this a d/l.

expect feedback soon
            Yeah, I stuck with the minimalist approach for this project because of my relative inexperience with flow for assault maps. I figure if you guys like the feel of things in terms of switching sides and the time limit changes, I will mesh it out and light it properly. Currently there is only the worldlight and pickup lights, and only the more complex static meshing has been done. If it's well received, expect a full version ASAP.

Comment

It needs improved ighting imo from seeing the screens. i will try out later

Comment

Looks cool, I downloaded it to give it a shot.

Any chance you can describe what you've done with regards to your custom script package? I've been working on modified nodes for use in Assault-style maps, and I'd like to know what steps you've taken to get this running.

Comment

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you how the scripts are coded. An acquaintance of mine put it together for me. I just know it took come coding.

Comment

Description:
                    A map that requires one team to infiltrate an enemy forward supply facility and destroy that facility's Power Core.
                    Nice idea.
                    Lets hope we will see more assault type maps in the future.

Comment

Nice. Is it possible to make some objectives that involve activating switches like in UT99? or are they restrained to only destroying power cores?

Comment

Working...
                      X